Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) - Page 2 Empty Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+)

-  Patches  -

Use MD+ for MegaSD, Mega Everdrive Pro & Genesis Plus GX
Use MSU-MD for MiSTer & X Series Everdrive w/ physical Sega CD unit

MD+ Patch (by neodev)

MSU-MD Patch (ported from the original MD+ patch by Krikkz)

-  MD+ Audio Packs  -

MD+ X68000 OST (by Relikk)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/JmRhTaKB#kogDz4nlfoxQn6kTDn9XHvXskNneKjNK30uc2LNhfvU

-  MSU-MD Audio Packs  -
Compatible with MSU-MD and MD+ (not seamless loop)

Ys III 1991 Arranged Sound Pack (by BishopCruz):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/IbhwHJbJ#k6l9eWbZjyKaxyyaUZ75fubuB7W7fnAZk5WGvnbsEgE

Ys: The Oath In Felghana (by Game Sack) v2 Waves Fixed 02-27-21
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3t4wg7grwekrhbs/Ys_III_MSU-MD_Pack_-_Fixed.rar/file

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 12:41; edited 15 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (MD+) :: Comments

Relikk

Post Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 16:43 by Relikk

I'm trying it now. I'll get back to you in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 17:06 by mario64

Relikk wrote:I'm trying it now. I'll get back to you in a while.
Awesome thank you!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 17:37 by Relikk

I couldn't get it to work the way I had worked out it in my head. Sorry.

I think someone needs to remap the tracks on the patch side of things for the MSU-MD version, or load the patched version in an emulator that has a debugger to see what number tracks are being triggered in the sound test menu because they're not concurrent from tracks 22-31 in the same way that tracks 1-21 are.

So, I think I saw you posting this over at Krikzz forum, but just for confirmation, tracks...

02-Introduction
13-ChestersTheme
20-MyDearElena
23-FateTower
24-LookAtDis
26-DearMyBrother
27-MorningJourney
28-WanderersFromYs
29-GetItem
30-FleetingDream

...are not mapped correctly in the MSU-MD patched version. Tracks 1-21 below, in the current CUE sheet, are all fine.

Code:
FILE "31-DancingOnTheRoad.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "01-Premonition.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
FILE "04-Welcome.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "05-QuietMoment.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "06-Prolog.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
FILE "19-SealingTime.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
FILE "22-DeathBeat.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
FILE "21-TearfulTwilight.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
FILE "09-BlackMonster.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
FILE "10-DeathShock.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
FILE "25-FinalFight.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
FILE "03-SarinaVillage.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
FILE "07-WingedBoy.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
FILE "08-BeCareful.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
FILE "11-AlcainoRuins.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
FILE "12-HeatedBattle.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
FILE "14-BlackSetUp.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
FILE "15-FightingSoul.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 18 AUDIO
FILE "16-ValestineCastle.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 19 AUDIO
FILE "17-PrayForMercy.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 20 AUDIO
FILE "18-KeyOfLight.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 21 AUDIO

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 24 Aug 2020 - 17:55 by mario64

Gotcha. Thanks again for investigating. We'll see if KRIKzz is willing to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 29 Aug 2020 - 12:44 by Relikk

It doesn't appear as if he's interested, probably because it's not his fault. I'll be removing the MSU-MD patch from here until someone decides to fix it. It'll still be available via Krikzz's GitHub if anyone wants it.

https://github.com/krikzz/msu-md/tree/master/ips

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 29 Aug 2020 - 13:35 by mario64

Relikk wrote:It doesn't appear as if he's interested, probably because it's not his fault. I'll be removing the MSU-MD patch from here until someone decides to fix it. It'll still be available via Krikzz's GitHub if anyone wants it.

I'm confused. I thought the problem is with the patch? If so, how could it not be KRIKzz's issue to fix?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 29 Aug 2020 - 13:46 by Relikk

It's not his fault that the tracks aren't concurrent for the CUE standard used with real hardware. Yes, it's up to him or someone else to fix the MSU-MD patch for it to be used on his cart in the manner it was intended, but I just doubt he's interested in doing that. Unfortunately his opinion of MD+ is already low enough, this is just another problem to him that he really didn't create to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 29 Aug 2020 - 13:54 by mario64

Relikk wrote:It's not his fault that the tracks aren't concurrent for the CUE standard used with real hardware. Yes, it's up to him or someone else to fix the MSU-MD patch for it to be used on his cart in the manner it was intended, but I just doubt he's interested in doing that. Unfortunately his opinion of MD+ is already low enough, this is just another problem to him that he really didn't create to begin with.
Interesting. Well yeah I think this game is just going to be a write off then and likely won't ever be playable as intended on anything except Mega SD.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 27 Sep 2020 - 20:57 by manchasolar

First of all thank you. I'm a noob, I've had the Mega SD for a few days and I'm still learning a few things. I have already managed to put 4 MD + games, but with YS III and Top Gear 2, I can't. I try and follow the steps, but... The folder that I created "MD YS III" appears in the MEGA SD menu, but when I enter, the rom does not appear, the folder appears empty.
I have put in the folder the .md patched rom, along with the unzipped audio package, that is: the cue file and the wav files. What am I doing wrong? I'm desperate. Please help. I dont know whats going on, maybe I use a wrong rom to apply the patch?

