Zelda3 Cube release

Zeldix :: General :: News

Go down

Zelda3 Cube release Empty Zelda3 Cube release

Post by Puzzledude Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 17:39

Zelda3 Cube release Zelda311
Latest version: 1-0
Original ROM CRC-32: 777AAC2F

Inspired by the movie CUBE, this hack was made as one giant dungeon, which has 10x10 Hyrule Magic rooms. Thus the entire game is one big dungeon, which you need to solve in one sitting and no deaths. Can you do it? Can you find the exit?

This is a short hack, which will sometimes force you to think hard before you will be able to progress, but for the most part is still on par with the difficulty of the original game, with hints when special tricks are needed to progress.

Note: Because of the sheer size of this dungeon with 100 rooms and because of the possibility of extensive backtracking, the progression was intentionally made to be linear and thus survival/puzzle oriented, rather than exploration oriented.

Download IPS PATCH (Cube v1-0)
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5305

Download README on how to use the patch (Cube v1-0)
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5306

Alt download (since ACMLM uploader was apparently nuked):
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3852/

This game is compatible with:
All PC emulators for Windows, Linux, Mac; SNES emus for PSP, Wii, DS; flashcart, powerpack, sd2snes, repro carts, SNES clones, such as Game doctor; online SNES emulators etc; and even Zelda3 editors, such as Hyrule Magic, zcompress, YYchr etc.
--------------------------

Original ROM file info (to patch the IPS to):
Name: Legend of Zelda, The - A link to the past [U] [!]
Region: US
Header: No header
Size: 1.024 KB
Extension: SMC
File CRC-32: 777AAC2F
Rom  CRC-32: 777AAC2F
File MD5: 608C22B8FF930C62DC2DE54BCD6EBA72
Rom  MD5: 608C22B8FF930C62DC2DE54BCD6EBA72

Do Not patch to other ROMs or headered ROMs.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Zelda3 Cube release Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Zelda3 Cube release Empty Re: Zelda3 Cube release

Post by darknior Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 7:46

Thanks a lot for it Smile

darknior
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Since : 2017-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshC Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 1:09

Hey!!
I'm kinda new on the scene - thank you so much puzzledude
I just finished your puzzle quest and did goddess of wisdom right before - both wicked games
I'm playing cube and got stuck!
I'm on the block pushing puzzle where you have to get the switch down
I got that switch but can't figure out how to get a block in the narrow passage to get to the door
Is there a trick I am missing?
Thanks again for everything - I'll play anything you make bro!

JoshC
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 8:33

JoshC wrote:Hey!!
I'm kinda new on the scene - thank you so much puzzledude
I just finished your puzzle quest and did goddess of wisdom right before - both wicked games
I'm playing cube and got stuck!
I'm on the block pushing puzzle where you have to get the switch down
I got that switch but can't figure out how to get a block in the narrow passage to get to the door?
Long story short, you can't. Once the block is on switch, you can not get through. You need to clear the secondary path, which is getting to the door from the upper path where you cut one of the small fences and rescue the block out again. So basically you travel the block way up cut all the fences and travel it down again and push on the switch. You get to the door from the upper path, which now does not have a small fence anymore. Screenshot would be also nice, so that I know where exactly your are.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshC Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 10:23

HA!
The idea of cutting the upper fence and then moving it back never occurred to me
Thanks man!
The only other complete game I've found not by you guys is called, 'secrets of the past'
Do you know of any others?
Until then I have cube and iq test to play

JoshC
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:13

JoshC wrote:HA!
The idea of cutting the upper fence and then moving it back never occurred to me
Thanks man!
The only other complete game I've found not by you guys is called, 'secrets of the past'
Do you know of any others?
Until then I have cube and iq test to play
Pretty much what you see here:
https://www.zeldix.net/f15-complete-hacks

List:
Cube
Conker's high rule tail
Hylian Legacy
Goddess of Wisdom
Parallel Remodel
Parallel Worlds
IQ (original)
IQ (remodel)
IQ (revenge of the einstein)
Secrets of the past
Puzzledude's Quest
Bruce Campbel vs Ganon
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshC Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 13:24

Wonderful thanks so much!
I'll also keep my eye on each new hack you all make
Thanks again

JoshC
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Zelda3 Cube release Empty Zelda 3 Cube HELP - Seems to be a bug ?

Post by BrandoExtreme Mon 4 Feb 2019 - 23:53

Hey PuzzleDude, I Saw this romhack online and was super interested to play it especially since I have played a few of your other romhacks (parrallel worlds, Goddess of Wisdom and PuzzleDudes Quest) which were all great ! I seem to be stuck though because in one of the rooms all the blocks are blue and I think the right ones are supposed to be orange. I watched ChristosOwen play this game and noticed that his were correct so i'm wondering if maybe I just drew the lucky straw? Or if there's anything else you can think of to do to correct the problem?

