Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Super Mario Land - Page 2 Empty New Super Mario Land

Patch v12 (supports ROM v1.5 --> Fixed Link Jan-19-2024):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jjrqwzm1rwuxe5m/NewSuperMarioLand.zip/file

Homebrew/Non-Commercial ROM v1.5:
Code:
https://archive.org/download/snes-new-super-mario-land/New%20Super%20Mario%20Land%20%28J%29%20%28V1.5%29.sfc

PCM Pack
Arranged Pack presented by PepilloPeV:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9g2oy1th8weqss5/MSU1-NSML_V1.5_SoundPack_PepilloPeV.rar/file

Last edited by pev on Fri 19 Jan 2024 - 12:02; edited 50 times in total
pev

New Super Mario Land - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

New Super Mario Land :: Comments

Post Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 23:54 by pev

@Morty Yup, this new version has a lot of changes. I cannot find hardly any free space to relocate my MSU-1 code. I will have to expand this ROM from 2.0Mb to 2.5Mb to make it work.

I am pretty much done porting it over to v1.2, just need to fix one more bug. Maybe tonight or by the end of the weekend. I'm poofed.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 0:08 by OMorty

pepillopev wrote:@Morty Yup, this new version has a lot of changes. I cannot find hardly any free space to relocate my MSU-1 code. I will have to expand this ROM from 2.0Mb to 2.5Mb to make it work.

I am pretty much done porting it over to v1.2, just need to fix one more bug. Maybe tonight or by the end of the weekend. I'm poofed.

Wow, that's quick! Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 13:34 by pev

@ToAll I finally ported msu code over to the latest v1.2 ROM. Took me a bit since the ROM changes introduced some new bugs that needed fixing.

Should any bugs be found, please use bSnes with debugger and make a save state just before the issue occurs and pass it my way. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 18:54 by OMorty

pepillopev wrote:@ToAll I finally ported msu code over to the latest v1.2 ROM. Took me a bit since the ROM changes introduced some new bugs that needed fixing.

Should any bugs be found, please use bSnes with debugger and make a save state just before the issue occurs and pass it my way. Thanks.

Just played through World 1-1 with the new MSU-1 patch, and so far so good! Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Post Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 14:57 by Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

@Pev I have patched the version 1.2 and it does not seem to work in the SD2SNES Pro. I am using a Mega NT and the previous version that I patched (v1.0) worked with no issues. Any idea?

Back to top Go down

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Post Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 14:58 by Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

I forgot to add that the CRC after patching is B8AD72E0 and the latest NSML CRC v1.2 is 6C2B54EB. Confused

Back to top Go down

Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

Post Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 15:03 by Leonardo_BVB@hotmail.com

I sorted it out! My patcher was behaving badly! Blue2 Great work, Thanks!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Wed 28 Oct 2020 - 18:52 by Conn

The third hit on google...:

https://archive.org/download/new-super-mario-land

(fan-made, no copyright)

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 17:07 by Bonenanza

Yes, THX. I could only find the 1.0 and couldnt get the music to work on my FX PAK. Will try this Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Fri 12 Mar 2021 - 10:25 by Retroplay

Just a heads up, v1.5 with more bug fixes is out.
https://archive.org/details/snes-new-super-mario-land
(homebrew game, link should be ok)

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 8:16 by pev

@Retroplay I looked into the changes between v1.2 up to the v1.5 ROM. A lot has changed since then which requires a complete re-hack to find mute points, relocate/adjust code (for msu and fade support). This is is something, at this time, I am not in the mood to do for such a niche game.

I may revisit the game in the future, when my time and mental focus are in the right place. This aside, I will provide a link to find the v1.2 ROM at the top, for now. Your v1.5 ROM will remain in the regular post as is. Thanks again, for bringing this ROM update to our attention.

Now, I am weary of hosting this particular homebrew ROM. Even though it is not commercial, it still has Nintendo's IP all over it. Conn and I discussed this and your ROM post will remain until Nintendo does something about it. I have a feeling they have bigger fish to fry at the moment. They are notorious for going after anything using their IP (including graphics assets, music, etc).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 9:03 by pev

@Retroplay Conn insisted on looking at my source code. I gave it to him. So, maybe or maybe not he will port it over to v1.5. No guarantees. He is just as unmotivated as myself. But, then again, Conn is always full of surprises. Wink

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sat 13 Mar 2021 - 11:08 by Retroplay

It wasn't a request or anything, but I'm not complaining. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Mar 2021 - 16:08 by pev

Retroplay wrote:It wasn't a request or anything, but I'm not complaining. Smile
I did not perceive it as that. I was just responding my stance on it at the time. Conn helped me with the re-coding process and support for the newer 1.5 version has been realized from these efforts. The new links are the top. The tracks had to be re-ordered. So you can either compare the track map to re-number yourself or re-download the pack.

Thanks again for supporting us and playing our patches. Wink

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Mon 15 Mar 2021 - 18:45 by Retroplay

Excellent. New Super Mario Land - Page 2 1f44c

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 20 Mar 2021 - 19:31 by pev

@alex_tenjo Thanks for bringing the sd2snes issue to my attention. Conn and I figured out what was wrong. Apparently, there is a sd2snes bug when expanding ROMs using WindHex versus Lunar Expand.

WindHex pads the expanded space with FFs, where LunarExpand pads with 00s. Sd2Snes does not like expanded space with FFs. Please re-download v12 to fix your sd2snes issue. Do not forget to clear web browser cache. Thanks for playing.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 21 Mar 2021 - 9:07 by alex_tenjo

Good to know how to properly expand SNES ROM for SD2SNES, I would never have guessed that it could make a difference.
I have just played your last iteration of the game until the end with my SD2SNES without any problem.
Thanks to both of you for your time to make that new version real hardware compatible.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 21 Mar 2021 - 10:28 by pev

@alex_tenjo ROM v1.5’s play mechanics are much more refined and enjoyable. I noticed other improvements as well with sprite animations too.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 21 Mar 2021 - 13:50 by alex_tenjo

I agree, version 1.5 is also better from my point of view, however I noticed some hitboxes that might be fix and the pipes animation that can be weird sometimes.
Thanks again for making a MSU1 version for that game.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 25 Mar 2021 - 23:38 by pev

@Conn Finally got off my lazy arse and put up the video I promised you for a while now. Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 5:00 by Conn

lol, much thanks! Very Happy ...and no death, incredible Spin

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Jan 2024 - 6:36 by MBJ

Okay, the PCM pack is missing, how we can download now? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Jan 2024 - 17:26 by pev

MBJ wrote:Okay, the PCM pack is missing, how we can download now? Crying or Very sad
Link is fixed. Enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next