Kind regards.

PD: I have create an audio package for Golden Axe very interesting, I wanna share with you, guys!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 4:17 by Relikk

It's quite possible that you just need to refresh the database on your MegaSD. Highlight the folder where your MD+ games are stored and then press start on your controller to enter the folder. This will rescan the folder for anything that has been added since the database was built.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 28 Sep 2020 - 20:45 by manchasolar

You´re right!!! Now i can play! Thanks!!!

I didn't know that it could be updated with the start button. For someone who is starting to use the device, I see the Mega SD manual not enough.

Thanks again!!!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Tue 8 Dec 2020 - 20:09 by zaphro72

mario64 wrote:
Relikk wrote:It's not his fault that the tracks aren't concurrent for the CUE standard used with real hardware. Yes, it's up to him or someone else to fix the MSU-MD patch for it to be used on his cart in the manner it was intended, but I just doubt he's interested in doing that. Unfortunately his opinion of MD+ is already low enough, this is just another problem to him that he really didn't create to begin with.
Interesting. Well yeah I think this game is just going to be a write off then and likely won't ever be playable as intended on anything except Mega SD.

I asked Krikzz on Twitter and he said it requires someone with better rom hacking skills then his to make it work and we know he has no plans to support MD+

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 22 Dec 2020 - 4:42 by Relikk

If you're using the MD+ patch then there won't be any music in Genesis GX Plus because MD+ is not supported yet. Use the version of MD+ MAME I posted to play or test MD+ games.

https://www.zeldix.net/t2175-md-mame

Also, since MD+ is more flexible than MSU-MD with regard to the track numbers being non-concurrent in the CUE file, there's not much point in creating audio packs for the MSU-MD version as that patch doesn't work properly on the Mega Everdrive Pro or Genesis Plus GX because of the non-standard track numbering.

It's a good test of your audio editing skills to try and find seamless loops in arranged tracks from original Red Book audio soundtracks from the early days of CD-ROM games, especially for MD+ as it supports seamless looping (unlike MSU-MD). It can reduce file sizes by quite a lot.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 24 Dec 2020 - 4:20 by Relikk

Brutapode89 wrote:And will the name "MSU-MD" not exist anymore?

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 24 Dec 2020 - 4:59 by Relikk

Ah. Yeah, there are a couple in development by ArcadeTV and Dustin O'Dell, but there have been no updates for those in months. I guess they lost interest. They'll be released eventually.

Back to top Go down

Keelhaul

Post Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 18:44 by Keelhaul

Hi,

I've applied Krikzz' msu-md patch variant from here:

Music works, but the game refuses to save games (on an Everdrive Pro).

Has anyone else had this issue?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 12:51 by pev

After painstakingly reverse engineering Krikk's IPS patch file. I see nothing wrong with his code. After poking around for a bit, I discovered that the MSU-MD driver does not play nice with WAVE based CUE files. They need to be in one single BIN file with correct CUE sheet to map out the tracks. I will upload the correct BIN/CUE file shortly.

@Relikk Thanks for the quick tutorial on how to create the BIN/CUE files.

UPDATE: Restored Krikkz MSU-MD patch and fixed BIN/CUE sound pack at the top. 02-27-2021.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 14:56 by pev

Ok, found some other issues with Game Sack's WAVE files. Also I have a feeling MSU-MD does not like missing tracks. I padded the missing tracks with 1 sec of silence. Looks like this fixed the weird track issue for good. What a pain in the ass this was. I am currently re-uploading the fixed pack v2. Should be up shortly.

PS...how the hell did it work in MD+? Who knows...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 17:39 by pev

Well, mario64 and I did some additional testing after applying said fixes. This is the final outcome...

Krikkz's patch works on GenesisPlusGX emulator, MiSTeR, and MegaSD (with correct header applied), and MED Pro; using the fixed v2 BIN/CUE. On the MED Pro, track #1 does not play at all. Weird. Now all versions play track#1 except when a reset is introduced or game loops back to SEGA logo. Then it won't play anymore.

EDIT: On MegaSD, track#1 plays on initial boot. Once the game restarts with SEGA logo, it will not play again. However, if you do a hard reset, it will play again.

Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:36 by pev

Ok, it looks like Ys III is now under control. The last fix was to provide MSU-MD status ready code (was not present in previous code). The game plays track #1 after a soft reset or normal demo restart to SEGA logo. Phew...

Now just need someone to play the whole game through and see if other bugs are still out there.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 20:23 by Retroplay

Stellar work. Yes

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next