Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - Page 4 Empty Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

- Patch -

Patch (v6 - Heavy Damage Added) (by Conn & Cubear):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/k2ZgTQ6Z#hj6ALusPB8jKAYeFaDon0ydr5L5HGtnlGykkeTDfjTw

Old Patch (v5 - Fixed Bonus Game & Intro) (by Conn):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ssf2_tnc_patch.zip

- PCM Packs -

Arcade CPS2 Q Sound PCM's (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/AyYGWAhA#IzB5CGvj7l_g9Vmr_VSvVL6K5ruz3M6NNyUv4emTQFc

3DO Arranged PCM's (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/RyIATRgK#uQN68329c3UHy0SDhycb0-7oAMFnN9rDIr0YY8e13B0

MS-DOS CD Arranged PCM's (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/oiZXgKDC#su3wk1IJ-qSZhx4PAYFdNDqosZAXWjF3vtl7L7T6a_s

HD Remix Arranged PCM's (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/VuACxTrY#ifn7yfflOF3xAO_H7T44GhKmTUIdophbGlqgiiQJiVo

Last edited by RedScorpion on Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers :: Comments

Conn

Post Sun 6 Dec 2020 - 3:35 by Conn

This is currently only supported by the turbo version (gizaha), but this patch would become a mess like you see in turbo: some pcm sets support it, some not. Also, once I would begin, people desire it for WW, MK1-3, ... ...
So I enjoy retirement here for now and leave this feature to turbo only Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 6 Dec 2020 - 6:19 by Relikk

SuperFeistyFox wrote:It would be cool if we had an optional add on patch that enables Heavy Damage music when a player is in danger of losing a match.

It'd be perfect, but probably much more complex than than the other games with heavy damage code as it only occurs from round 2 onward.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 6 Dec 2020 - 7:48 by SuperFeistyFox

I understand. Well, it was just a thought anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 6 Dec 2020 - 13:47 by Señor Ventura

The worst thing on SF2 turbo is the lack of random for combat characters.

All the combats comes allways at the same order.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sat 26 Dec 2020 - 14:26 by alex_tenjo

I have just notice something while playing on max difficulty. Once I have finished the game the credit song start to play normally (song number 64) but unfortunately, it does not loop (to be sure it is not a random issue, I have test it twice). Does anybody meet the same thing? (For reference I am playing using a SD2SNES).

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 26 Dec 2020 - 14:37 by Relikk

The original patch has that track set to not loop. You can edit the loop table in the ASM file inside the patch ZIP to fix it.

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - Page 4 VL5NJAL

Change the highlighted value to 03 and save the ASM file, then apply it to a fresh ROM using a program called xkas.

Or you can download any of my PCM packs for this game that has a patch included with them that fixes it, and the music behaves more like the arcade version by continuously playing between rounds.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sat 26 Dec 2020 - 16:50 by alex_tenjo

@Relikk Many thanks for your advice, I have edited the asm, and patched the ROM again. I was also able to test it and it works as intended.
In case of someone would like to do the same modification using and hex editor (because it could be more convenient in case of using multi patches, the 01 value you have to replace with a 03 is located in: 03FEE40).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 12:12 by Phantasm

Excuse my ignorance, but I am trying to make a version of the rom for each soundtrack. The word document says to patch the rom with the included patch, but then each soundtrack comes with its own patch. Are you suppose to patch the game twice, or only use one? If so which one, or if twice in which order? Thank you

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 12:16 by Relikk

Only my audio packs should come with another patch, and that's to compensate for the looping of tracks that don't occur in the original patch linked at the top, and for the music to continue between rounds like the arcade version.

So, if it's one of my audio packs with a patch included, apply it to a fresh ROM. Don't apply it over another.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 12:33 by Phantasm

Relikk wrote:Only my audio packs should come with another patch, and that's to compensate for the looping of tracks that don't occur in the original patch linked at the top, and for the music to continue between rounds like the arcade version.

