Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Post by MikeRL Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 13:04

OK thanks for the info. If there's anything I can do, let me know. I did notice some odd things in Ruto's Fortress, like pots you cannot lift or break, and an area that looks like a hole in the first room that you can walk over.

MikeRL
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-08-20

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Post by qwertymodo Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 13:15

Huh, interesting. Any chance you could post screenshots?
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeRL Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 14:01

Sure. I should have put this under the 1.23 thread, but regardless, there's a ton of odd things I noticed, particularly in Ruto's Fortress.

The first few show ground you can walk over that looks like a bottomless pit. The next show palette glitchiness (I did use the Ether Medallion), and then the unbreakable pots, and a laser eye statue that shoots in reverse. Finally, it shows a tree that gets on my nerves and I wonder why it is even placed in that location near the Icy World start.

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend21
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend32
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend27
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend28
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend23
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend26
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend31
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend33
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend22
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend25
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend24
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend30
Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Legend29

I also noticed a pallete bug in Saria's Gardens when playing through it and the Beamos changed to orange.

MikeRL
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 15:52

The first few show ground you can walk over that looks like a bottomless pit.
Euclid wanted it like this for some reason. Easy fixable otherwise. You see, some pits can be walked over (from the game's perspective of object placing this element is a "walkable pit"). Just needs to be replaced with the actual pit if you want to fall down normally.

and a laser eye statue that shoots in reverse
Also easy fixable. It is just a sprite: "eye laser right", and such sprites must always be on the left walls to make sence, this one is on the right wall.

and then the unbreakable pots
This is the result of too much complex objects in one room (pots, poundable pegs, liftable big rocks). Fixable only if the number of them is reduced.

shadow gfx glitches
This is indeed an ASM problem, which was not debugged yet. For some reason sometimes gfx bugs out indoors and the speite shadows get the false gfx: ie yellow arrows instead of shadows (and also other gfx problems, like when you lift a pot etc). Many ALTTP hacks do this sometimes for (yet) no known reason specially on ZSNES.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeRL Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:05

I was using SNES9x EX + on Android. Odd. I think most of the dungeon's are alright, but Ruto and Saria need some work. They are honestly painful to play. Darunia's Caverns, Nabooru's Hole, and Sheik's Hideout were awesome. The other two are passable. I cannot stand Saria's Gardens or the bugginess of the ice dungeon. The ice dungeon just feels lacking.

MikeRL
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:28

Darunia's Caverns, Nabooru's Hole, and Sheik's Hideout were awesome
Nice, however a lot of players actually disagree with Nabooru's Hole being "awesome".

but Ruto and Saria need some work
I cannot stand Saria's Gardens or the bugginess of the ice dungeon. The ice dungeon just feels lacking.
The most hated in general is Impa's ways based on majority of reviews.

All indoors feel lacking, if you ask me. Unfortunately this will not change. Qwerty's idea with v1.3 was a "simple" ASM bug fixing/editing, far from the scope of actual indoor game design/remodel. The rom itself is also incompatible with Hyrule Magic, so you can not simply open the game in the program and edit the dungeons out as you can in the "regular" ALTTP roms/hacks.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:40

If you don't like the dungeons, try Puzzledude's Remodel. I won't be changing dungeon layouts.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 18:49

qwertymodo wrote:If you don't like the dungeons, try Puzzledude's Remodel. I won't be changing dungeon layouts.
Lol, a lot of players actually dislike the dungeons of the remodel more, than what the original PW has to offer. But do note: I was a beginner at the time regarding hex-only dungeon editing. The goal of the remake was to make easier dungeons, not more quality ones.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by darknior Tue 7 Nov 2017 - 18:34

Exciting to see some one continue to improve this hack.
Thanks

darknior
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Since : 2017-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 18:20

so, i've been playing quite a lot of parallel worlds recently, and today i discovered something unexpected.

i took a stab at the second quest, and took the fast 1 tower climb route by going over the pit in the first floor. after i had killed ganon and went into the door to triforce room, it didnt take me to the bonus dungeon, but instead to triforce and credits.

my guess why this happened is that because i never left icy world and entered ganon from fake light world it for some reason triggered credits when going into triforce room after the fight.

fsg
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 23:13

I'm not sure what bonus dungeon you're talking about. There is no bonus dungeon. The only difference in the second quest is that Farore's Isle does not exist, which means you can't get the hookshot, so you can't complete all of the icy world dungeons, rendering Ganon much harder. The triforce room after Ganon is still the same old credits as always.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 3:20

qwertymodo wrote:I'm not sure what bonus dungeon you're talking about.  There is no bonus dungeon.  The only difference in the second quest is that Farore's Isle does not exist, which means you can't get the hookshot, so you can't complete all of the icy world dungeons, rendering Ganon much harder.  The triforce room after Ganon is still the same old credits as always.
ok. but where is this guy going after defeating ganon at about 7:25 in this video?

i always assumed that entering the triforce room in the second quest would bring you to the room right above the ganon room , where the final boss is trinexx, hence thats why you are given the rods in the farores secret cave. this is also the information given in the parallel worlds walkthrough by nephalim and tompa

the above video is from an older version of the game though, maybe this has been removed?

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 3:42

Hmm... maybe I'm wrong about that, it's been a looooong time since I've touched the second quest. Also, like he says in the video, that should have been a much longer fight, I'm not sure exactly what happened there. Maybe Euclid or SePH can clarify.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 5:32

Yes, the fact that he only used 21 silvers was very strange indeed. I will see what happens if i defeat ganon in 2nd quest with properly loaded light world (mirror, flute, draegor etc) when i get home today

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 6:59

I'm not sure what bonus dungeon you're talking about. There is no bonus dungeon. The only difference in the second quest is that Farore's Isle does not exist
No. Actually Fsg is right. In the second quest after you defeat Ganon, you are first taken to additional 2 rooms before fighting Trinexx to come to Shrine.

However this is crystal based. You can get max of 2 crystals in 2nd quest which brings Ganon to 89 hits in the final round (more crystals is less hits, that's why the number is lower in the first quest where you have 7 crystals).

But if you cheated and have 0 crystals, it is possible that the game doesn't know what to do and gives you 21 hits and a direct credits.

my guess why this happened is that because i never left icy world and entered ganon from fake light world
Well that explains it than. You need to enter Ganon from the regular light world. There is no "fake light world". If you didn't use the mirror in the ice world, the flag for ice world is On, no matter if you go to light world with some other stunt (presumable using indoors). You thus enter Ganon while the ice world flag is on (instead of light world), which is probably what's causing the issue.

There should never be a situation where you can exit to light world when the ice world flag (byte) is on. It has already been discovered how to make this possible. In the 6th floor of the Parallel Tower there is a path under the bridge that Euclid forgot to close, which allows you to cheat and come to other rooms and also exit to light world with ice world byte on (obviously this is a bug).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 7:25

regarding 2 vs 7 vs 0 crystals. i tried killing ganon with zero crystals in the first quest, and that gave me a 70-75 silver fight (was at 80 from start, ended with 5). and honestly to me it seems to me like going to ganon with zero crystals is an intended possible strat. furthermore, upon killing ganon with only mastersword swordspins, he does not seem affected by the number of collected crystals (crystal sets silver arrow dmg vs ganon rather than his health?). however, i am not entirely certain about this as i havent tried swordspinning ganon with 7 crystals, but am rather basing this conclusion on the fact that he takes less swordspins than silvers with no crystals.
in the case of fighting ganon with only the fat fairy sword, it takes 11 + 32 = 43 spins for the silver phases, which is still far less than the intended number of silvers. about this last thing i am 100% certain as ive done it some 20 times by now.

and just to clarify, in the video above, the guy has collected the sheik crystal which gives him 21 silvers and access to trinexx dungeon. in the same video he recalls it taking "about 70 silvers" the last time he did it with zero crystals

this ganon fight is indeed a very confusing fight

for some reason i also seem unable to quote on my cellphone

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 7:41

upon killing ganon with only mastersword swordspins, he does not seem affected by the number of collected crystals
crystal sets silver arrow dmg vs ganon rather than his health?
Yes. Forget about the phases before hitting him with silver arrows. Those phases should always be the same, as the byte for Ganon health is FF (max). Then Euclid hacked this via ASM. Once in silver arrows-hitting phase, the crystals take effect.

But obviously Euclid did not hack the "special stunt" of killing Ganon with sword spins only (not many players even know this "trick"). So there should be no changes there from original ALTTP.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 7:51

yeah thats what i thought. but regarding the number of silvers vs number of crystals i think i will test silvering ganon with 0 1 and 2 crystals when i get home

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 7:57

fsg wrote:yeah thats what i thought. but regarding the number of silvers vs number of crystals i think i will test silvering ganon with 0 1 and 2 crystals when i get home
Nice. You should expect: 90 hits with silver arrows if 0, than 80 hits if 1, and 70 hits if 2 crystals.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 17:48

so, i went about and tried to reach trinexx dungeon again, this time with a properly loaded lightworld before going to ganon (no 1 tower climb cheating), but still got triforce instead of the bonus dungeon

had anybody actually completed the 2nd quest on the lastest version (1.23)? may there be an actual bug that makes the bonus dungeon unreachable in this version?

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 20:29

had anybody actually completed the 2nd quest on the lastest version (1.23)? may there be an actual bug that makes the bonus dungeon unreachable in this version?
There are no changes to the code for this since version 1.0. So it should take you to a bonus 2 rooms. Have you entered TotT as name? Should be working. As far as I remember I tested both quests on 1.23.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 20:42

fsg wrote:so, i went about and tried to reach trinexx dungeon again, this time with a properly loaded lightworld before going to ganon (no 1 tower climb cheating), but still got triforce instead of the bonus dungeon

Yes, it works.

I entered the name TotT, then cheated for Ocarina. Then walk vertically through wals cheat, to test this quickly.

I remember I tested both quests before releasing the 1.23.

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Aaa00010

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread - Page 2 Aaa00110
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 20:57

Bonus dungeon was NOT tested on 1.20, so definitely make sure you're using 1.23.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by fsg Fri 23 Feb 2018 - 1:46

Puzzledude wrote:
There are no changes to the code for this since version 1.0. So it should take you to a bonus 2 rooms. Have you entered TotT as name? Should be working. As far as I remember I tested both quests on 1.23.

Puzzledude wrote:
Yes, it works.

I entered the name TotT, then cheated for Ocarina. Then walk vertically through wals cheat, to test this quickly.

I remember I tested both quests before releasing the 1.23.

this is all very strange. i absolutely entered the name as TotT, which is verified by the fact that farores isle was replaced by farores secret, granting me the rods.

fsg
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster Fri 23 Feb 2018 - 2:44

when PW is complete could anyone release the exclusive asm?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next