Here's a pic to show my room.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/20/02/99/06/zelda_10.png

BrandoExtreme
Newcomer

Since : 2019-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 0:19

I'll upload the tested version of this hack on my Discord shortly, once I open the data-base section.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 17:39

Last edited by Puzzledude on Wed 6 Mar 2019 - 13:27; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 18:50

@puzzledude, Does your new hack work with the msu patch for link to the past? I am just wondering. Great Job by the way on it. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Zelda3 Cube release Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 6 Feb 2019 - 19:41

Yes, however the one which will be posted on Discord will not be. Unless I add the MSU-1 support myself.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by kpe Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 17:49

Will 32nd Anniversary (real) Orchestra Soundpack work? both not working I used both IpsAndSum and SNESPurify to fix chksum  ....but spits out SFC folder with manifest.xml / program.rom used Patch Checker to find if the two patches will play nice together ...patch on top is original MSU one on bottom is 32nd Anniversary
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2483/  Zelda3 Cube release 51758584_789224051439587_6322139757463732224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2

kpe
Newcomer

Since : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 10:43

I use Snes9x with MSU-1 support to run MSU. All the other programs, specially Higan are not my thing, since the process is much too complicated. Also note, that Cube was a small project and I did not bother with MSU on it. If this is the case, it is not wise to use external additional IPS patches on a game which was not meant to have it. It might have ASM in the area where the MSU code would come in.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 0:43

Both urls don't seem to work, I'm only brought to a blank screen when I click them.
Devan2002
Devan2002

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaSlacker Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 1:09

Puzzledude!!
Thank you for all your efforts to bring us more joy out of ALTTP...

That joy has the turned to sorrows with the cube hack lol
I am currently stuck on the room with 3 blocks with stars switches beside them. 2 of the blocks are in the water and 1 is not.

The problem is the 2 blocks in the water turn the floor to water when you push them. is the a glitch in the game patching? i tried to find the switch...

Please throw me a bone here. Love this hack BTW!!!
Thank you

ZeldaSlacker
Newcomer

Since : 2021-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 14:49

ZeldaSlacker wrote:Puzzledude!!
Thank you for all your efforts to bring us more joy out of ALTTP...

That joy has the turned to sorrows with the cube hack lol
I am currently stuck on the room with 3 blocks with stars switches beside them. 2 of the blocks are in the water and 1 is not.

The problem is the 2 blocks in the water turn the floor to water when you push them. is the a glitch in the game patching? i tried to find the switch...

Please throw me a bone here. Love this hack BTW!!!
Thank you
I'm assuming you are in this room.
If you are this is normal: 2 blocks are water blocks, which means they make a water trail which you undo with the regular block.

First undo all existing water with regular block. Then the goal is to bring water blocks 1 and 2 on the correct intersections (on the picture). You cut the third line with the regular block. The water blocks don't cut through, but wait on place of cut for Link to be on the other side. The blocks are then pushed back out once and once on the side. All three lines are cut now.

Finally you also bring the lower water block to section 4 to cut this line as well. You reach the indoors to push it back out using the regular block, which also can be rescued out in intersection 2. The water block on ontersection 2 is moved out of the way. Once water block 1 is on intersection 4, you move water block 2 in again, to bring the regular block to intersection 5. Water block 4 is moved back out again. Regular block is pushed back up to cut the final intersection. You made it to the door, which is the goal. The door is already opened.

Zelda3 Cube release Cube-310
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldaSlacker Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 21:28

Masterful explanation!!! I got stuck on the first cut. I didnt want to try to loop it all the way around the other blocks to bring it to the cut, which is just next to it. Now I understand.

I already had the 2nd cut and 3rd cut. The first will now let me complete the rest. Thank you for helping out. These games have brought back my childhood memories!!! thank you!!!

ZeldaSlacker
Newcomer

Since : 2021-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 22:16

I didnt want to try to loop it all the way around the other blocks to bring it to the cut, which is just next to it. Now I understand.
Well that's the whole point of it and was done deliberately. It is not possible to bring it directly up due to one water unit preventing you from doing that. Nor is it possible to bring the water block through the shortcuts. You need to loop it "a long way around" and irronically re-use it and bring it from cut-1 to cut-4, this time only straight left. You need to also "loop" the regular block through cut-3 and out at cut-2 to be able to then undo the water (bringing the water block from cut-1 to cut-4). Then the regular block can go through cut-3 the second time, only this time not touching the upper wall, so that it can make it to cut-5. Once cut-4 is free, the regular block can cut the final cut-6, so that Link can make it to the door.

Also note, that these kind of puzzles are actually not for everyone due to their length and complexity. This room was actually taken from the IQ hack and reused in the Cube hack. I think there are some more such rooms like this one, but like 3 or 4 in total.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 22:29

Devan2002 wrote:Both urls don't seem to work, I'm only brought to a blank screen when I click them.
Alt download (since ACMLM uploader was apparently nuked):
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3852/
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 22:31

When you said Cube Release, I almost thought that this was somehow a Game Cube release LOL.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Zelda3 Cube release Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 11 Oct 2021 - 12:13

Erockbrox wrote:When you said Cube Release, I almost thought that this was somehow a Game Cube release LOL.
No, actually it was inspired by Cube, the movie. Where they had to escape from the Cube structure/building with traps.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down