How are you?

Go down

How are you? Empty How are you?

Post by Polargames Thu 7 May 2020 - 19:25

Hello everyone,

I know this is a crazy time were in right now, but how are all of you doing? Are things well? What hobbies if any have you been doing in your free time?
Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

How are you? Empty Re: How are you?

Post by scawful Fri 8 May 2020 - 7:07

Surprisingly I've found myself doin pretty well through all of this. I've still got a job and my company gives us hazard pay. I'm also finishing up my semester of online courses next week.

I've mostly been working on programming in C and C++, practicing the piano, skateboarding when it is nice outside and playing animal crossing with my girlfriend. Just in the last few days I started picking back up hacking Zelda 3 and checking this forum again.
scawful
scawful

How are you? Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 8 May 2020 - 20:16

moegami wrote:Surprisingly I've found myself doin pretty well through all of this. I've still got a job and my company gives us hazard pay. I'm also finishing up my semester of online courses next week.

I've mostly been working on programming in C and C++, practicing the piano, skateboarding when it is nice outside and playing animal crossing with my girlfriend. Just in the last few days I started picking back up hacking Zelda 3 and checking this forum again.

I am very happy to hear that Smile, Glade you still have your job also. Is programming the degree your trying to get in school? If so that's cool Very Happy.

Piano, nice. Do you like to play classical, Ragtime, or Jazz music? I have tried to play the piano years ago, but could not get the hang of it.

Has the weather where your at been nice most of the time so you can have a lot of skate time? A friend of mine skates, but right now the weather has been very iffy so to speak where I am at.

Cool, Its never a bad thing to have some Nintendo time with your girl. Is animal crossing both a favorite game game for you and your gf? Zelda 3 hacking, What kind of project are you working on?

For me, things have been ok. I have been helping out my mom a lot because she has dislocated her knee badly, but she is doing well other wise. I have been playing video games myself, and listing to music. I go outside when I can as well. I play in photo shop, and just trying to make sense of this whole crazy issue the world is facing right now? I will be honest, I never though that something like this would ever happen.
Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 9 May 2020 - 3:23

I keep telling myself i am going to make new PCM packs i have been wanting to do, but right now my main hobby is doing nothing. It has been nice being on break from school. Last semester took a lot out of me.

As for the crazy life, i am actually doing great and my wife and i both have work still. Hope everyone else is doing well too.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

How are you? Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 9 May 2020 - 16:42

JUD6MENT wrote:I keep telling myself i am going to make new PCM packs i have been wanting to do, but right now my main hobby is doing nothing. It has been nice being on break from school. Last semester took a lot out of me.

As for the crazy life, i am actually doing great and my wife and i both have work still. Hope everyone else is doing well too.

Well, with all of the PCM's you have done, I think you deserve to do nothing. lol. Don't feel to bad you'll make your PCMs Smile . For school did you get on the dean's list? and is the current plain from the last time you told me, still what your school is doing?

Where I am at, Schools are on hold until September if everything works out. Also Some of our well known colleges are actually laying off teachers and staff.

Really happy that you and your wife still have your jobs Very Happy .
Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 9 May 2020 - 17:41

Actually yes, i got 6 solid A grades.

My school is proceeding online until further notice. No lay offs as far as i know.

So what kind of games you playing at the moment? I have been playing overwatch as i love that game and aslo Wind Waker. I have never finished wind waker because i find the sea so dull and the gameplay to simple, but i am forcing myself to finish one of the last zelda games i have unbeaten. Hope my opinion does not enrage a reader, wind waker is very popular but it is not my favorite.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

How are you? Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 9 May 2020 - 22:16

JUD6MENT wrote:Actually yes, i got 6 solid A grades.

My school is proceeding online until further notice. No lay offs as far as i know.

So what kind of games you playing at the moment? I have been playing overwatch as i love that game and aslo Wind Waker. I have never finished wind waker because i find the sea so dull and the gameplay to simple, but i am forcing myself to finish one of the last zelda games i have unbeaten. Hope my opinion does not enrage a reader, wind waker is very popular but it is not my favorite.

