Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 21 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Erockbrox Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 4:16

just use all free music so that you avoid copyrights and i like the idea of having the music all set to specific stages in the game and not letting the play just choose.

Each player should experience the music in the game the same way. At least that's how I think a game should be done.

nice music btw
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 21 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 21 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 12:45

Thanks for those small sounds ideas Conn, hadn't thought about adding those!

There's going to have some free music but also I might attempt at requesting some sound artists to create original music for the hack... that sounds like something we'd heard in a Conker game that is!

Speaking of which, I'm also looking for a narrator!

Somebody that speaks better english then me preferably!

For you know... just some more testing that turns out might stay in the final game Wink

Yes, I know. I'm kinda loving this msu1 patch too much!

Best thing about this song is that is was made by by artist that died 300 years ago and it was used in thousands of places already, so I'm still still taking my chances including it in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J9b2OvNNKs

Anyway, enough paranoia...

...anyone here wants to give it a try and read the intro monologue in a better tone? You'd be credited and forever remembered for future generations lol

Thanks!!

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 21 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 19:51

I like your voice, and the French Accent gives a kick. I def. not have a good voice, also with a storng german accent (was also asked for bszelda voice acting) but rejected.

As for using the Crystal theme on overworld, it won't work (it's dungeon theme) but maybe it can be used in some other Areas/Caves.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 12:53

Oh wow, If there were an audition, you'd be hired right away! I'll check them all out and see if I can adjust them to fit in the intro Smile

Here's the script for a better reading:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 21 Image21_zps23b40496

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 13:06

lol didn't knew all the sounds had different voices in them lol

Amazing voices lol, one of them sounds almost like Apu (pu12) and another one (pu14) sounds like one of those barn boys from Conker's Bad Fur Day itself... for that reason alone, pu14 is my favorite one!

So keep that tone of voice and it's going to be perfect!

Jump to 1:22 in that video:

You sound exactly like that pitchfork lol

Also the ''%&@$'' (fucking) disastrous circumstences

^^has to be read and I'll add a censor sound over it, just like it happens in Conker Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgWp1Mf504

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 13:34

Your Progress and ideas sound promising :)Please mind that the reading also must match how the sentences appear in mode 7.

When having the voice record, could you Play the star wars theme in the Background of the narration?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWPGFibwneI
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 13:47

Here's your submission 14 Erock:

Only suggestion would be to read a little faster sometimes since the text doesn't follow right, still here's the best I could do on short notice Smile

I though of the Star Wars theme, but won't bundle it to avoid copyright issues and all the ensuring drama (already got 2 complaints for uploading the star wars vid with theme and the hack isn't even released) so I removed it from youtube.

Doing it in the same intro style as Conker in that case:

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 15:08

Yeah, that voice track number 14 was my favorite too!

I think its an excellent match very well in the game!!!

I'll stick with that voice style and do some more takes.

Also I have some small popping with my microphone maybe a pop filter will take that away so I might try that.

And I'll try and read faster, but if I read too fast it will sound rushed. So the text might have to be slowed down a little. We will figure it out in the end though.

Also am I saying the Episode 10 c 7 thing right? Just let me know if I'm not saying something right.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 16:34

Aside the mic popping issue, there's not much problems I see. XCVII is 97 in roman numbers but the way you read it adds a touch of comedy to it all, so it's also good Smile

Maybe there's no need to talk faster and Conn could slow it down, no idea how it's done though.

In all, I can't wait to hear the final cut!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 21:19

Also I was actually planning on getting a more professional microphone.

The AKG 220

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKG-Perception-220-Condenser-Cable-Professional-Microphone-/261431009965?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Microphones&hash=item3cde80a2ad

It's like $150 microphone new and this was actually for a completely different purpose.

So I might actually get this microphone and then do the voice over that way the quality will be superb.

Currently I'm using a usb microphone that i got at a garage sale. lol
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 21:43

Maybe there's no need to talk faster and Conn could slow it down, no idea how it's done though.
You can tinker with
27/01d7: 38
Make it smaller slows it down e.g., 10 is very slow, maybe 30 fits. (making the value greater will fasten the Speed (e.g., 80 is wuite fast)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 1:10

Thanks Conn! This will surely help!

And Erock, I might also require your voice over skills for the endings as Conn managed to get different music for all the endings! Meaning the intro and all the endings could have voice overs Smile

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 23:46

Some more msu-1 testing Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 23:52

Yeah, this voice over stuff comes pretty natural to me so just let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do.

I am unhappy though with the popping of the mic in that voice over though.

I'll try and see if I can't resolve the popping sounds. I might even try my computer mic.

