Erock's Beta Testing

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Erock's Beta Testing Empty Erock's Beta Testing

Post by Erockbrox Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 8:06

Here just watch the video. I purposely did not watch Andy's play through because I didn't want to get any spoilers.

Here are some comments:

- I still think that Conker's Milk Utopia is better than just Milk Utopia. Milk Utopia sounds like it could be anything.

Yeah and it attracts more viewers/players because its just called milk utopia, people are wondering what this is and when they see it and play it they are amazed. You'd be surprised how much people have skipped high rule tail just because it has the Conker name in it. They immediately think provocative content, hence this is not the cup of tea of everyone.

- I like the idea of a music player that can play any music any time, but I think it would be better if you had this as a bonus for beating the whole game. Like if you beat the whole game then you unlock this feature. The whole point of a music composer who is making music for a video game is for the composer to make music that fits the theme or mood of the game. A cave level has cave music, a boss stage has boss music. If you are able to set any music then it can become a clash in terms of visual and audio and story telling. Just image if you were fighting some final boss in some epic RPG and you set the music to calm elevator music, it just doesn't fit.

It's an option to change the music, it's not primordial for gameplay and if you don't want to use it, you don't need to. Kan in his playthrought never changed the music. andy did quite several times however, it all depends on person tastes. but im leaving that choice for people who will play the game. p.s. metal gear solid 4  had an ipod in it, that you could use to switch music anytime you want while enjoying the game, so if hideo kojima did it, a highly regarded game programmer, then I can do it as well!

- At the 12:22 mark in the video. It should read. I'm on a bloody vacation not I'm in a bloody vacation.

You are the 2nd person to report this, will fix!

- At the 29:25 mark in the video. The conveyor belts act strange when the character is on the left hand side next to a wall.

Already known. Since it doesn't break the game it will stay like that!

- At the 44:38 mark in the video. The word "worked" should be just "work".

I'll fix that!

- At the 44:38 mark in the video. The cloud diagonal edges act like a conveyor belt. LOL

Does the exact same thing in high rule tail. Not game breaking so will stay like that.

- So you are using micro computer chips as a replacement for the typical pots. Interesting........... choice.

Not a bug, so will stay like that.

- The moth boss who makes the backstabbing jokes is actually really funny! But I think you played it out a little too much.

Some people complained this boss long dialogue, including you, so will get shorten.

- For the deku plant, it might look more convening if you added more dummy plants in the scarecrow field. One plant is too obvious if you ask me.

I am not editing overworlds again, unless there's bugs! Will stay a solitary plant.

-  At the 1:13:36 mark in the video. You can use the hammer to make a splash effect in front of Conker's house. I think in the original game that it was raining outside so if this was the effect you were going for then okay. But really if you added the rain overlay that the game has that might make the effect complete.

Isn't game breaking, so will stay like that. Who the fuck uses his hammer in a overworld area with no enemies. Oh I see Erock likes to try that! Razz

-  At the 1:14:32 mark in the video. I swear that the colors on the shy guy flying enemies changed several times.

Erock's Beta Testing BBqwfWG

That can be fixed by using the same palette for sprites in two adjacent areas. Will fix.

- At the 1:18:18 mark in the video. So the rings have been replaced with "ASM Hooks", but yet they still are rings. There is a problem with this idea. When you make a video game, you want people to understand what's going on. If you ask 1 million people, 99% of them will know what a ring is. But if you ask 1 million people what a ASM Hook is, only 1% will know that. Plus ASM code is like an item that is not tangible thing. Tangible means that you can physically touch it, and its hard to think of touching or holding "assembly code". You tried to patch it up with an explanation in one of the dialogs that the rings are really the code, but it just doesn't work. LOL My recommendation is to drop the idea of the 7 ASM Hooks and replace it with something more tangible. For example, why not make them Dragon Balls (Dragon Ball Z) or Infinity Stone (Marvel Avengers- Thanos).

Erock's Beta Testing 36iYu2E

There's no way I'm going to edit that star wars intro, all text dialogues and endings related to the asm hooks...sorry! Will change the rings into asm hooks! So they will no longer be ring gfx, asm hooks gfx... A five minutes change, end of the story Very Happy

- In the beanstalk cloud dungeon, its hard to find the exit when trying to leave. Maybe put two lanterns around the exit/entrance so that its an identifier mark or something.

I was gonna keep it like that until I saw Patty report the same thing. You guys think alike! Will fix...

