MSU1 Audio Player

Go down

MSU1 Audio Player Empty MSU1 Audio Player

Post by qwertymodo Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 12:53

Here's another tool I made awhile back that I totally forgot to post here. This is a plugin for foobar2k that enables playback of MSU1 .pcm audio files, including seamless looping. The only caveat is that files with the loop point set to 0 will not automatically loop, mainly due to short non-looping jingles. However, if your track DOES loop back to the very beginning, you can enable that with the built-in track loop option.

Foobar2000:
https://www.foobar2000.org/

PCM (MSU1) Plugin:
https://github.com/qwertymodo/foo_input_msu/releases

To use, just
- install foobar2000 and
- place the foo_input_msu.dll into the components (plugins) directory.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

MSU1 Audio Player Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

MSU1 Audio Player Empty Re: MSU1 Audio Player

Post by Rockslam Sun 15 Apr 2018 - 0:05

Very Thanks
Rockslam
Rockslam
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2018-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by matador Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 20:25

Thank you man.

matador
Newcomer

Since : 2019-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Alopex Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 8:32

All I get from this is corrupted noise, is it still even compatible with modern foobar?

Alopex
Rope
Rope

Since : 2022-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 10:46

It works just fine for me. Tested on my existing 1.6.4 installation, then updated to the latest 1.6.10 and there's no problems.
Relikk
Relikk

MSU1 Audio Player Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alopex Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 11:49

All I get on all files is static... I guess it might be conflicting with one of my other plugins?

Edit: Yep, did a clean install, it's fighting with one of my other plugins, got it working now.  MSU1 Audio Player 1f44d

Alopex
Rope
Rope

Since : 2022-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisu Kuremu Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 14:44

Hello, many thanks for this player and the plugin. Blue3 Though the plugin only seems to work with the 32bit version of the program.

Is it normal for the track to play endlessly? I downloaded a PCM pack for a game (Mega Man X1) and wanted to listen to the music to see what it sounded like. I added all the PCM of the pack into the foobar playlist, but it just plays the current PCM track over and over (even the tracks that are not meant to loop). Is this normal/ I don't see a setting to disable this.

Is there any way to save metadata (artist, album, ect...) to these PCM tracks? I tried it with foobar2000 and it doesn't save any of the changes. Surprised

Aisu Kuremu
Rope
Rope

Since : 2024-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 16:14

Yes, the tracks play until they are manually changed and it has always been that way. It's probably something that could be changed, but I'm not sure how interested qwerty is in doing that.

Adding metadata to these types of files is always a bad idea if you're going to use them with the game, as it can add noise to the track in certain emulators. You can rename the filenames to your liking, as long as you keep the same prefix for the ROM, MSU and PCM files, if you still want to use the files with the game.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisu Kuremu Sun 11 Feb 2024 - 3:48

Relikk wrote:Yes, the tracks play until they are manually changed and it has always been that way. It's probably something that could be changed, but I'm not sure how interested qwerty is in doing that.

Ah ok, I thought I may have enabled something by mistake to keep the current track playing. And I thought by adding files to the play list that it would automatically go to the next one. Thanks.  Smile

Relikk wrote:
Adding metadata to these types of files is always a bad idea if you're going to use them with the game, as it can add noise to the track in certain emulators. You can rename the filenames to your liking, as long as you keep the same prefix for the ROM, MSU and PCM files, if you still want to use the files with the game.

I see. If it can cause problems in game, then it's not worth doing. No big deal. I'll just keep a text file with the track list with the names in the same folder for easier reference. Thanks again. Very Happy

Aisu Kuremu
Rope
Rope

Since : 2024-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Readmit Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 6:44

I'm trying to get it to work with the latest stable version of foobar2000 v2.1.3 64Bit, but each song file gives an error. It does work with the older version mentioned on here, 1.6.4, but is there a way to get it working with the most recent version? Thank you.
Readmit
Readmit
Newcomer

Since : 2024-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 10:12

It'd most likely be up to qwerty to update it for v2. You could open an issue on the GitHub release.

https://github.com/qwertymodo/foo_input_msu/issues
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down