pev

Super Earth Defense Force - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Earth Defense Force :: Comments

Conn

Post Fri 4 Mar 2022 - 2:26 by Conn

Awesome progress, I'll try to get things a bit done completed.
- fade
- $22/F185 A5 06 LDA $06 [$00:0006]
(should be #$06
- level not playing.

Stay tuned Wink

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Fri 4 Mar 2022 - 2:30 by Cubear

Oh, I completely missed the #$06 error lol.
You can tell I was getting tired of this game, ha ha

the level music does play via kurrono's original code.
It does use a databank system but as far as I know the other tracks in the databank are always the same, so it made it easy to just hook those track changes and assign a number to each.

Oh. I think track 1 (were it to play) should also be noloop, which I was also too lazy to put the 3 lines or so of code in to accomplish that. Truly, this is a masterwork of laziness. Thanks for taking over.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 4 Mar 2022 - 3:43 by Conn

You can tell I was getting tired of this game, ha ha
lol, yes... I was also too often drawn into a project I did not want initially. Great job with the mute!!!

the level music does play via kurrono's original code.
My fault, sorry. Didn't notice first since it had a cmp #$53 (obsolete through hardmute), that isn't detected by geiger debugger.

Ok, already done so far.
I did these no loop:
Code:
cmp #$55 ;Jaleco
beq noLoop
cmp #$59 ; EDF logo
beq noLoop
cmp #$01
beq noLoop ;Title screen noise
cmp #$04
beq noLoop ;Victory
(correct please)

I also added a fading (not sure whether it is too fast, if, please delete a dec in the nmi: from the asm

Also please check everything, and if you can, please also add missing tracks to the pcm set and we are done Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 6 Mar 2022 - 13:08 by Conn

I decided to move this topic back to the dev section until we are done with the revision.
I hope anybody takes on from here with testing the in above post edf_v12.zip
And following pcm:s needs to be added before testing:

1. Title screen noise
2. (unused)
3. Boss Battle
4. Victory
5. Weapon Select
6. (unused, plays on the continue screen)

I hope somebody volunteers Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 10 Mar 2022 - 23:11 by Alopex

Hopefully me bringing this one to attention hasn't caused too many headaches. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Thu 10 Mar 2022 - 23:17 by Cubear

Not at all, just a few evenings spent swearing at the game's code trying to figure out a good hard mute...

maybe somebody else spends a few evenings swearing working on the PCM pack now that it needs updating.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 3:52 by Conn

I talked back with relikk yesterday, he probably will post those 3 or 4 tracks missing today... Wink

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 6:31 by Relikk

Conn wrote:I talked back with relikk yesterday, he probably will post those 3 or 4 tracks missing today... Wink

https://mega.nz/file/Qn4jiaCT#zXO401nUr2Jr-SM2EXCwECZvhQqr7qAvBhcReyw4WcY

Japanese versions included as well, because the percussion uses different samples.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 9:56 by Conn

Much thanks Relikk,

here's the patch 1.2 (Kurrono, PepilloPev, Cubear, Conn)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/ErBHAIpI#Rmp-DbotZnwn-LCrWlfR7Gvb2_cCg4cUiNl7s0HtniU

Arcade PCM set (Kurrono, Relikk)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/kqJxTSpS#mleyEq08UXcoe1SVn_7uyqJMV_XX-W5P4-P9BNWjme4

Please test and let me know if it works all, I'll move it back then to the database if ok.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 11:58 by Alopex

Conn wrote:
Please test and let me know if it works all, I'll move it back then to the database if ok.

Seems there's still an issue with sound effects, they're not playing consistently. On the weapon select menu it should bleep with every move, but half the time it doesn't play, I noticed it in game too, right from the start there were some enemy hits and explosions that were silent.

Also noticed the arcade PCMs also fade out and leave quite a long silence before looping.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 13:27 by Conn

Thanks Smile
I must hand this back to cubear again, since I am out when it comes to this APU. Is there a progress in comparison to the previous patch in your opinion (distortions and such)?

