Major Bug?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Major Bug? - Page 5 Empty Re: Major Bug?

Post by Conn Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 7:29

Is this gamebreaking with kholdstare? I just tried, and it didn't happen to me.
Conn
Conn

Major Bug? - Page 5 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 7:45

Here you go, Vaati fix.

The kholdstare bug happened to me in underverse... can't seem to reproduce in PW tower ruins.

something that's been bothering me for a while - should i do a quick asm to get rid of the sparkles around chuck? nvm those sparkles are shared with all other enemy sprites, so better not touch.
Attachments
Major Bug? - Page 5 Attachment
vaati_bounds_fix.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 11:15

got the kholdstare bug in underverse... however I wasn't able to trace what's going wrong. $0e20 gets rewritten from #$A2 (boss) to #$A4 (iceblock) for unknown reasons when throwing the goldstar onto the explosion - this doesn't happen with firerod.

I can only come up with a sophisticated solution, checking the room, the square, the value 0e22 for a4 and if yes stz all 0dd0-0ddf from 09 -> 00 so that the door opens. But this needs to be done framewise.

Sad
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 12:04

Euclid  could you make the bosses rush in underverse respawn after killing them? Except helmasaur/bowsrr because he spawns a chest. I swear I have applied the kill boss again tag patch to make them work in all rooms but it didn't work. The only boss that respawn was lanmolas. I'll also add an exit to the underverse because there is none.

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 18:55

Lord SePH wrote:Euclid  could you make the bosses rush in underverse respawn after killing them? Except helmasaur/bowsrr because he spawns a chest. I swear I have applied the kill boss again tag patch to make them work in all rooms but it didn't work. The only boss that respawn was lanmolas. I'll also add an exit to the underverse because there is none.
I thought it was intentional!

I might tackle this another way via srm - since them kill boss again codes don't work half the time and you don't have keyyed doors/chests etc.

On underverse entry via the batcave - clear exploration flags for underverse - this i can do because you have set room numbers - it does mean they won't reappear if you tardis key back to the entrance.

I'll see what i can do about kholdstare in the meantime. I have a feeling the sprites are misordered in the room.

I've always wondered about bowser - i can probably shut the chest everytime you're going to his room and respawn the boss if you want - don't think it crashes the game for him to respawn.

If we're pimping up that section you should re-think how you want to do ganon lost woods shortcut - want me to disable it once the batcave is opened? So players after endings 3/4/5 will need to underverse it.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 19:28

Underverse boss rush respawn.

It's kinda hard to replicate the kholdstare issue so I'll leave it up to the tardis key to clean up there... if it happens.

I'll leave all the patches here, apply one (if you apply multiple the last one applied will take effect)

1. underverse_boss_respawn.asm.txt - this one does just underverse boss respawn, nothing else

2. underverse_boss_respawn_with_lost_woods.asm.txt - this one turns the lost woods hole into underverse hole if the batcave is opened.
Attachments
underverse_boss_respawn.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
underverse_boss_respawn_with_lost_woods.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 19:45

if you need to reset bowser and the chest, under
STA $7EF197 ;203

Add
STA $7EF148
STA $7EF149 ; 164

and apply the patch (works on both)
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 20:16

Alright sounds good. Will probably apply the 2nd patch so that the hole swaps to underverse after opening batcave. Will make more sense with the endings 1/2 as well.

''Conker's early arrival in the sacred shrine''

Regarding Bowser, assuming you already opened the chest in another playthrough, it will respawn the chest already emptied and create the hole effect automatically after defeating him?

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 21:31

no it resets the room so you pick up tunic 3 again.

There's no side effect to picking it up again btw.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 5 Nov 2016 - 23:23

Alright just wanted to make sure before applying it.

Thanks!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 0:34

https://www.twitch.tv/patty/v/99281009

^^Patty started a playthrough of this on twitch. Starts at 1hour 30minutes. I think he got stuck with the shovel on simpsons. Seemed like a perma stuck.

Sad

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 1:58

roughly when does he get stuck?
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 7:19

I have no idea in time, I just arrived there in his stream after the fourth dungeon.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 7:52

5:23:00 something. Seems like he uses L/R item switch on digging, but I couldn't reproduce yet.

Edit: no, I can't. No idea how that guy triggered it Sad

In better news, I was able to fix kholdstare. I made a loop whenever #$A4 sprite (iceblock) is stored to $0e20,x (this only happens at this boss and also not that frequently that this cause slowdowns). If all sprite slots are #$A4 I simply set $0dd0,x to #$00, so that the door opens. I tested and works so far.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 12:27

Great will apply the kholdstare fix at home.

Will tweak some enemies health, damage and prizes packs during my weekend and then call it 1.1 finished. Any news on qwerty?

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 13:10

Qwerty wrote:Sorry, I got really sick on Thursday and I'm still recovering Sad So no, I haven't gotten to them yet.

That was yesterday. Can you pm him and tell that you like to finish soon and his stuff is the last thing missing?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 15:16

Ok thanks.

Nah! I feel we've push him enough already.

I'm patient, no rush! Wink

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 15:33

Ok... however, we should know 1 week in advance when you plan to release. I need no longer than 2 days to adjust the code (depends on real life issues). I will try to bug him next weekend again.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 21:55

Same twitch player as yesterday, softlock with the feather at 1 hour 19 minutes 30 seconds:

https://www.twitch.tv/patty/v/99537996

That feather glitching is starting to get real annoying! Crying or Very sad

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 4:55

Ah, that was the bug fix when gliding against spikes (that you can glide through, if you remember). I of course didn't test for gliding against spikes and rebouncing into a pit Very Happy

Nothing to worry about, here's the fix, also updated all-in and that stuff. This could also have been the problems with Andy in Skuj's room

Last edited by Conn on Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 5:23; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 5:22

2 fixes in a day - coming out of retirement!

On the thought of HP - I do realise the pocketstation is a little bit too tough on hard mode (when you first encounter it, nothing really stopping you from actually coming back after zoras), since i catered Armos knight HP to the retro land knights. It is possible to make an exception in that room to lower its hp on hard mode if that's what you're thinking.

PS: I still don't get the wiggler drink free joke... which definition on urbandictionary should it be? (I'm guessing #2)
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 9:53

@Conn: Thx. Hopefully this should be the last of it!

@Euclid: Wigglers are an enemy in Super Mario World. Nintendo once made a typo on their twitter account and it said wiggers instead, since then it has become a meme.

@Both:

^^Guess those ledge in the stairs don't fix this problem we once had. Is it possible to disable the diving completely if you are over a solid object? Or in this case over the stairs?

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 14:07

Yeah, I think you should follow my instructions given here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t219p75-patch-update

You must add 2 barriers, as I've told Very Happy

There's also a Thing when I tried on PU. While the hack now works (hopefully) perfectly in LoZ, there's no barrier in PU, though it is similar. It could be due to a different tile used for walls or floors. Dunno:

Major Bug? - Page 5 Image115

If you run in this bug in your hack, here's how I solved it: simply set two barriers on bg2; you can walk over them but not swim through them:

Major Bug? - Page 5 Image233

Last edited by Conn on Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 15:24; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 15:24

One guy reported a problem with the native bug fixes. I do not think this is a problem in your hack, but to be on the safe side...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 7 Nov 2016 - 15:29

Ok so apparently all the blockades I used are on BG1 instead of BG2.

BG2 in those rooms is set to translucent and collision to one, meaning you can walk over them, but will collide with them in the water which is why the blockades didn't worked properly.

Will do some more testing later in the day or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum