MSU-1 and SNES Mode 7 HD mods

Go down

MSU-1 and SNES Mode 7 HD mods Empty MSU-1 and SNES Mode 7 HD mods

Post by Cybertri on Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 22:48

Have you folks noticed that bnes EMU has a new Mode 7 HD mod which corrects the low rez images in Mode 7 scenes and makes them look like 1080p textures?

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/bdltmo/hd_mode_7_mod_for_bsnes_v1071_beta_1/

It's fantastic. But the real reason I am posting in here is to say that this mod needs to work with MSU and I think the dev might need some input there.

Link to the issue at Git-

https://github.com/DerKoun/bsnes-hd/issues/16

Link to YouTube video comparing the old Mode 7 vs HD mod.

https://youtu.be/6VrzJ6Y1kjQ

Latest code for beta bsnes is 9.

https://github.com/DerKoun/bsnes-hd/releases/tag/beta9

Cybertri
Newcomer

Since : 2019-11-13

Back to top Go down

MSU-1 and SNES Mode 7 HD mods Empty Re: MSU-1 and SNES Mode 7 HD mods

Post by psalmsamuel on Sun 1 Dec 2019 - 13:44

I wouldn't touch it as a replacement, I really enjoy the "classic look" of the snes, however. (I could be completely wrong, and would need to try it with shaders and overlay).

Games where "Draw Distances" don't look that pleasing like, "F-Zero ... Pilot Wings ... Mario Kart" .......... is worth it for "F-Zero", can't think of anything else, I would use it for, don't like the look.

Good News

Raspberry pi 4 supposed to have support for it..........yeah........until it gets more interest it won't have msu-1 ............ not to mention code may be at its limits, like a year or 2 down the line.

thinking of which

need accurate snes emulator comparisons, think the draw distance issues are already fixed??? at least for "F-Zero, Pilot Wings, Mario Kart .......... maybe all fixed by official release of retropie for RPI4!!!!1

psalmsamuel
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2018-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox on Sun 1 Dec 2019 - 23:05

Would love to see this new HD looking mode 7 on real hardware via sd2snes.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

MSU-1 and SNES Mode 7 HD mods Image214

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Mon 2 Dec 2019 - 0:40

Erockbrox wrote:Would love to see this new HD looking mode 7 on real hardware via sd2snes.

Wow, I thought that mode 7 was already in sd2snes. I did not know it was not.
Polargames
Polargames

MSU-1 and SNES Mode 7 HD mods Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by psalmsamuel on Mon 2 Dec 2019 - 21:04

Erockbrox wrote:Would love to see this new HD looking mode 7 on real hardware via sd2snes.

(we don't see a lot of streaming technology ......... substituting ......... complete processors) (like ......... lets say you had several streams of real data or frequency input data ........ its organized information, but its nothing more than white noise, like a running faucet ......... its not processed ............ then lets say you have processor that takes a pea sized amount out of that like a picture, this pea sized amount disturbes the data stream, and when the data stream is disturbed this DISTURBANCE is like a basic processor)

(the way the organized information is flowing creates the effect of behaving like a processor when it is disturbed) (for whatever limited interaction of the disturbance) (we don't have anything like that in industry?)

It seems like a step went missing, from "emulation development", and, from "satelite to land based information transmission (as efficiency problem in data integrity)
i don't think a hd mode 7 is feasible right now, for consumer devices, like with sd2snes.............apart of this reason is, a lot of new research and development is not taking place, because, some issues, seem like they are already solved efficiently, and they are not.
estimate would be within the next 10 years (for reasonable solution, not like simply building bigger and better equipment), as I don't think, it is necessary to, create another snes unit, more then, to find more efficiency for issues that are already solved, or need more research and development dedicated then has any immediate application...............(that is the problem with capitalism, and global economy, if there isn't a direct need for anything, they don't invest any time or research into anything.............being profit based primarily is not very intelligent or productive) (then maybe 10 years is reasonable)

psalmsamuel
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by psalmsamuel on Mon 2 Dec 2019 - 21:30

Polargames wrote:

Wow, I thought that mode 7 was already in sd2snes. I did not know it was not.

(its a lot more information) (or, its a different kind of input/output system)
(processors are linear today, like information is presented only when called/used/or needed ............. its not practical to present all of an information all of the time, because of inefficiencies, there's a lot of research and development that needs to take place)

(it can be more efficient to present all of an informational argument all of the time, in a different way, then say, running your operating system all of the time but having it function against what is a "queue system of input/output", just more complicated with more pipelines ............. rather then say no "queue system", but instead, a "crystaline system" where all is present and active, no pipelines, but, instead, parts of that is used and it functions like the whole thing is used ....... would be more efficient) (depending like, instead of "pipelines for queue", "data streams disturbance for propagation of quene")

(something like that)

(would no longer be a mode 7 based snes, but a mode 8 for HD MODE) (in real hardware with sd2snes, with possible implement without adding equipment or power supply)

psalmsamuel
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum