Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) Empty Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Patch* and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C
*Apply on headerless US 1.1 ROM

Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites. Ignore all previous patches. Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.
gizaha

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) :: Comments

Conn

Post Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 9:21 by Conn

Congrats to this new patch with video, I am impressed Very Happy

I deleted the old topic but used the video from there until there is a better one of this new patch

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 28 Oct 2019 - 13:27 by gizaha

Conn wrote:Congrats to this new patch with video, I am impressed Very Happy

I deleted the old topic but used the video from there until there is a better one of this new patch

Ok and thank you. I don't like this youtube video since it's not demonstrating the new additions, and in order for someone to creating a new video, must know the new stuff. I encourage players to search for new stuff like new frames and move changes. I think that every combo that works in arcade version, works here now. For example i had these as reference point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCXkR4pkGfU&list=FLTHCxTuu6fMysCfCwMhN36A

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 0:02 by Polargames

Wow, this is very awesome :-D. How does MSU1 do all of that though?

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 2:58 by alvarogold

thanks for this awesome work, some bugs are present and some mismatch animations but this is ok.

i made a video of this patch if someone want to check out.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 6:22 by Conn

Thanks, I updated first post with your video. Can you describe the bugs maybe with video time?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 7:35 by Señor Ventura

This is absolutely amazing.

-Sabrewulf has the "stomp" sound when he jumps and falls to the ground. The same with the rest of heavy characters, i imagine.

-The narrator voice's are the same of the arcade.

-Without have compared the animatios, i would say that the "stand animations" are improved now with more frames.

-Of course the videos and musics.

Conn wrote:Thanks, I updated first post with your video. Can you describe the bugs maybe with video time?

One of these could be the abruptly shutting of the narrator voice when is saying one of the combos:

https://youtu.be/N87V59gsrzk?t=495

Another issue is after that same combat. The animation of cinder's victory doesn't appears... but is okey, really.

The counter of the combos is corrupted in certain moments. Nothing really important.

And for the last, eyedol changes the color of its stick in some animations.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 12:58 by gizaha

Polargames wrote:Wow, this is very awesome :-D. How does MSU1 do all of that though?
MSU just gives data space. SNES can do all the others easily, that's why it's made.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 14:07 by gizaha

I might did something wrong because i rushly released the ips patch without testing. In my rom works perfect.

This is absolutely amazing.
Thank you.

-Sabrewulf has the "stomp" sound when he jumps and falls to the ground. The same with the rest of heavy characters, i imagine.
Correct. Riptor, Sabrewulf and Eyedol

-Without have compared the animatios, i would say that the "stand animations" are improved now with more frames.
Use humiliation to TJ combo next time. Hundrends of frames added. And arcade combos. And original fatalities.

One of these could be the abruptly shutting of the narrator voice when is saying one of the combos:
https://youtu.be/N87V59gsrzk?t=495
Only one custom sfx can load and play at a time. It was a miracle that all 3 was heard nicely without buffer overrun. All these was written in a single audio buffer 3 times just before the (previous) playing point, luckily without overtaking it.

Another issue is after that same combat. The animation of cinder's victory doesn't appears... but is okey, really.
Winning pose it's ok. If you meant supreme victory fmv, you were in round 2.
Notice the dark screen, even nintendo 64 didn't that in ki gold.

The counter of the combos is corrupted in certain moments. Nothing really important.
Everything is important. Most mini-bugs are addressed. (like thunder ultra to glacius,
overflows spc ram and crash sound).
Some wrong frame was trying to load, and overwrite the vram where combo numbers and hitting stars are stored. It never occured to me. If you help me to reproduce this i can fix it. It's either cinder's air trailblazer or eyedol stand up, as i saw in the youtube video.

And for the last, eyedol changes the color of its stick in some animations.
If you mean the red stick, there are stock frames, i didn't touch them.

I noticed that after ending, the "available on your home" strangely didn't sounded. I will fix it.

And of course, your video struggles a lot. I hope it's the capture software because in me it plays smooth.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 14:11 by gizaha

alvarogold wrote:i made a video of this patch if someone want to check out.
There are hundreds of things i've added in the rom, not just audio/fmv/sound and gameplay. I don't want to release changelog so soon, for not to break the surprise effect.

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 16:03 by alvarogold

Yeah, i know you Made a Lot of changes and that's cool Bro, very awesome work, in my video the gameplay looks little choppy but this Is for my video capture, gameplay is flawless with any gameplay problems .. only few grafical glitches.

By the way, you can edit the ultra elevation on eyedol .. i perform ultra on him but he fall down to fast.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 16:26 by gizaha

By the way, you can edit the ultra elevation on eyedol .. i perform ultra on him but he fall down to fast.
I know. Since i put the second death's moveset fast and amateur way, things work like that. If im not bored enough, i will copy it from arcade to be perfect.

Graphical glitches corrected, problem was eyedol invisibility frames when stand up, triggered my hidden codes. I will upload it tommorow among others. Every bug you find, i already know it, but i'm just a little bored to fix it.
Unfortunately, cause of the nature of ki.msu (i compile it again every time), you might need to download the new version toghether with the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 16:55 by Señor Ventura

gizaha wrote:Use humiliation to TJ combo next time. Hundrends of frames added. And arcade combos. And original fatalities.

That remembers me the KI beta that had a lot more animation frames, but sadly it was very lowered.

Maybe it could be a challenge someday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zDBXypL5q4

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 17:40 by alvarogold

gizaha wrote:
I know. Since i put the second death's moveset fast and amateur way, things work like that. If im not bored enough, i will copy it from arcade to be perfect.

Graphical glitches corrected, problem was eyedol invisibility frames when stand up, triggered my hidden codes. I will upload it tommorow among others. Every bug you find, i already know it, but i'm just a little bored to fix it.
Unfortunately, cause of the nature of ki.msu (i compile it again every time), you might need to download the new version toghether with the patch.

thanks my friend, i really apreciate your work here.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 Oct 2019 - 19:41 by gizaha

That remembers me the KI beta that had a lot more animation frames, but sadly it was very lowered.

The reason i didn't put all 360 frames yet in char select, is to show homage to this rom.
That's why i choose some specific frames like orchid and spinal stand up, orchid tiger and backflip, jago stand up, glacius stab fatality etc. Based on calculations and the sprite table, that rom might was 8 or 12 megabytes. And has already trimmed some few frames compared to arcade.

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 3:25 by D2DEZEL

it does not work on sd2snes

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 11:59 by gizaha

D2DEZEL wrote:it does not work on sd2snes
Can you please describe me what exactly it does in sd2snes, extremely detailed? Also, check the same rom in emulator. Sd2snes might need xml files in the same folder.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 13:31 by Relikk

A lot of problems with the game on SD2SNES here, also.

The intro video has some garbled graphics on the left hand side. The frame around the video when it showcases the characters is completely garbled, so is the title screen and character select. When the intro video is left running it'll eventually black screen. After the VS screen I got a blue screen and then a red screen, then the game hung on that screen.

Here are some pics: https://imgur.com/a/vEA2dTj

Seems to work fine on BSNES, which is odd. BSNES is usually a good indicator of whether something will work the same on an SD2SNES.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:00 by alex_tenjo

Just to let you know, I can confirm the exact same problems that Relikk meet on my SD2SNES Pro (the ROM used is correctly patched because I don't need to fix its CRC, gizaha already modify it on the patch).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:02 by Conn

Seems to be a irq problem...
I do not know which video code you use, but this one should be bug free:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1737-videoplayer-by-ikari-asm-source-code

@ relikk, can you try the Zelda fmv (rename it to ki.msu) to ensure its the code and not the video processed?

Last edited by Conn on Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:05 by gizaha

First of all, every time you must download current version ki.msu and patch a clean file every time. I've made changes multiple times.
I know what causes the lines left on the screen. I used the horizontal line timings bsnes gave me, i thought that was hardware-accurate, but there isn't.
Title screen/character select must not have this bug, if you are sure it has, i know where to search. Also, if it's easy for you, check the cartridge on another snes, if you are sure it has different PPU version.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:11 by gizaha

Conn wrote:Seems to be a irq problem...
I do not know which video code you use, but this one should be bug free:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1737-videoplayer-by-ikari-asm-source-code

@ relikk, can you try the Zelda fmv (rename it to ki.msu) to ensure its the code and not the video processed?
I don't use other peoples code. Video codes are all custom written from scratch by me. It's more advanced and fast than every other fmv code.
Problem is IRQ as you said. They either must start and stop eariler, or (because of reading data from SD) read bottleneck causes this.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:15 by Relikk

Conn wrote:@ relikk, can you try the Zelda fmv (rename it to ki.msu) to ensure its the code and not the video processed?

I won't be able to check again until tomorrow. Maybe someone can try that in the meantime. Otherwise I'll do it tomorrow when I get home.

gizaha wrote:First of all, every time you must download current version ki.msu and patch a clean file every time. I've made changes multiple times.

If you can, if there have been any changes, please edit your original post or create a new post in the topic any time you have made changes so people know to download the newer, up-to-date versions.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:21 by gizaha

The frame around the video when it showcases the characters is completely garbled

In current today's patch, in address 9f712, i have a9 8a.
8a is where the point irq will start. Use a smaller value, like 6a.
Optimally, lines on the left of the screen would disappeared AND at the right on the screen you will not have black lines.
Tell me the results.
*this only affects intro fmv. Vs screen uses different player and settings.

You can download patch and msu file from my onedrive folder, since it always contains the current version.
FMV from other msu games like zelda aren't interchangable, nor KI fmvs will play in another player.

Last edited by gizaha on Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:57; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:44 by Conn

@Relikk
since Gizaha figured out the bug source it is obsolete now to test with the zelda msu file

@gizaha
maybe you can edit the patch only with v2,v3 etc, so people know when there's a new file and do not have to download the complete set with every update made (that's the reason I always keep pcm and ips files separated Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next