- At the 1:27:48 mark in the video. The SPC normal audio stopped working a few times in the area with the timer.

Everyone who playtested the game reported it so far. Will get this fixed, if I can figure out what's going on.

- At the 1:32:33 mark in the video. You used the word "backtrack" in a text dialog. Try to find a different word because everyone hates backtracking in games and so the word has a negative connotation associated with it. Say something like "sometimes revisiting dungeons can reveal hidden secrets" or something like that.

Will use your suggestion thanks!

- At the 1:33:24 mark in the video. A crab enemy hit me and turned me invisible and then I was put onto another layer and glitched out and then was soft locked.

Ahh a softlock, finally something! Will investigate, that's really strange!

- You changed the dash boots so that there is no delay when using them. This is kind of questionable because that 1 second delay is what prepares you for your dash. Without that delay its weird. I don't know if that change is for the better or not because everyone is so used to the delay that you have to rethink your entire Zelda 3 skill set.

Everyone complained about this. The boots kick off speed will be restored...but only because it breaks the hoverboots glitch all speedrunners are using to hover over pits! What's is funny though...my change apparently broke a speedrunner glitch.... So I will re-introduce a bug in the next version hahahaha

- At the 1:50 :30 mark in the video. A fish enemy (waterbug) glitches out and slides off screen.

Erock's Beta Testing Gz3pfES

Meh, the fish had enough of this dungeon and wanted to go back to his faimily. Will likely stay like that!

- At the 1:51:16 mark in the video. I cannot dash and collect a heart/rupee/cash at the same time. Maybe its because I don't have my sword yet.

Yeah you need a sword to dash collect these!

- At the 1:51:37 mark in the video. The torch won't light. Glitch.

A one in a million chance bug that Erock got! Couldn't reproduce it, always light on all my playthoughs. But it did light on your second try. Will stay as is!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Beta Testing Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Erock's Beta Testing Empty Re: Erock's Beta Testing

Post by Erockbrox Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 18:36

Here is Part 2.

I still will wait until I've finished my play through before I watch others play it.

Some highlights:

- At the 17:50 mark in the video. I managed to kill a the Strong Mimic with the Lighter. I don't think is was meant to be possible, but I glitched it by spamming the Lighter. Very interesting.

Meh.

- Some of the rooms are just reskins of the same rooms in CHRT. I can help with this and redesign some stuff. Just let me know.

I thought the game was remade enough....it doesn't have to be a 100% remake though.

- In the old "retro dungeon CHRT" reskinned as the dessert Egypt dungeon with the 5 key blocks in a row, I could never beat and this dungeon and find all the 5 keys.

Yes, what's your question?

- Sometimes when I'm making the Deku Seed sphere (red cane of somaria) Conker's tail disappears instead of making that sphere/push-able block. I swear this never happened in CHRT.
-At the 49:35 mark in the video. If Conker slams into a wall while running his tail sprite takes priority over some other tiles which should have priority. LOL

Tail bugs won't be fixed. Conn is absent from this project and I won't ask Euclid to fix Conn stuff. Not game breaking so will stay like that sorry :-P

- At the 40:50 mark in the video. If you die in the dessert area then the HDMA effect is still in effect when you re-spawn in Conkers house.

Already known, not game breaking so will stay as is!

- At the 45:00 mark in the video. You can hear a "ring" sound in this room indicating that there is a chest somewhere, but its actually in the next room over and there is no actual chest in this room.

That's a compass.asm bug that I'll fix, andy and patty also reported.

- At the 53:00 mark in the video. There are some small moldurm enemies which have glitched graphics pretty much every time I enter this room.

Will investigate!

- The Fire Rod and Lighter need to be carefully planned. Technically the Lighter is a better weapon than the Fire Rod (uses less magic but same power) so if the Fire Rod is not really required in the game then there is no sense in getting it. This was resolved in CHRT because there were 4 lanterns/torches in a row which 100% required the Fire Rod to light. If you don't have something similar in this game then the Fire Rod is a useless item to obtain. So think about it.

Firerod is required to beat some puzzles. Nothing to see here, move along!

- At the 57:40 mark in the video. Conker gets a heart container, but the graphics are of the DNA sequence Assassins Creed thing from CHRT. LOL

Easy fix, will get fixed.

- At the 1:00:58 mark in the video. Typo. The word through should be though
Let me explain. Through means you go through something like a window or a tunnel. Though is used as in, the game is good though there are still some bugs.