Awesome! Congrats, See your as great at school just like what your are at pcm's. Very Happy
Ok, cool, I am happy that everything is still on track. Also happy that so far for you no lay offs to.

The games I have been playing have been FF7R, I beat that game a while ago, just doing some side quest and minor stuff. I also have played SMB3 on SNES and I finally
beat it on SNES. That was the one game like what your doing for zelda that I had not beaten until now. I also played a mixture of arcade games and some old ps1 games.

No, I understand, that is a very valid point in wind waker. I have not played it in a long time, but its a fun game. Are you playing it on a OG NGC or are your using an emulator?

You should be find, I have talked to a lot of gamers and they all have Zelda titles that they do not link. Most of the time its Twilight Princess that most did not quite care for. But that is just their opinion. Other then that, Zelda is one of the few games that don not have quite a battle on what is better. Not like SMB3 and SMW.
Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Sun 10 May 2020 - 14:24

Polargames wrote:
I am very happy to hear that Smile, Glade you still have your job also. Is programming the degree your trying to get in school? If so that's cool Very Happy.

Piano, nice. Do you like to play classical, Ragtime, or Jazz music? I have tried to play the piano years ago, but could not get the hang of it.

Has the weather where your at been nice most of the time so you can have a lot of skate time? A friend of mine skates, but right now the weather has been very iffy so to speak where I am at.

Cool, Its never a bad thing to have some Nintendo time with your girl.  Is animal crossing both a favorite game  game for you and your gf?  Zelda 3 hacking, What kind of project are you working on?

I am going for computer science yeah. All I've been playing on the piano has been zelda songs and easy things out of a piano for beginners book that I have. Weather has been pretty good out here some days have been chilly but I've gotten way more practice in the last month than I got all winter. Also my girlfriend and I started playing animal crossing together with new leaf when we started dating so it holds some sentimental value to me.

My project is the Oracle of Secrets hack that you can find threads on in the hacking section and I've got a link to my little progress blog in my signature. I've been working on it on and off for many years but I'm hoping this extra time in side will help me make progress towards finishing it. I've also recently been working with the hyrule magic source code trying to add new features and hopefully fix the bugs that have plagued us for years.
scawful
scawful

How are you? Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 10 May 2020 - 23:26

moegami wrote:
Polargames wrote:

Cool, Its never a bad thing to have some Nintendo time with your girl.  Is animal crossing both a favorite game  game for you and your gf?  Zelda 3 hacking, What kind of project are you working on?

I am going for computer science yeah. All I've been playing on the piano has been zelda songs and easy things out of a piano for beginners book that I have. Weather has been pretty good out here some days have been chilly but I've gotten way more practice in the last month than I got all winter. Also my girlfriend and I started playing animal crossing together with new leaf when we started dating so it holds some sentimental value to me.

My project is the Oracle of Secrets hack that you can find threads on in the hacking section and I've got a link to my little progress blog in my signature. I've been working on it on and off for many years but I'm hoping this extra time in side will help me make progress towards finishing it. I've also recently been working with the hyrule magic source code trying to add new features and hopefully fix the bugs that have plagued us for years.

That's Awesome, I wish you the best of luck for your degree. Very Happy

Nice, Zelda songs, Which one have you been playing the most? Are there any favorite songs of yours from the beginners book as well?

Chilly weather, I understand, Where I am at we are cold also. It kinda sucks because I really like the nice weather outside lol. Happy that you got a lot of practice thought. That is always a good thing.

That is very cool that you and your gf have something like that. Its the little things in life that can make something even more wonderful then what it was. How far have you and your gf completed in Animal Crossing?

Nice, I will check it out for sure. I really do hope you can get your project done. Now when you said bugs, are you talking about the ones in snes zelda, or the ones that so far you found in your project?
Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Mon 11 May 2020 - 11:22

First song I learned from the astral observatory theme from Majora's Mask, and then the bass chords for that are pretty similar to the song of healing so I've also worked on that one as well as Zelda's lullaby. A lot of the songs from the piano book are fine I'm just not as emotionally attached to them as the zelda songs. Stuff like yankee doodle or lightly row is good for practice but doesn't inspire much passion.