Looks like I might be making a contribution to your hack after all!

[edit]

also if you make your hack and only have the custom high quality music in it then it might discourage cart making because then nobody would want to play it with out the music.

there are some special flash carts with that chip in it that would allow for the custom music though, but they are expensive.

so i say just have one version of your game and make it only playable with the custom music so that cart making would be not desirable. what do you think?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 2:48

okay seph go ahead and send me your email because i made like 25 different takes using another microphone that doesnt pop.

and i dont want to upload them and just mass email them to you.

my email is erockbrox@yahoo.com
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 3:42

Here is one that came out good.

i think the audio is of a superior quality too and none the less it was done with a stock laptop microphone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33wp2isv1290e7q/pu%20new%20mic%2022.wma

but i have a bunch of other takes too. so thats why i need to send them all to you
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 6:47

Nice take, Erock Smile

Really funny is that you read Episode 10 C 7... but it is 97. What about making it read "Episode 10 C 7... err... gosh... 97"

so i say just have one version of your game and make it only playable with the custom music so that cart making would be not desirable. what do you think?
Hm, I do not concur... this would make the game only be playable in bsnes, which isn't the Emulator of my choice. Also it requires 100 MB wavs to download along the Rom. Furthermore, I extra coded the Rom this way that you can hear normal spc if msu isn't detected...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 12:54

Erockbrox wrote:okay seph go ahead and send me your email because i made like 25 different takes using another microphone that doesnt pop.

tac_seph@hotmail.com

Much better take then the other one, keep it up!

I'll of course add a beep sound over of that ''F'' word too for more authenticity!

Regarding the five different endings, I'll send you all the slides during the next weekend. Maybe you could try different voices for all of them, that'll be up to you once you read them all Smile

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 19:50

Is there still an Option to wish some tracks?

My most favorite theme on snes always was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_MpNc3noA

And my most favorite series on Television are
Game of thrones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vqcbJwgCI

X-1999 (Sadame) I really really love this theme, so if you include any of the themes, this is my most beloved one - so if you wanna fullfil a heartwish of mine, include this one Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOOdoDzTJ4
at 0:50 it becomes great :p could be used for an ending (e.g., apple of eden: the theme starts at 0:38 and with the 2nd slide the best part of this theme at 0:50 starts playing).

sad piano Version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzZ98dFJYbM
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 22:53

Well as I've said, the list is never final until the hack is going to be near finished...

...So I don't mind adding some of your requests Smile

I'll check them all out!

When people aren't complaining about the songs in my videos having copyright songs, I actually get complaints from youtube themselves!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 21 Image2_zpse635b220

Translation: Don't upload the original Star Wars songs on youtube.. ever! PERIOD.

And even worse, the video is set to private...wtf.

Seems like the Star Wars creators are really afraid to lose money lol

About Game of Thrones... check this out!

http://www.doctoroctoroc.com/game-of-thrones-rpg-2.php

^^has a soundtrack for it in 16-bit style, but I'll probably ask him first directly on his youtube account before using them!

That guy actually even made 16bit sountracks for other things such as Lost, Doctor Who and many others!

http://www.doctoroctoroc.com/

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 2 Apr 2014 - 3:14

It amazes me star wars producers don't want people to copy their works... when they clearly took their inspiration from others! Some exemples, to name a few...

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-versus-gustav-holst.50010835/

Can we call this hypocrisy at it's purest form? Razz

More here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_opening_crawl#Origin

Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_sources_and_analogues

And even here:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19848_7-famous-musicians-who-stole-some-their-biggest-hits_p2.html

Maybe I could mix the Flash gordon main theme along Kings Row to make our introduction lol

^^Try to call off your layers now, Disney!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Apr 2014 - 6:34

Gosh... this is just... @€!!!@ to use Conker's words :p

Ah well, I think you make the very best out of it... wonderful from GoT OST is also this theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22yTf0kD6-g
starting from 1:35

But only important theme for me would be x1999-sadame after 0:50 anyway :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOOdoDzTJ4
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Apr 2014 - 3:18

Any place you want to hear yor X Sadame theme? Razz

During a boss battle/credits/staff rolling or the last ending screen?

Any other place is fine too, as long as I know where Wink

I might look for a chiptune artist to create some tracks for the hack... game of thrones tunes would be good yes! Haven't watched the season premiere btw, was it any good?!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Apr 2014 - 6:08

I think those themes are best for non-repeating places (introduction, end, credits, final Screen). I'd guess that have apple of eden (end1) fits best for sadame. If you could cut the first 38 seconds away, so that the best part of this theme would start with slide 2 of the apple (0:50 of the theme) might fit best Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next