So, if it's one of my audio packs with a patch included, apply it to a fresh ROM. Don't apply it over another.
They all have their own patches except for the HDRemix. So I will only use the original patch on that one, I suppose. Thanks for the information.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 12:38 by Relikk

Yeah the HD Remix pack isn't mine, the rest are. You can still use that patch with the HD Remix pack if you'd like, and vice versa the original patch with my audio packs. The PCM's aren't exclusive to either of them, rather that mine are optimised for the patch I included and more faithful to the arcade version.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Feb 2021 - 12:39 by Phantasm

Ah, ok... I gotchya. Thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 12:43 by Phantasm

I keep patching these roms but the default music is still playing. Not sure what the issue is, but I have tried no-intro USA and Rev1 USA for Super Street Fighter II. Must be a stupid issue I am missing if anyone has an idea?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 12:49 by Relikk

Make sure you have an MSU file in the folder along with your patched ROM and PCM files, also the MSU file and patched ROM should be named the same as the PCM prefixes. For example...

ssf2_msu1.sfc (ROM)
ssf2_msu1.msu (MSU file)
ssf2_msu1-*.pcm (PCM files with * denoting track numbers)

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 12:57 by Phantasm

Relikk wrote:Make sure you have an MSU file in the folder along with your patched ROM and PCM files, also the MSU file and patched ROM should be named the same as the PCM prefixes. For example...

ssf2_msu1.sfc (ROM)
ssf2_msu1.msu (MSU file)
ssf2_msu1-*.pcm (PCM files with * denoting track numbers)
Yes, everything seems correct and I do not understand what the problem is. Its fairly straight forward, you just patch the rom and put everything in the folder. I don't get it. The filenames are correct too.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:06 by Relikk

Can you post a screenshot from inside the folder when the card is connected to your OS for us to take a look at?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:19 by Phantasm

Relikk wrote:Can you post a screenshot from inside the folder when the card is connected to your OS for us to take a look at?
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - Page 4 Msu-110
Unless some of these files need to be removed, I don't get it. I am using Floating IPS to patch the rom, by the way.

Last edited by Phantasm on Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:22 by Relikk

Did you patch the ROM itself? If so then remove the IPS file from the folder. There might be a conflict there.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:28 by Phantasm

Relikk wrote:Did you patch the ROM itself? If so then remove the IPS file from the folder. There might be a conflict there.
Yes, I am patching myself with Floating IPS. I just tried removing the patch, which did not help. Then I tried removing the xml as well, and still no go.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:32 by Relikk

Are you using an emulator? If so, which one? SD2SNES?

You shouldn't need anything else in the folder other than the ROM, MSU file and PCM files.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:34 by Phantasm

Relikk wrote:Are you using an emulator? If so, which one? SD2SNES?

You shouldn't need anything else in the folder other than the ROM, MSU file and PCM files.
My friend tried them in SD2SNES, and I am trying with RetroArch Bsnes, Bsnes HD beta, and also SNES9x which are all playing the default music. Just tried removing everything except the rom, msu, and pcm files but still not working. Hmm.

Last edited by Phantasm on Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:36 by Relikk

Hmm, I just noticed music not playing for me as well. Give me a few minutes.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:43 by Conn

Try deleting the xml maybe, there were some issues with it if I remember correctly

edit: and the manifest.bml as well!

Last edited by Conn on Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:44; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 13:43 by Relikk

Apologies, please use this patch instead on a fresh ROM. I'll update the audio packs with the correct patch. Entirely my fault.

https://mega.nz/file/F7QRCaYC#uTznROKhE15TLgGRHyOfXjdAEEHf07AeJedFOB6jvok

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 14:01 by Phantasm

Conn wrote:Try deleting the xml maybe, there were some issues with it if I remember correctly

edit: and the manifest.bml as well!
Thanks, yeah I did try that. I don't think your patch is working either, which I am trying to use with the HDRemix version.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next