Also noticed the arcade PCMs also fade out and leave quite a long silence before looping.
@cubear, if you make a second revision, just leave a dec out here
Code:

lda $1F41 ;volume
dec
dec
dec

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 14:32 by Cubear

Unfortunately, that’s errors in the original code I think. It would play every time were the music not playing, but as it is, the sfx fights for priority with the music on channels 6-7-8. The music is still playing, just silently. It causes sfx to sometimes not play during gameplay as well. It is unfortunate but we get to pick between the sfx sounding good or the sfx playing on every trigger. Just how it’s got to be without a rewrite of the APU code, which I’m not nearly proficient enough to do, sorry

belated edit, now that i'm not at work: i believe the "long fade" is not your fade, @conn, but the PCM having a long fadeout instead of a nice loop.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 12 Mar 2022 - 6:19 by Relikk

I've redone the entire PCM set from scratch. It now has proper looping and only 1 SPC replacement track (weapon select). Everything else is from the arcade version.

https://mega.nz/file/g2wwgSyK#5mBaDdhBHa9y3ZghNPuTZPGKxZ-RPTs0apGcy9__4AI

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 12 Mar 2022 - 7:11 by Conn

Unfortunately, that’s errors in the original code I think. It would play every time were the music not playing, but as it is, the sfx fights for priority with the music on channels 6-7-8. The music is still playing, just silently. It causes sfx to sometimes not play during gameplay as well. It is unfortunate but we get to pick between the sfx sounding good or the sfx playing on every trigger. Just how it’s got to be without a rewrite of the APU code, which I’m not nearly proficient enough to do, sorry
So this bug is also happening in vanilla/stock rom? Then there's nothing needs to be done anyways Smile

belated edit, now that i'm not at work: i believe the "long fade" is not your fade, @conn, but the PCM having a long fadeout instead of a nice loop.
I don't know, but removed a dec so the fading is slower now.

I've redone the entire PCM set from scratch. It now has proper looping and only 1 SPC replacement track (weapon select). Everything else is from the arcade version.
Awesome: I updated your set link with the new post to the first post.

I consider this patch done as best we can make it. Any objections to move it back into the database? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 12 Mar 2022 - 9:21 by Alopex

I'd say it's as good as it can be within reason at this point.

Thanks everyone for your efforts. Piece of Heart

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 12 Mar 2022 - 14:48 by Conn

Great, I move this topic back into the database...

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 13 Mar 2022 - 14:23 by Relikk

The "Boss Attack" track (track 3) doesn't trigger when you get to the boss on stage 3.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 13 Mar 2022 - 14:49 by Conn

Sorry for the confusion, relikk. I didn't have a cheat to play there and therefore said to put it in the forum (cheat is 7e0181-03 for invincibility).
Through this cheat now I was able to fix it (was also boss 4,5 and 6 that didn't trigger and fixed).

I also sent to you via discord, Relikk. As sson you give ok I update the op.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 14 Mar 2022 - 12:37 by Relikk

I tweaked a couple of tracks in the PCM set, also. Mainly the ending track as it wasn't long enough. It now syncs perfectly with the time given.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 14 Mar 2022 - 13:14 by Conn

Also patch is renewed to play jaleco at the start

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 18:43 by SuperFeistyFox

Doesn't work on my FXPak Pro - game hangs on a black screen after the Jaleco screen. Even tried with In-Game hooks off.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 19:25 by Relikk

In-game hooks should always be off when submitting bug reports anyway, but did you download the patch from here recently, or a while ago? I found that particular bug, but it should be fixed as of a month ago.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 20:21 by SuperFeistyFox

I just tried the latest patch from this past March.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 20:26 by Relikk

Download the patch again. It was silently updated since then.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 20:39 by SuperFeistyFox

New patch downloaded. I'll see if I can make time to test it tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next