You could try explaining to mee the difference between those two words for years but not being an english native speaker will make me make that typo most of the rest of my lifetime. Will fix.

- At the 1:13:00 mark in the video. In the Teddiz don't get caught room, there are pots which are not even solid and it doesn't make any senses why you can just walk all over them.

Will fix!

- If you put in some dark rooms then okay, but too many dark rooms and then the game becomes claustrophobic and isn't as fun.

Will reduce number of dark rooms in earlier dungeon levels, but will keep them in in late dungeon levels.

- The magic mirror in the original alttp was given to the player early on so that they could escape from a dungeon the quick way at any time. In your game this item is given way late in the game and I actually killed myself on purpose in one dungeon just because I wanted to get out quick (the firerod dungeon). So you might want to rethink that design.

I won't rethink anything with that item. It's used to warp you to the endgame in overworlds....so...will stay as it is right now.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 18:16

That music player was supposed to be an easter egg which I put in trying to figure out if I could switch music (MSU specifically) during the ganon fight, then retrofited it to make it work for non-msu.

Turns out I could, but too lazy to implement it.

The old conker's mighty poo song was so not the inspiration Suspect
Euclid
Euclid

Erock's Beta Testing Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 18:54

Beta Part 3

Comments and highlights from part 3 beta testing:

- At the 18:51 mark in the video. You can dig on the wooden bridge with the shovel. LOL
Already know, will fix.

- At the 34:20 mark in the video. There is this strange glitch that happens. When you create a deku seed sphere and you throw it, if you are dashing at the same time, when the deku seed stops then you stop, even when you are at full dashing speed. Where is Conn when you need him?
Strange glitches that probably won't be fixed since they don't break the game. Conn is retired! He's enjoying the life after Zelda rom hacking...you know the next stage you and me are both heading towards too!

- At the 56:28 mark in the video. This one room in the former "jedi dungeon", has got some problems. The way the torches are located, you can't even light the torches. Just watch me in the video, I'm trying to light the torch with the firerod and I can't. I repeat I cannot light a torch because there isn't enough room. The flame from my firerod will not connect with the torch because of the small space that the player is confined to. You might want to re-design this room and reconfigure it so that it works better.
Already know, will fix.

- At the 1:22:33 mark in the video. Typo. Dark Link says, "How would you like to be die". This is a typo. It should read, "How would you like to die".
Already reported by all other playtesters, will fix!

- At the 1:25:45 mark in the video. On the over-world there is this one tile which you can walk over but if you slash it with your sword it really is a bush. This tile repeats itself a few times in other places.
Already reported by all other playtesters, will fix!

- When I exited the "jedi dungeon" I entered some other part of the overworld and it was confusing because, I was like.............. how the F does this make sense. I thought I was existing back to the entrance of the "Jedi dungeon" but I wasn't.
You made it to the backdoor of the dungeon! Congratulations! Blue3

Last edited by Erockbrox on Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 21:56; edited 4 times in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 19:54

Euclid wrote:That music player was supposed to be an easter egg which I put in trying to figure out if I could switch music (MSU specifically) during the ganon fight, then retrofited it to make it work for non-msu.

Turns out I could, but too lazy to implement it.

The old conker's mighty poo song was so not the inspiration Suspect
Zarby new music editor in the works will allow me to change all vanilla Alttp songs, so I will change all the original music that plays by default in dungeons and overworlds. I will also expend the custom tracks list as there is enough space in the rom.

I think I might have enough freespace to have as much spc songs as they are msu songs, so it should be a much interesting open beta after I'm done with the closed one!

@ Erock: I have finished watching Andy/Patty/Kan up to where they are and also finished watching your two first video. Rather then making new post replies I've edited your posts to tell you what's going to be fixed/changed.

Thanks and keep going! Very Happy

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 23:08

Beta Part 4

- At the 9:09 mark in the video. There is some serious lag in some of those roman black and white areas on the over-world. It seems like the chain chomp and the fuzzy stack are both very taxing on the SNES cpu. You might want to choose different enemies or remove some of the already existing enemies.
Already know, will fix.

- At the 16:08 mark in the video. There are these skeleton enemies that drop down the shoot their heads off at you. Sometimes these guys glitch out and their bodies disappear.
Already know, will remain as is.

- I'm pretty confident that when you are dashing that your magic meter does NOT charge up. So if you are running around thinking you are charging your magic meter you are not.
Not game breaking, won't fix.