My girlfriend has made much more progress than I have in her animal crossing town having completed more of her house and doing more exterior decorating but I'm still doin pretty well too. I'm modeling my town after Balmora from TES3 Morrowind.

Hyrule Magic has it's own bugs related to how it handles things like dialogue overflow data and dungeon pointers that can cause corruption of a rom if you're not careful so the main goal is to address those so people complain about the editor less. Plus it's just a good intellectual exercise working with nearly 20 year old code.

JUD6MENT wrote:So what kind of games you playing at the moment? I have been playing overwatch as i love that game and aslo Wind Waker. I have never finished wind waker because i find the sea so dull and the gameplay to simple, but i am forcing myself to finish one of the last zelda games i have unbeaten. Hope my opinion does not enrage a reader, wind waker is very popular but it is not my favorite.

I totally agree with you about wind waker. I think it's got a great atmosphere but the gameplay does not hold up very well in my opinion and the seafaring can get old really fast. Lately I've been replaying majora's mask and I much prefer how to the point that game is in terms of progression and exploration. There's a lot you can do in a smaller area. The great sea feels very empty while termina has diverse unique character interactions on a schedule.
scawful
scawful

How are you? Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 11 May 2020 - 18:15

Awesome, that is one of my favorite songs, but I really like Majora's mask the most. Its one of my favorite Zelda games, Also have it on the 3ds also. Both versions are really good imo.

Yankee doodle and lightly roe, man I give you credit on playing those. I would not even make it past Yankee Doodle, but that is just me.

That's great, I really like Animal Crossings relaxed way of progress. It makes one feel not in so much of a hurry of beating it because its just very fun. I do wish you the best on your town. How far have you built it? Also I did not know animal crossing had large areas of land?

Oh, I see, Its like msu'ing a game. Got to make sure NRI's are all in the line correct. Also could you use said program to rebuild ALTTP?

Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanya Sat 23 May 2020 - 10:52

I'm doing fine.
Thank you for asking! :3
How are you?
Vanya
Vanya
Bee
Bee

Since : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 28 May 2020 - 14:39

Vanya wrote:I'm doing fine.
How are you?
Your welcome :-D, I am doing fine. The weather by me has cooled down after a bad heat wave. Things are slowly opening up here, but we have a high number of cases still in my area.
Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanya Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 4:08

Polargames wrote:
How are you?
Your welcome :-D, I am doing fine. The weather by me has cooled down after a bad heat wave. Things are slowly opening up here, but we have a high number of cases still in my area.

Have things improved any since then?
I moved right before everything started and my old neighborhood had the highest concentration of cases in my county. Dodged a bullet there.
On the other hand some time ago I was able to get an antibody test and came up positive. My friends are assuming I had the it, but I reminded them that it was a corona virus antibody test so I could have had the flu or a bad cold and it still would register.
Vanya
Vanya
Bee
Bee

Since : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 23 Aug 2020 - 16:13

Vanya wrote:
Polargames wrote:
How are you?

Have things improved any since then?
I moved right before everything started and my old neighborhood had the highest concentration of cases in my county. Dodged a bullet there.
On the other hand some time ago I was able to get an antibody test and came up positive. My friends are assuming I had the it, but I reminded them that it was a corona virus antibody test so I could have had the flu or a bad cold and it still would register.

Well, they did for a bit, but as soon as the soft opening in my area started up well things went downhill fast. One place that is quite far from he just broke 23,000 cases so far with about 400 dead. Where I am at we had about almost 1,000 cases, but on 5 deaths. Other places around me have gone sky high in numbers.

We also had some schools and colleges reopening, that was a mistake. A few colleges had to shut down quickly because students where having parties. So that rose numbers up for us.

Covid-19 anti body test came back positive for you. You might have been exposed to the virus, but are a systematic to it. I honestly think a lot of people have anti bodies for it due to it being a virus. How accurate are the anti body testings? I keep being told they are very good to not worth the time. So I am not 100% sure?
Polargames
Polargames

How are you? Image112

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum