Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Euclid Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 5:56

That should just be 0x4EE50 (headerless) -> EA to DA.

[edit] oh crap forgot to scroll down - looks like i'll need some space, somewhere.

Lets see. How about 0x3FD81, seems empty in my rom.

Headerless addresses:
0x4EE50 - DA
0x4EE53 - 22 81 FD 07
0x3FD81 (should see some FFs) - AD 03 04 09 80 8D 03 04 22 5F F6 1D 6B
Euclid
Euclid

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 10:31

Alright it works perfectly thanks! They drop pendants or crystals anymore. The only thing remaining now is to prevent all the bosses to drop heart pieces.

There's this patch by Reshaper256 which does this kinda by changing the heart containers into heart pieces but if possible I would like it if all the bosses dropped nothing at all instead.

Thanks!

Code:

lorom

; Apply this patch to a HEADERLESS Zelda 3 ROM!

;********************************************************
; Bosshearts v1.1 - By Reshaper256
;
;(specifically made for use in GameMakr24's Quest for Calatia)
;
; Original Release: 05/22/2005 - v1.0
;     
; Version History: 05/27/2005 - v1.1
;
; Purpose:    To make it so every boss which holds a pendant or crystal
;              drops a heart piece instead of a heart container. When the
;              heart piece is collected, the pendant/crystal then falls into
;      the room.
;
; Directions:  To apply this patch you will need an SNES assembler. I     
;              recommend Xkas, which can be found at
;              <http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com> under utilities.
;
; Contact:    Email me at <jajomart@gmail.com> if you have any questions or
;              bugs to report.
;
;
; Bosshearts Part 1 - Heart Containers --> Heart Pieces
;     

org $05A079

db $EB ; Changes the item dropped by the Armos Knights boss from a
 ; heart container to a heart piece.

org $05A538

db $EB ; Changes the item dropped by the Lanmolas boss from a heart
 ; container to a heart piece.

org $09EE50

db $EB ; Changes the item dropped by the Moldorm, King Helmasaur,
 ; Arrghus, Mothula, Blind the Thief, Kholdstare, Vitreous,
 ; and Trinexx bosses from a heart container to a heart piece.
 ; So yeah, this covers all the rest of the bosses that drop
 ; heart containers - I checked.

; Bosshearts Part 2 - Still Drop the Treasure
;     

org $05F006

db $C0, $A0 ; This change is important, because the game will
; not drop the pendants/crystals if don't tell the
; game to set the high bit of $0403 in RAM.
;
 ; You'd be stuck... but not anymore, cuz now they
; include the high bit so the treasure still drops.

org $08CA99

NOP #$7 ; This code originally conflicted with some heart
 ; pieces setting bit 6 in $0403 when you picked
 ; them up, because for some reason the game would
 ; check that bit and decide it shouldn't drop the
 ; treasure.  I couldn't find the reason why the game
 ; originally made this check, so I just NOPed out
 ; the problem.  If anyone can find a bug this
; creates, please report it.

; Bosshearts Part 3 - Minibosses Don't Drop Heart Pieces
;     

org $06C0A3

JSL $07FD00 ; JSL to my hook to check if we're in a miniboss
; room, and kill the heart piece if we are.

org $07FD00

PHP ; Push the processor status onto the stack.

REP #$20

PHX ; Push X onto the stack.

LDX #$04 ; Want to add more minibosses to the game?  Subtract
 ; 1 from the total number of miniboss rooms in the
; game, multiply by 2, and stick that value here in
; the place of the #$04.  Then, go down to the
; MINIBOSSTABLE and add their room numbers to it.

BRANCH_MINIBOSSCHECK:

LDA $A0 ; Load the current room number.

CMP MINIBOSSTABLE, X ; Check against current value in the
; MINIBOSSTABLE

BEQ BRANCH_ROOMMATCH ; Was it the same value?

DEX : DEX ; No, so get ready to check the next value
 ; on the list...

BPL BRANCH_MINIBOSSCHECK ; But was that the last room number
; we need to check against? If no,
; back to the beginning of the loop!
 ; If yes, we're done checking -
; we're not in a miniboss room!

PLX ; Pull X back off the stack.

PLP ; Pull the processor status back off the stack.

JSL $05F018 ; JSL to the normal heart piece routine...

RTL ; And return from everything, we're done!

BRANCH_ROOMMATCH: ; We're in a miniboss room...

PLX ; Pull X back off the stack

PLP ; Pull the processor status back off the stack

STZ $0DD0, X ; ...So we kill off the heart piece being dropped
; from the boss before the heart piece even
 ; appears...

RTL ; ...And return from everything, we're done!

MINIBOSSTABLE:

dw $001C, $006C, $004D ; These are just the room numbers of the
 ; minibosses. You can edit them, or even add
 ; more - just be sure to change the LDX #$04
 ; above also, as the instructions beside it
; explain.

; End of 'Bosshearts' patch

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 12:01

Droping nothing at all by bosses is actually a lot easier. I remember from one of the documents it is just a byte change using standard hex. You should find it in the documents under hex editing (I can't remember where exactly though).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 13:03

Thanks! Found the document you we're referring to! It gave an address for a rom with a header. It is at 0x2EF4C (headerless) - change from D0 07 (or something similar) to EA EA = bosses don't drop hearts

It had D0 04 there, changed them to EA EA and it worked!

Boss now drop nothing whatsover so I can have them in any rooms as mini boss or just in the wild like in overworlds lol

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 18:19

i remember trying to help GM with this years ago.....

i swear i also changed the D0 07 to EA EA but i swear it didnt do the job.

searches e-mail

wow this is old........ dec 27 2009

my email wrote:Hi Zack. This is Eric. Sorry I haven’t e-mailed you back lately I hope you had a great Christmas. I did meet up with my programming friend, Matt, but I was so upset about what happened that I haven’t wanted to talk about it until now. So this is how it went. The reason why I contacted Matt was because pretty much everyone in the computer science department at my school said that he would be best suited for helping out with rom hacking. I even gave him 25 dollars just to let him know that I’m serious and that I want actual programming results. I had to wait until school was out so we could both have some free time to work on those ASM hacks. So when I finally came to his house we did talk about rom hacking a lot but he often got side tracked and spent long periods of time rambling about other non-hacking related subjects. He looked through MathOnNapkin’s Zelda3 documents and talked about what some assembly codes were used for. He does know some assembly. Oh by the way he joined the message board, his name is crazysix. We decided that the custom weapon idea would be pretty advanced to start out with so we decided to try and disable the hearts that the bosses would drop as our first goal. I showed him this webpage, http://web2.wku.edu/~james.martin2/resh/z3data.html and apparently it tells you what code to type in to disable the hearts. We tried to change the rom but apparently we couldn’t find the right address, there is a post by him on the message board explaining this. Euclid then noted that the rom we were using was headered, I guess a headered rom has different addresses than a non-headered one. Anyways we then tried to find the address in a headered version of the rom and we found it but then when we tried to change D0 04 to EA EA the code would not overwrite in a nice way but then shifted everything down and then all the code looked really messed up. I intended on posting a screen shot showing our attempt but I actually got discouraged and was very frustrated because of our lack of progress. Overall I paid someone 25 dollars and did not get the results that I expected. Matt was supposed to be my new good friend that could really help me to understand how to rom hack and instead it ended up turning out to be a very disappointing experience. I mean Matt is supposed to be this expert computer programmer, he is really smart and all but he didn’t really seem interested in the project and I think after he started reading all the Zelda 3 documents that I gave him, he realized that it was probably more work than he expected. I thought Matt was going to be this hero and that he would be able to code anything but instead he turned out to be really lazy and didn’t really care. He didn’t even give me my money back or say that he was sorry.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 24 Feb 2014 - 16:22

Been a while since I've posted anything, so here's a video of a secret boss you'll encounter in the game if you can manage to get into that secret hidden dungeon which I'll build once all dungeons are fully inserted!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 13:02

I'm actually getting better editing the monologue.

Finally found out how to scroll three lines instead of one and begin the new sentence on the first line, goes like this:

[Window 02][Speed 05]You've entered[2]Parallel Universes![Waitkey][Scroll][Scroll][Scroll][Speed 11][1]It is BETA v0.1[Waitkey][Scroll][Scroll][Scroll][Speed 07][1]Have fun![Waitkey][Scroll][Scroll][Scroll][Speed 15]-SePH

You add three [Scroll] back to back and add a [1] making the next sentence appearring in the first line. A [2] will make the sentence appear in the second line and leave it empty and it'll appear on the last row instead!

Here's a video:

It's actually amazing that we can set the [Speed] to various values while scrolling the sentences, gives us more freedom.

I could for instance make a certain character talk to Conker in a slow voice and then switch to Conker's reply in a faster tone!

Then there's also the fact that we can add a sound effect to each individual word if we want, hell every individual letter too lol.

The monologue editor is therefore more manageable then I ever though.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 13:33

Is that secret dungeon going to be the one with all of our hidden NPCs?

Also that's interesting that you could set the speed with dialogue I had never known of that. Hack is looking great as usual though! Keep up the good work!
scawful
scawful

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 19:43

moegami wrote:Is that secret dungeon going to be the one with all of our hidden NPCs?
Hadn't thought about it but it could be somehow related yeah.

The way I was planning on hidding this dungeon would be to make it available in the second quest only.

Accessible using a name passcode like the one PW (TotT)

But this time around, in PU, you'd start the game in a completely different starting room.

I could even make an exlusive overworld area for it. Add this secret dungeon, many many items and ganon acessible from the start!

Regarding the dungeon itself, I was thinking about changing some enemies into the repro dudes! You'd be fighting them on behalf of the programmers! In fact, the 2nd quest would start like so:

C:/CONKER_
C:/CONNKKKERRR_
C:/~Wake up_

-Arrgghh... another shitty day in another shitty universe...
-What is it again? Who the fuck woke me up, I ain't seing shit... must be my mind playing tricks...

C:/Hello_

-Oh boy! I remember now..
-It's you guys!

C:/CAN'T TALK LONG.
C:/You're in Danger. Period.
C:/Evil repro dudes are going to seal you in a cartdridge!
C:/Fight them now, ask questions later!

-Oh no!
-The world is gonna end and I haven't had time to renew my monthly subscribtion to Reader's Digest.
-What a world.. what a world!
-Somebody, someone, please bring me a baseball club please!

C:/Will that red lightsaber do just fine instead?

-OOHHHH!

[receive red lightsaber, then cut to gameplay]

But I'll wait until the dungeons are actually all completely inserted before starting it. I have mostly finished my six dungeons (just need to link some of them of their new boss rooms), now working on finishing the Triforce Shrine.

Puzzledude will send me his four dungeons in about one month exactly. I'll then copy them over my rom over the course of the month of april-may. I'll then finish my remaining stuff in june-july so early beta tests could then start in about august.

Euclid dungeon maps/area names/room names and final asm changes will then be done/added during the rest of the year.

In other news I found out yesterday that before going in vacation, Conn had actually already fixed my chests to allow crystals to come out of them and not freeze the game anymore!

Also did I mention there's going to have 19 rings to collect in the game XD

20 if we count 'The One Ring'!

I won't tell what the're meant for though, I'll let you guys find out by yourselves!*Spoilers!* ;-)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 8:04

Regarding the dungeon itself, I was thinking about changing some enemies into the repro dudes! You'd be fighting them on behalf of the programmers! In fact, the 2nd quest would start like so:
Like you would be reading my mind. Don't forget the names Timewalk and Undead Space Monkey. The first one abused practically every good hack out there, and sold it for a lot of money. The second one bought probably every good Z3 hack out there and bragged all over youtube with unboxing.

I actually wanted to make a spoof hack on this subject: the main idea: "the Undead space monkey has invaded the land. Link, save us from the retro cart attack. Undead space monkey, stay dead." So I wanted to make one of the bosses look like the black monkey with the helmet (the avatar of the abuser), and I wanted to change the name Ganon into Timewalk. The only good thing is that they apparently closed their business.

The evil repro monsters are going to seal you in a cartridge.
Epic.

The gimmick up there is interesting, since I changed the main word into "monsters", starts with the letter M. Since the correct term is "makers" (since they make carts), also starts with M.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 16:43

If anyone should be selling the games it should be us.

Timewalk closed???
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 1 Mar 2014 - 21:02

Good ideas Puzzledude, I'll be sure to use some of them!

About selling hacks, nobody should do.

Almost every rom hack uses graphics from other games at some point during it's life span. Think about all the people that created those graphics!

Should we also give them money received by selling ''our'' games?  :-P

What about me if I ever release my hack and add every single one of your puzzles in it and copy all of spane dungeon graphics, should I also give you guys money?

^^That's an exemple of course, I have no intentions of stealing your work, same as with that video I posted in your thread, I won't add it in the final game without your approval!

But you get the idea, we all use gfx, ideas, music from others at some point and no ones should profit from that.

Besides, Nintendo still owns the franchise and most of the rom code except our asm hacks at the end of the rom which could be considered ''ours''. :-)

And yeah Timewalk Games is no more!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 17:48

In case you guys want to see how the different endings will play out, here's one exemple.

Conn and Euclid helped foolproof the dialogue endings and in doing so, made my sentences more readable.

The final four endings and the conditions to get them will remain hidden though.

Can't wait to see how long it'll take for you guys to find out!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 22:04

Are those the real graphics that will be seen in game or on a real SNES???

Those graphics are outstanding!!! Incredible for the SNES!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 23:24

Yeah, those were real pc backgrounds that were inserted by Conn.. similar to the work that was done on BSZelda AST otherwise.

I handpicked the final screens slides carefully over the course of a few weeks and then edited some of them, namely the five different sacred realms versions you can enter ;-)

(the first screen in each of the endings)

Not all the endings have four screens in them, the more hidden one has more slides and another one that has three slides but... in total theres 21 ending screens, making them take a huge amount of freespace at the end of the rom.

Plenty of replay value!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 18:53

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image13_zpsfa25275c

^^I know, I had too much time on my hands...

Made using the awesome and official Star Wars crawl generator!
http://starwars.com/play/online-activities/crawl-creator/

How I actually wished it looked like that in game:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image13_zpsfa25275c

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 19:28

uhoh... this is far beyond my skills... though I think it even may be done with snes Hardware using mode7 or so.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 2:01

If you pulled that off using mode 7 that would be insane. maybe smwcental might have some tutorials about it. they do that every now and then.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 5:43

well, theoretically it is possible, since zelda3 also uses mode7 for the overworld map Screen I think, but I have Zero knowledge on this. Maybe someone else is found to hack this...
As you see, wiiq seems to have some experiences on this, so it might be a good idea to contact him, SePH:
http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=51461
if he's too busy making it, maybe Euclid or I can try to include it with the tutorial given in this thread.

the effect is used in many games; e.g., look at f-Zero, that's more or less the same.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Mode_7_Test-0000
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 7:28

The overworld map screen is mode 7 - though moving text in mode 7 is hard since mode 7 is just a projection change of a layer.

To give you an idea how it works, what kinda happen is first you need to work out how to do the text and background in one layer. This means the whole text segment needs to be flattened onto the overworld map from top to bottom, then the mode 7 would start the camera at the top of the map and slowly scroll down to the bottom of the map - thus getting that star wars text effect.

It sounds very challenging (and it is), so I'm definitely not putting my hand up for that >_>
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 16:40

If even you decline I definitively will as well especially after reading the challenges coming up with it. A good address to ask might be wiiq then ^_^''
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 17:22

at least its not super super hard since your not rotating the screen at left or right
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 17:52

Alright I'll try to get in touch with wiiqwertyuiop in that case.

I believe MoN has some experience with Mode 7 back when he was working on Dark Prophecy but I know he's busy with his disassembly, so no worries for now :-P

^^It was just another fantasy of mine anyway lol

While waiting for Puzzledude's final four dungeons, I've begun creating my final tilesets I'll add in-game!

The Casino already has some graphics changed, might add new ones.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image5_zpsc3b987b4

^^You've seen the scale of Moegami's ship? You now know how large objects can become in one area...

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image2_zps7eeb01f2

The museum will become a clocktower with amazing gears ;-P

The Sunken Temple will have new tiles but haven't started working on them yet.

The Space Station will obviously have all kinds of Star Wars references in it lol

There's also going to be an hidden blue ps3 somewhere, maybe in the secret 2nd quest dungeon...

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 22:01

It may be too hard overall I guess but maybe I should at least mention the super star wars snes game already had that intro in it... but really doubt it would be easy to port :-P

Better then start from scratch I guess...

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 7:54

*lol, that was telepathic mind Transfer Wink
I found the same Thing just now and wanted to post it, but you were faster.

Yeah that's a Point to start and a code to steal ;)but as you guessed, porting it might hold some difficulties.

Your plan is to skip the complete sequence where the story is told after the title screen and have it replaced by the mode7-text?

Edit: just looked into it... I must say I have absolutely no experience how mode7 works. As you see in below pic it uses a different way to display maps and tiles. Though I am already trying to tinker, maybe it still were a good choice to ask wiiq

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 19 Image315
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next