Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved)

Go down

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Empty Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved)

Post by ErivandoBR Mon 28 May 2018 - 16:38

I'm a beginner (not native English) and I want to make my own msu-1 video samples (like Kate Beckinsale's https://www.zeldix.net/t1697-kate-beckinsale-msu1).

I found a tutorial that comes with "Link to The past", I followed all the steps but I had the following problem. The image is buggy.

I followed these steps:

1. Download and install ImageMagick-7.0.7-35-Q16-x64-dll

2. Get an  avi and paste it into the ImageMagic folder

3. Create two new subfolders in the ImageMagic folder:
- img_seq
- img_seq_c_red
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Sjcunfk

4. Download msuconv from ikari_01 http://sd2snes.de/files/msu1conv.exe and paste this msuconv.exe into the new “img_seq_c_red” subfolder

5. Start the Dosprompt, go into your ImageMagic folder and convert the avi in single images using ffmpeg (part of ImageMagick) - just rename the red letters in the command with your avi name and copy and paste the complete followoing command with a return press afterwards into the dosprompt (right mouseclick)
ffmpeg -i "JCD-Vandread-Overdrive_Remastered[XVID].avi" -s 224x144 -f image2 -vcodec targa "img_seq\%08d.tga"
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) YeWjOkT
After command
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) I1Ktplf
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Ps6ODoh

6. Convert the single images to 256 colors (just copy and paste each set command on its own with a return press afterwards into the dosprompt (right mouseclick) and then the complete “for loop” (replace the red letters with your imagemagic folder location, but leave the convert):
set sourcepath=img_seq\

set destpath=img_seq_c_red\

set filemask=*.tga

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) YYgbWQr

for %f in ("%sourcepath%%filemask%") do ("D:\Programme\Videobearbeitung\ImageMagick-6.8.7-Q8\convert" "%sourcepath%%~nxf" -dither FloydSteinberg -type Palette "%destpath%%~nxf")

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) 2RGL3TT
After command
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) JZDjsjm

7. Convert the video: Just run msuconv.exe in the img_seq_c sub folder of the converted images. You will get a out.msu which must be renamed to your rom name (e.g., alttp_msu.msu)
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) XxU7O6v

8. Open this msu with an hex editor (HxD) and write bytes 02-04 to 02 02 01 (sets the framerate to 30 fps).
Before edit:
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Y2PMEMP

After edit:
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) US5t1DZ

After all these steps, when I run, it does not work ...

Where am I going wrong?

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) BVHnwmC

The video I used was this (random, I found it on the internet)
I tried with others and made the same mistake.
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) 0Gyv7j6

Last edited by ErivandoBR on Tue 29 May 2018 - 7:23; edited 1 time in total

ErivandoBR
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-07-31

Back to top Go down

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Empty Re: Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved)

Post by Conn Mon 28 May 2018 - 16:48

I remember I had problems with conversion with a later version of Image Magick.
Try using v6-8 as it is said in my tutorial.
https://www.imagemagick.org/download/windows/releases/

Other than that no idea. If it still doesn't work I need to try myself...
Conn
Conn

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Empty Solution

Post by ErivandoBR Tue 29 May 2018 - 7:18

Conn wrote:I remember I had problems with conversion with a later version of Image Magick.
Try using v6-8 as it is said in my tutorial.
https://www.imagemagick.org/download/windows/releases/

Other than that no idea. If it still doesn't work I need to try myself...

It worked as you said! Very Happy

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) UlAPVc1

I used an older version ImageMagick-6.8.0-0-Q16-windows.zip

Thank you Conn!

ErivandoBR
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) Empty Re: Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved)

Post by Conn Tue 29 May 2018 - 9:50

Great that you got it work Very Happy I know my tutorial is a bit clumsy and the procedure is sophisticated.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ErivandoBR Tue 29 May 2018 - 10:52

Just one more question...

When converting .wav to .pcm using wav2msu, do I need to enter some parameter or just drag the file over to wav2msu.exe?

I made 4 videos for tests, 2 were synchronized. But in the other 2 the audio ends just before the video.

I "extracted" the audio using the FormatFactory Laughing converter (AVI to WAV), then I used Audacity just to export with the default options (WAV to WAV), after that I used wav2msu.exe without parameters).

ErivandoBR
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 29 May 2018 - 11:02

When it comes to pcm, I have to forward this question to an expert, I never did even one myself. As far I know you only need parameters in case they shall loop.

In ALTTP, AST and BSZelda, where the pcm need to be synchronized to the video, all works well. Did you set the framerate in the 2 "non-syc" videos?

8. Open this msu with an hex editor (HxD) and write bytes 02-04 to 02 02 01 (sets the framerate to 30 fps).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ErivandoBR Wed 30 May 2018 - 9:20

Conn wrote:Did you set the framerate in the 2 "non-syc" videos?
Yes, I did before testing the emulator.

Another thing, testing on the SD2SNES, 3 of the 4 gave random crash after a few seconds of display (30s ~ 60s). And all 4 videos are non-sync.

One of them worked well in loop, but non-sync.

The SD card is the same as I use for other videos and games that always work.

After the crash it returns to the menu and the list of recent games are with "?".
Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) PEqwdnd

Another detail that I remembered now is that I am using the gsu v10 firmware from redguy. Maybe something will change with the official. I'll test soon.

I believe the way I extracted .wav is one of the problems, but I still do not know the best way to do this extraction with sync.

ErivandoBR
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by DatSwissGuy Wed 30 May 2018 - 11:20

As i mentioned in the classic gaming discord, i'll join you in your quest to create a Video Smile

Is the Brasilian PAL-M standard 50 Hz or 60 Hz? Edit: It's 60 Hz
Let's say your video is 5 seconds long and runs at 60 Hz (or frames for that matter) then it's 300 frames in total, in order to sync it to audio, your audio has also to be "300 frames" long.

For example: The ALLTP Intro video is out of sync if i run it at 50 Hz but totally in sync when running at 60 Hz.

Do you know what i'm getting at? Both files have to line up perfectly to "create" sync.
If that's the case then maybe the sample rate of the audio might be the cause of the issue.

DatSwissGuy
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-04-26

https://www.fruken.de

Back to top Go down

Post by ErivandoBR Wed 30 May 2018 - 14:44

DatSwissGuy wrote:As i mentioned in the classic gaming discord, i'll join you in your quest to create a Video Smile

Is the Brasilian PAL-M standard 50 Hz or 60 Hz? Edit: It's 60 Hz
Let's say your video is 5 seconds long and runs at 60 Hz (or frames for that matter) then it's 300 frames in total, in order to sync it to audio, your audio has also to be "300 frames" long.

For example: The ALLTP Intro video is out of sync if i run it at 50 Hz but totally in sync when running at 60 Hz.

Do you know what i'm getting at? Both files have to line up perfectly to "create" sync.
If that's the case then maybe the sample rate of the audio might be the cause of the issue.

I have 2 Snes, but the two are 60hz (PAL-M and NTSC).

It seems that the Ikari-01 Player region is PAL, is there any NTSC?

Trying make a simple MSU-1 Video Sample (Solved) QNb1BRq

ErivandoBR
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by DatSwissGuy Wed 30 May 2018 - 14:53

You can change that with a hex edit. I haven't it memorized, sorry. I'm damn sure you'll find it within minutes or seconds when you google the hex value for NTSC Smile

Edit1:
To be more precise it's the region which defines it (NTSC or PAL).

Edit2:
Address FFD9 should have the value 09 in your PAL (German) rom. You need to change it to 00. Very Happy

DatSwissGuy
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-04-26

https://www.fruken.de

Back to top Go down

Post by ErivandoBR Wed 30 May 2018 - 16:27

DatSwissGuy wrote:
Address FFD9 should have the value 09 in your PAL (German) rom. You need to change it to 00. Very Happy

This solved the problem (00 in FFD9), now all are sync in the emulator! Very Happy

Hope it solves in SD2SNES too. I'm at work, I'll try it later at home.

ErivandoBR
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down