Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Empty Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Image2

Patch Download v1.0:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1fFfzukt_NaBV8JSd1HZTRuMxiC2wkCAh

Patch (via ups patcher) to The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (USA) no header (1024KB)

Zelda's wish has had a different outcome than expected, leading to a world not so different from her original...

-Minor over world modifications
-All dungeons were modified
-Medium difficulty

Enjoy

Update version 1.0.2: Changed Ganon's Tower to eliminate possible softlock.

Last edited by SkierLink on Sun 31 Jan 2021 - 0:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with the latest version)
SkierLink

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Image213

Since : 2020-06-27

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past :: Comments

Post Sun 3 Jan 2021 - 4:05 by Floki

Edited your entry so it matches the rest of the hacks in the database, otherwise thanks for sharing!

It looks like a fun game to play and Alttp definately needs more hacks out there!  Smile

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 18 Jan 2021 - 23:01 by JUD6MENT

I just looked at some gameplay on youtube, this seems like the right level of "hard mode" that i would want. Some of these other ones are just too dang much. I will have to give this a try.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 9:53 by M1CR0H4CK3R

Floki wrote:Edited your entry so it matches the rest of the hacks in the database, otherwise thanks for sharing!

It looks like a fun game to play and Alttp definately needs more hacks out there!  Smile

I hate to do this, but...

By the way, I'm completely lost after beating Thieves' Hideout. I have the flippers now, so I assumed that my next target should be the Swamp Palace, but I seem to have hit a dead end with the second locked door there, as defeating all enemies in any room does nothing. The first water-raising switch is just beyond the door, but I have no idea how to get the key...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 10:26 by Conn

I hate to do this, but...
I hate to ask this, but are you aware that the mother tongue of some users here is not English? I'd wonder about your skills in French/German/Spanish...

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 10:33 by M1CR0H4CK3R

https://youtu.be/r3LPwWl8AUU?t=3822
There was a locked door here in my playthrough. I was playing on v1.0 instead of v1.02. I just updated, but I have saved with that key used. What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 11:25 by Conn

I'd temporarily cheat with
Infinite Small Keys 7EF36F04

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 18:24 by SkierLink

Did you find the key in the first room of the dungeon and the key requiring the red boomerang?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 11 Feb 2021 - 20:34 by M1CR0H4CK3R

SkierLink wrote:Did you find the key in the first room of the dungeon and the key requiring the red boomerang?
Yes. As I said, in my playthrough of v1.0, there was a locked door in the spot in the video I linked for me. Now I've got ANOTHER issue. There is a peg here in v1.02 of the game (but not in v1.01), but the moveable block next to it does not remember its position between rooms, making getting through the room after it impossible, making completion of the game impossible (no bow = no Ganon).

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 14:36 by Puzzledude

Now I've got ANOTHER issue. There is a peg here in v1.02 of the game (but not in v1.01), but the moveable block next to it does not remember its position between rooms, making getting through the room after it impossible, making completion of the game impossible (no bow = no Ganon).

You can get the bow in the big chest, it's just a different path. Here you go:

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow110

Dashjumping across
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow210

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow310

Get the key in chest by going on other warps before.
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow410

Hookshot through spike
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow510

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow610

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 14:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 14:43 by Puzzledude

Initial problem was this combo:
Can not pass this if the PegSwitch is not in the big room. It isn't, so can not pass this combo.
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Untitl10

In the 1.0 the blue peg was not there. So you could also use this path to get to the Bow.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 14:51; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 14:49 by Puzzledude

https://youtu.be/r3LPwWl8AUU?t=3822
There was a locked door here in my playthrough. I was playing on v1.0 instead of v1.02. I just updated, but I have saved with that key used. What should I do?

You should do nothing. It's irrelevant. Rooms are the same in both versions (1.0 and 1.02). The used key and unlocked door went to SRAM. So once you load the 1.02 the door will be unlocked if you renamed the SRM save file from 1.0 to 1.02 and thus preserved the save.

If the door is locked and the chest is opened and you don't have the key (unlikely variant, but still this could be your problem), then you need to temporarily cheat for small keys.

Thus you should not be mixing different versions of hacks on the same playthrough.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 19:16 by M1CR0H4CK3R

Puzzledude wrote:
Now I've got ANOTHER issue. There is a peg here in v1.02 of the game (but not in v1.01), but the moveable block next to it does not remember its position between rooms, making getting through the room after it impossible, making completion of the game impossible (no bow = no Ganon).

You can get the bow in the big chest, it's just a different path. Here you go:

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow110

Dashjumping across
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow210

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow310

Get the key i.n chest by going on other warps before.
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow410

Hookshot through spike
Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow510

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Bow610
I have not found a key to open the first locked door shown in your screenshots. Can you also post a list of the keys that can be found up to that point?

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 19:31 by M1CR0H4CK3R

Never mind. Found it.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 20:29 by Puzzledude

I have not found a key to open the first locked door shown in your screenshots. Can you also post a list of the keys that can be found up to that point?

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key0110

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key02a10

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key02b10

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key03a10

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key03b10

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key0410

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key0510

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key0610

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key0710

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key0810

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key0910

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1010

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1110

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1210

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1310

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1410

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1510

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1610

Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Key1710

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 21:17 by Quicksting

I am stuck in Light Dungeon 2, in the room right before where you would normally get the big key.

I'm not sure how to attach pics, so I'll just try to describe it? There's a laser guy near the middle of the room, and two enclosed areas on the upper-right and lower-right corners. There is an enemy in one of those areas. The door is closed, so I assume this enemy needs to die to open the door. I can't figure out how to reach him, though. Nothing I have has a hit box that can get over there.

Fun hack so far, btw. I'm enjoying the extra difficulty.

Edit: Oh my Lord. I got it. The bee outside the room lol. I was wondering why there was a bee there lol

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 23:48 by Puzzledude

Quicksting wrote:I am stuck in Light Dungeon 2, in the room right before where you would normally get the big key.

I'm not sure how to attach pics, so I'll just try to describe it? There's a laser guy near the middle of the room, and two enclosed areas on the upper-right and lower-right corners. There is an enemy in one of those areas. The door is closed, so I assume this enemy needs to die to open the door. I can't figure out how to reach him, though. Nothing I have has a hit box that can get over there.

Fun hack so far, btw. I'm enjoying the extra difficulty.

Edit: Oh my Lord. I got it. The bee outside the room lol. I was wondering why there was a bee there lol

Yes, the bee it is. With it you can defeat things from affar if you don't have a Fire medallion for instance. Also note, that hacks push the limit sometimes: so it is assumed you know the tricks: bee defeats from affar, dashing into walls makes you jump across pits, hookshoting through spikes, hookshot through pushable blocks while the block is moving to illogically hookshot through a solid block, dashjumping over warps, very difficult puzzles, freezing enemies and picking them up to throw to pegswitch, using walmasters to get keys, making invisible or trick objects, for instance a big statue which you can pick up (like in Goddess of Wisdom hack) etc.

If/when you finish this hack, try also Gerudo Exile, which was done by a speedrunner, and he really knows his business making all those very difficult puzzles. One is even a math text algebra one with 6 brothers.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 20:45 by GweiloGopher

Hey, good to see another romhack! Came out of nowhere, I didn't know that you were making one.

So far I've been enjoying it, I like the hints when it veers non-vanilla (even when using vanilla mechanics.

Although, I think I may have soft-locked. I went into the skull woods pit SE of the main entrance and I don't see a key or a way out of that room.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 23:22 by SkierLink

I'm glad you are enjoying it.

There is a key in that room. Partial direction shown below.

Left of the chest and facing north, hook-shot through the spike (need to be close to the spike and alignment isn't that easy). From there complete the spike maze. This was not the intended route, but I saw a video of someone doing it. I moved a key out of the room to promote exploration, but I forgot to make the shortcut easier to perform. In a future version I will adjust this room to allow easy access to the intended start of the spike maze and remove the shortcut. Thanks for the heads up.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 14:45 by GweiloGopher

Got it, thanks!

I think I may have softlocked in ice palace. After pushing the block down the hole in the big key door room, I switched to blue and went up. I then went out thru the big key door but seem to be stuck now. One path is blocked by a orange peg that is up (room with the eye laser and chest), the other path is blocked by big key door and orange pegs (blocking the hole). Do I need to restart?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 17:58 by SkierLink

You will have to mirror out, but the dungeon is still solvable. I will consider a way to change this, but what I am initially considering would change some of the logic.

At the top of the stairs, instead of going out the big key door, jump down the hole into the large pot below.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 21:50 by GweiloGopher

I've been stuck in skull woods for a while. I'm short a key and have felt like I've been in every room 5 times by now. In the final area (after fire rod to open), I don't have a key for that door. I watched Veetorp's Twitch VOD and he gets the same keys I got but he didn't use one on the door of the room with the spike maze I was stuck in earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 17 Feb 2021 - 18:23 by SkierLink

If you leave the part of the dungeon that requires the fire rod and enter the skull that of the previous part of the dungeon, head north (after changing the floor) and grab the key under a pot (floor drops the pot, so go quickly). I'm assuming you missed that key (although Veetorp did find that pot, but it's my best guess for which key you are missing).

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Feb 2021 - 20:07 by GweiloGopher

Working my way through Ganons Tower and found two small issues so far, otherwise it's been fun.Legend of Zelda - Echoes of the Past Untitl10

The first purple circle I walked into the room from the left, hookshotted down, picked up the pot, but then was shot into a pit, moving me back to the door on the left which was closed, but I had no way to hookshot to the rest of the room.

The second purple circle I went onto the warp (on the upper right corner I think) and got stuck diagonally in between those blocks.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 18 Feb 2021 - 21:58 by SkierLink

After getting the chest, you can bonk of the chest to go to a warp point. I guess I could change that to have a better flow to the room since the correct push block has been found.

I had moved that warp after warping into a block. Thanks, I'll make an adjustment to that area.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next