Why do we do what we do?

Go down

Why do we do what we do? Empty Why do we do what we do?

Post by Erockbrox Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 19:21

I know this may sound a little silly to ask but... why do we care about this game so much to the extent that we pretty much care to know everything that we physically possibly can?

I got into this because Zelda 3 was one of my favorite games and I wanted to honor the original game by making a rewrite (hack).

But I mean, what if you wrote a program (game) for some kids to play in the 90's and then 20 years later those kids grew up and are still playing it and studying the code and such. Wouldn't you think that is kind of strange?

Some of us probably care more about this game than the people who made it in the first place. LOL

I was just inspired really, but now I think I'm just doing it because I used to be inspired long ago.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Why do we do what we do? Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Why do we do what we do? Empty Re: Why do we do what we do?

Post by XaserLE Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 3:49

For me, what you set Erock, it's the next logical step. You can keep playing videogames your whole life or you can grew up an understand how video games are made, manipulating them, inject new code and reverse engineer it. I am not only hacking this game 24/7 and yes, i could code other things like websites, databases or such annoying things, but i decided to hack this game cause what i can learn by reverse engineering it is much more, it will bring my knowledge to the next level, every asm hack raises the bar. And by the way....i love when people see my monitor with the opened hex editor and say: "Man, wtf is that?!" Very Happy 

XaserLE

Why do we do what we do? Image111

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum