Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius / Chatting Parodius Live

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius / Chatting Parodius Live Empty Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius / Chatting Parodius Live

-  Patch  -

Jap/Eng Patches v1.6 (with SPC fallback support) (by PeV) **Updated 2023-Mar-17**
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10uuqj-FlQs9h78Ezcfq7t-xv4T38e0ct

Note: "jopj" patch is the standard Japanese MSU1 ROM. "jope" patch includes MSU1 and the "Chatting Parodius Live!" English translation by advancedpillow (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6858/)

-  PCM Pack  -

PlayStation/Saturn Arranged (by Relikk):
* remapped/renamed tracks for version 1.5 and beyond
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/Z6h22CQR#xF75wbQEvx5PWXz8XcqUftKo5q5Ua3yDsnc2BT-JReI

-  Track Map  -

* please review as the track mapping has significantly changed for v1.5 patched rom
Code:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AgP3JzxSpofUgjo8d7pf7ZwADoHX?e=ntNzBS

* Reapply on fresh ROM and delete the SRM file too. Otherwise, it may not work right. Happy Gaming!

Last edited by pev on Fri 17 Mar 2023 - 19:05; edited 32 times in total
pev

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius / Chatting Parodius Live Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius / Chatting Parodius Live :: Comments

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 15:44 by pev

@ToAll I went ahead and released the game, as is. If JUD6MENT or anyone else finds any new bugs, just post them here. I locked the other Parodius topic (considered closed as far as patch and PCM developments are concerned). Happy Gaming!

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 15:59 by Polargames

Cover art for the game. I have it posted also in the msu art section and it is in my drive as well. I also have a old school pin up one as well in my drive. Again all rights go to there respected parties. I just found this on google :-) my bad, I forgot that I had sent you the link. To find my cover art click on the word link. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 16:48 by pev

@Polar Lol, I already posted your cover link. No need to make it known everywhere. I keep my word and post your covers (and everyone else's) as soon as my stuff goes up. Sometimes you amuse me with your trigger happy cover posting.
Wink

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 17:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 17:08 by pev

@ToAll I found another bug when the game restarts after the game ending credits roll. It has to do with the fade routine. The game most likely calls the fade routine trigger going back to stage 1 (music fades out at the start of stage). I’ll have to see how to set a security flag to prevent this after beating the game.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 18:46 by pev

@Relikk Noticed that my hard mute removed some FX for the end cutscene. Where the bomb kid gets rescued. The fuse and final explosion are missing. Might have to mix them in.

I have not checked the game intro yet to see what else is missing.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 19:04 by Relikk

I'm out of action now until Wednesday. It'll have to wait until then, if that's OK?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 19:07 by pev

@Relikk It’s no rush. It’s purely cosmetic stuff to me. Do as you wish at your leisure. Wink

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 19:54 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:@Polar Lol, I already posted your cover link. No need to make it known everywhere. I keep my word and post your covers (and everyone else's) as soon as my stuff goes up. Sometimes you amuse me with your trigger happy cover posting.
Wink

lol, Yeah, I am sorry on that, I am just very greatful for all of the work you and everyone else has done with all of the games, That is my way of saying thank you. But you are right I am trying to break the habbit. O I knew you would keep your word, that was never an issue, You,Conn, and everyone else here on the site have been awesome on that, So your good. lol at least I can make you laugh. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 11:50 by pev

@ToAll Fixed the bug (Stage1 Fade Out after staff credit roll ending). Make sure you apply the fix on a fresh rom and delete the SRM file! You will not be able to use old save states (may reintroduce version 1.0 code).

The reason the fade out occurred is because the transition from game ending to the stage 1 repeat was too fast. The fade out routine did not get enough time to finish the countdown. This, in turn, bled over to Stage 1 (resumed the fade sequence until it could clear), leaving us with low or no volume at all.

To counteract this, I just set a security flag to just do a quick mute (STZ $2007) instead of the fade sequence. This is just a quick fix (as oppose to making another fade routine that ends sooner to beat the ending to stage1 transition). The later, will require additional coding (not in the mood, so went with the quick fix instead). Again, purely cosmetic.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 13:46 by iDaw

Hi,
On SD2SNES music don't work, the game run only with the sound
but all work fine on bsnes.
I play with SD2SNES + Super NT
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 13:48 by Relikk

iDaw wrote:Hi,
Thanks

Parodius is an SA-1 special chip game and MSU1 code hasn't been added to the SA-1 beta, yet. Redguy speculated that it might not fit, but it's up to him to add it if it does. It's a waiting game now.

So, there's no problem with the hack, it's just not supported at the moment. Hopefully it will be in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 14:19 by iDaw

Relikk wrote:
iDaw wrote:Hi,
Thanks

Parodius is an SA-1 special chip game and MSU1 code hasn't been added to the SA-1 beta, yet. Redguy speculated that it might not fit, but it's up to him to add it if it does. It's a waiting game now.

So, there's no problem with the hack, it's just not supported at the moment. Hopefully it will be in the near future.

ok, i m waiting for the update ...
Thanks for your answer Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 14:43 by pev

@ToAll Here is a Reddit post link regarding sd2snes SA-1 and MSU-1 fiasco.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 19:45 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:@ToAll Here is a Reddit post link regarding sd2snes SA-1 and MSU-1 fiasco.

Would this also apply to Kirby dream land 3 also? Just woundering?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 7 Aug 2018 - 21:20 by pev

@Polar If Kirby3 is hard mute (don’t remember), then yes, all you will get is sound FX but no music.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 1:33 by Conn

Kirby has spc fallback... means it will have spc music then?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 1:36 by pev

@Conn Yes, if spc fallback is present in your code, then the sd2snes SA1 version will not detect MSU1 and fallback to spc (as you planned). So you are good to go with Kirby in that respect.

Me, on the other hand, had to use apu hard mute method for Parodius (could not find a good traditional mute for this game).

Hopefully, RedGuy can squeeze SA1 and MSU1 together. He has stated the both together are pretty big and currently, in their state, cannot fit into a single core (like in FX/MSU1 core). I hope he will work his magic soon.

Last edited by pepillopev on Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 13:05; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 2:50 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:@Conn Yes, if spc fallback is present in your code, then the sd2snes SA1 version will not detect MSU1 and fallback to spc (as you planned). So you are good to go with Kirby in that respect.

Me, on the other hand, had to use apu hard mute method for Parodius (could not find a good traditional mute for this game).

Hopefully, RedGuy can squeeze SA1 and MSU1 together. He has stated the both together are pretty big and currently, in their state, cannot fit into a single core (like in FX/MSU1 core). I hope he will work his magic soon.

Ok thats cool, I did not know. Now as you said the cores are huge, Could that mean a new reworked hardware version of sd2snes might have to be made to fit both of them? I had also copyed your warrning message to kirby, but I did change it to you will only get SPC fallback and not MSU-1 Audio. I hope that is ok with you. Was just trying to help.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 3:04 by pev

@Polar Perhaps. Is it worth it? Who knows but I am not willing to give up on RedGuy just yet. He has surprised us on numerous occasions. Most likely, smokemonster will probably the first to get the latest sd2snes updates (so I would suggest you follow him to get the latest news regarding sd2snes development).

I am primarily an emulation person. I really do not care too much for hardware nor the nonsense debates regarding latency, accuracy, blah blah blah crap. I just want to play the games.

Humans were made to adapt and not always expect the same experience. So if there is latency, we adapt to get to the game ending. But that is just my opinion, you or anyone else is welcomed to disagree. It is a democracy after all. Wink

The only reason I support sd2snes is because of Conn's insistence that we try to appease everyone. I have great respect for him so I do my best to follow in his footsteps. Otherwise, I would not, I would be happy that my patches run fine with bSnes and Snes9x.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 3:54 by Relikk

With regard to hardware revisions, ikari is on record saying that a revision with a larger FPGA is very unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 7:22 by Conn

One (stupid) question, do non-sa1 msu games (the majority) still run with the new sa1 code on sd2snes?

Lol, I also don't own a sd2snes, it's just not much work to make it compatible (usually). And since we more or less stopped supporting higan, this is something we should continue. But msu/sa1 compatibility is really not our problem Smile

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 7:26 by Relikk

Conn wrote:One (stupid) question, do non-sa1 msu games (the majority) still run with the new sa1 code on sd2snes?

Yes. Cores are separate and have their own MSU code. So the new SA-1 core doesn't affect another core, such as the SuperFX core for example.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 10:37 by pev

@Relikk Yup, I like your explanation better. I had a hard time explaining this to Kurrono (seeing that the topic with Super Mario RPG came up during our conversations).

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 8 Aug 2018 - 13:38 by pev

@ToAll Updated PCM links (both Primary, Secondary) to include Relikk's latest PCM fix (ending missing sound effect for fuse guy and then blowing up).

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next