- The clues that are given through out the journey and then referred to again in the parallel dungeon could be simplified by just giving the clues in the parallel dungeon. In other words just give the clues in the same dungeon where the clue apply.
Will stay as is.

- At the 55:30 mark in the video. So you touch the chair "throne" and get messages that explain the story. So this was confusing me for me because there is nobody in the chair so I thought nothing was there. While watching Andy's gameplay it does indeed say "touch the throne" to get messages, but I didn't know that meant the empty chair. I'm just saying that this doesn't seem that obvious to do this and yet this is where a lot of important information is.
Will stay as is.

- Also when talking to the chair there is a typo. You don't say "holds the world apart" you say "holds the world together". Apart means separated, together means as a whole.
A typo. Will fix.

- There seems to be many things not explained. Like the Tardis phone booths. Shouldn't there be a Dr. Who explaining that you can use the Tardis?
Explained in the endings....

- There seems to be a lack of side quests and/or people to interact with and talk to on the over-world and such. Like in CHRT, you had the milk bar and people people at the strip club to interact with. It would be nice if you added in more Town People to the over-world that talked and gave hints and such.
No npcs sprites left. Will stay as is.

- It seems like you are making this game because CHRT did not appeal to everyone, so you are trying to make a more mild version of that game so that it will appeal to more people. But my question is, how do you plan on achieving this? Are you still going to put more vulgar stuff in the game. You have a piss pond with Chuck Norris in it. Are you going to change this to be less vulgar? Are you still putting in memes and such from other places/characters/games/pop culture? It's hard for me to understand your grand vision with this one. In CHRT the vision was clear, but I don't know what your trying to achieve with this one. Keep in mind that the original Conker's Bad Fur Day was not a game meant for all audiences.
Meh.

- In dungeon 5 (dessert) I had a hard time finding those hidden keys because everything is a dark room.
That's the whole purpose.

- At the 1:51:45 mark in the video. I soft lock myself with the pegs and bumpers. The funny thing about this Seph is that you figured out how to debug this puzzle by putting a gap in the middle of the bumpers, but somehow you didn't do that here. LOL
Will fix.

Last edited by Erockbrox on Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 17:40; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 20:36

Beta Part 5

- At the 12:50 mark in the video. I go north in the door but then some layering problems happen and I get soft-locked. This never happened to me in CHRT in this area.
Already known, will fix.

- At the 27:35 mark in the video. The don't panic icon looks very similar to the ice rod graphic. It might be confusing because it looks very similar. Also when you hit the X button the item talks to you (but has nothing to say) because it really is the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy thing.
Will fix the "X" button, but will keep same gfx for the item.

- At the 29:20 mark in the video. When I go through the door again I slip onto another layer and then I get soft-locked. Same problem as before but another room.
Already known, will fix.

- At the 41:45 mark in the video. In the (former gear dungeon) there is a warp tile with spikes surrounding it. With the special Tail then you can walk through the spikes, but when I do this I still take damage. I think the solution is to spread the spikes out a little bit and not to have them bunched up so close. This needs to be debugged. I don't think this is a programming problem all you have to do is redesign the placement of the spikes.
Already known, will fix.

- At the 1:00:20 mark in the video. This room is kind of complicated. Like when I finally got the key at the end of the room I ended up just pressing START and END so that I didn't have to go through the same room backwards. You might want to just make it better design wise.
Meh.

- At the 1:17:50 mark in the video. This one room, I kept on missing this one particular room in my play through over and over again and I saw Patty playing this on Twitch and it was at this exactly spot and I was like "where is this darn room"
Meh.

- At the 1:20:20 mark in the video. This is the thwamp boss from the retro dungeon and the problem here is that this one room is located very far away from the rest of the dungeon. Almost like its not even part of the dungeon that it belongs to. Like after you beat this boss then you get teleported way back where you where a while ago. It's like you beat the boss then get sent somewhere else not located anywhere near the place that you were before you fought the boss.
Meh.

- At the 1:29:30 mark in the video. You find "useless" asm hooks........ LOLOLOLOL. I love finding useless things. My fav thing to look for is something that is useless.
Meh.

- At the 1:31:55 mark in the video. I tested the dive ability on the overworld map in the bamboo area. I was able to glitch something and walk on water like Jesus.
Already known, won't fix.

- At the 1:35:05 mark in the video. If you freeze water with the icerod it looks like this.

Erock's Beta Testing QtIupiv
Already known, will fix.

- At the 1:39:50 mark in the video. Getting this chest is really strange. Like its really difficult to understand this puzzle in the dark and its frustrating. Like its too complicated.
Meh.

- At the 1:54:04 mark in the video. I rage quit!
Okay.

Last edited by Erockbrox on Sun 9 Feb 2020 - 3:44; edited 2 times in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 22:01

Beta Part 6

- At the 12:50 mark in the video. I open a chest and get like $100 out of it. But the interesting thing is that I never had to use any of my money for the entire game. This just doesn't make any sense. What's the point of money if you don't have anything to spend it on. Yes, I know you nuked the magic shop, but still you might want to put in a few things where you buy stuff.
Money is used for the shops but those were disabled in the beta because of potions bugs.

- At the 15:50 mark in the video. I'm using my fire-rod to break the ice shell on the boss, but apparently you changed this and now you melt ice with the ice-rod. Makes sense right? I'm so glad that the ice-rod can melt ice blocks and then a big ice formation, because doesn't ice melt ice right?

Here I looked it up on google

Erock's Beta Testing DtqOSWC
Won't change...

- At the 1:12:17 mark in the video. I got the light saber in dungeon 2. This was only because I got the bat in the other sword dungeon first. It's nothing game breaking but it was kind of weird. But what do you expect if you can do any dungeon in any order.
Alternative chest items, not a bug, nothing to fix here.

Erock's Beta Testing HOCt7OK

- At the 1:27:30 mark in the video. I think the fish just hopped over to the "bottle girl" big goron lady and it glitched out displaying two messages. LOL

Not really a glitch, there's two invisible sprites there. You touched both at the same time. Won't fix...

Last edited by Erockbrox on Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 22:38

Beta Part 7

- At the 3:57 mark in the video. So the boomerange doesn't go over the small rails from the north but it does from the west. But its the same tile graphic. A little bit inconsistent here.

Erock's Beta Testing RHBd7O0
Like that on purpose.

- At the 15:10 mark in the video. It looks like the church building was made from the remains of the Simpsons house. LOL
It wasn't.

- At the 22:36 mark in the video. I beat Dr. Dorf at the church, but then after I beat him it looks like the game just crashed. Black screen.
Already known, will fix.

- At the 25:11 mark in the video. I used the Gannon's hideout password in the purple lodge and then all of the sudden the whole game started lagging a lot.
Lag issues won't be fixed.

Last edited by Erockbrox on Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 21:40; edited 2 times in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 0:51

Beta Part 8

*Finished*

- At the 1:20 mark in the boss rush. In the room transition there is some sort of glitched graphics.
Won't fix.

- At the 5:12 mark in the video. Typo. "didn't I killed you already" should be "didn't I kill you already"

Here is an example:

Past tense: Where is Jimmy? Jimmy is dead. I killed him.
Present tense: Where is Jimmy? The next time I see Jimmy I'm going to kill him.
Future tense: Where is Jimmy? I will kill Jimmy the next time we meet.
Already changed that monologue into something else.

- At the 6:28 mark in the video. I kill Dr. Dorf again in another location and when he dies at the end he starts glitching out. I think Conn fixed this at one time. Like the boss still thinks that it should attack me even though its been defeated.

- The bat incarnation of Gannon which breaks the hole in the floor disappears strangely behind some tiles while flying, right before he crashes into the floor. (tile priority issue)

Last edited by Erockbrox on Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 22:01; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 4:12

Erock's Beta Testing IO78OxA
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 7:45

And your point being? No I won't add dragon balls... Razz

I'll continue watching your playthrough in a few weeks, I no longer have internet at home, but will continue giving my thoughts when you add your comments.

Thanks for your playtest, much appreciated, I have enough fixes to do for at least one more month! Embarassed

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 3 Feb 2020 - 17:45

*Comments for Part 4 added*

Put in Infinity stones as a substitute for the ASM hooks "rings" and instead of using Gannon, use Thanos.

Erock's Beta Testing 33-332007_thanos-pixel-art
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 8:41

Wouldn't make much sense either to have 20 infinity stones....when there's only six of them.

Have you looked at ganon sprites? Uses too many graphics for me to attempt a custom sprite of Thanos!

I would save all those changes you want me to change for your own update of the hack, once I'm done with it....because I seriously have no interest in remaking things I already remade, just to please yourself. Keep that in mind!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 22:47

Have you looked at ganon sprites? Uses too many graphics for me to attempt a custom sprite of Thanos!

I would be getting my pixel artist to draw a 100% custom Thanos that uses the same tiles as Gannon.

The only reason why I'm thinking this is a good idea is because Gannon has already been used too much. So why no something a little different.

Also what about turning the dark world chickens into black crows.

Erock's Beta Testing UnQtYoV

And the bean stalk reminds me of Jack and the Bean Stalk. Now there are some interesting things about Jack and the Bean Stalk, he has a cow, collects a golden harp (which we have) and a goose which lays golden eggs.

Maybe we can put those ideas into the bean stalk dungeon or something.

Erock's Beta Testing 4rTpebB

Wouldn't make much sense either to have 20 infinity stones....when there's only six of them.

Each Universe only has 6 infinity stones, but we live in a Parallel Universe. This means that there are many different Universes, each one containing 6 infinity stones. You can travel from Universe to Universe collecting them thus having more than 6 in total.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 8:21

The crows idea is good and fitting the scarecrow.

This isn't jack and the magic bean...

The game is taking place in Deloz...same planet...

I'll keep Ganon thought...fits my upcoming thematics.

No more details, because the more details you have the more suggestions I get from you Wink

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 5 Feb 2020 - 19:40

Erock's Beta Testing D8CEiZH
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 8:31

LOL

Won't make it to 20 years, 18 years is good enough thank you.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 9 Feb 2020 - 3:45

Beta Part 5 comments have been added.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 10:12

Already fixed most things I'd say I'd fix in this thread, will strike what has been done after work.

Also fixed all of Patty, Andy and kan found bugs.

Euclid fixed potions hdma...will be missing to tone down the bosses...credits...and the msu1 pack by qwertymodo.

Will await the rest of your comments for your last three videos!

Open beta won't be too far away...

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 22:03

The rest of the comments have been added.

If you want to do custom sprite graphics for some of the monsters using their original graphics just let me know the details.

If I remember correctly the sprites use 7 colors + 1 transparency. So I hope this still applies. But I am confused on some sprites because it seems like some sprites can use custom colors (zombie in resident evil dungeon) and others cannot (pokie in temple because hes purple).

Also in my Erock dungeon design threads, I literally have an entire games worth of dungeon ideas, but after playing Milk Utopia it doesn't seem like you pulled from those ideas that much.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 11:39

My rest of answers have been added as well.

Beside fixing bugs, there's nothing else worth changing. I am tired of this project. I just want to release the game with softlocks and bugs fixed, then retire from that remaking business.

Do as you wish with custom sprites, its 7 colors+transparent and all sprites can have custom colors.

I didn't used your puzzle threads much because didn't felt like remaking everything.  I could have dedicated hundred more hours for dungeons remakes, but then whats the point....wouldnt bring me closer to my goal of finishing this game in the beginning of 2020.

Thanks for your beta testing anyways, that was the whole purpose of the beta!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 12 Feb 2020 - 20:41

But wait a min.....

Puzzledude wrote:At the very minimum you need at least two people for a zelda 3 rom hack. One person for the overworlds and one for the dungeons

So you could team up with me and I can put in the hours to make some interesting dungeons.

If we combine our powers together there will be no equal in the universe. It's not about releasing a game its about releasing a good game.

When the open beta starts we will look at what the players say.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 13 Feb 2020 - 8:38

The universe is vast and large. I'm sure in 5 billion years there must have been many many talented teams already. But its way too late to team up at this point. In a Parallel Universe we already teamed up to create something tangible that match your seal of quality...

But I'll stick with my own dungeons in this universe for I am not going to wait for your seal of approval to release this game. If I remember correctly, you strongly disagreed to this project rebirth at first, so you should stick to your initial thought.

Besides I already teamed up with skuj to create him the overworld of his dreams while he's building his dungeons...and I fear I won't finish my assigment ever, so long as I'm stuck with my Conker remake, so I must kindly refuse your proposal, but would still say your are welcome to continue working on the project after I am done with my version, I'll just take the quickest exit I can!

Thanks!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 15 Feb 2020 - 12:52

The game still could use a little help in some areas. I'm here for you if you want to make it a good game.

But yeah, I'm pretty confident that we in general are a little burnt out on the hobby. Because we have been doing it for so long.

Take breaks and take care Seph.

Erock's Beta Testing MbxRsrj
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next