Super Turrican 2

Go down

Super Turrican 2 Empty Super Turrican 2

P A T C H   F I L E

Patch v10 (by Conn & PepilloPEV)*:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u2l5gc3wkeuz14w/SuperTurrican_2.rar/file
* If you use the stage select cheat code, you will get no music for the following two stages:
Stage 3-3 (water tunnel) and 3-4 (Manta Ray Boss Stage).
All other stages will play music w/o issue. If you play the game normal, all MSU-1 will play fine.

P C M   P A C K S

Turrican Anthology Sound Pack (by PepilloPEV)* Update#2 2021-04-15:
323MB
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L8F0YbQPMGNjr4TurG1kgDijM2qCMWx6/view?usp=sharing
* Per suggestions, I have changed Born to Be Wild (thanks Relikk for assist), Bullet Ride, and Minesweeper. The original stuff is inside the "alternates.rar" file.

st2-msu1-4 fix by Rockslam (song was halfway - completed and looped)
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1mt73bem0jon3x/st2-msu1-4.pcm/file

Last edited by pev on Wed 3 Jan 2024 - 13:03; edited 9 times in total
pev

Super Turrican 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Turrican 2 :: Comments

Post Sun 11 Apr 2021 - 23:50 by pev

@ToAll There is a graphical bug that is present in the stock ROM. Here is a video of the graphical bug in action.

I am just making you all aware of it to avoid false bug reports suspecting the MSU-1 code as the culprit.

Now, there were about five music tracks that were not found in the Turrican Anthology set. For those, I chose some other music from the Anthology to complete the set. I also included the SPC versions for these tracks too. You can find them in the alternate_tracks.rar file. There is a README.MD file for your reference for more information regarding this.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 12 Apr 2021 - 4:25 by Polargames

Well done. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Apr 2021 - 12:19 by VVV18

Thank you very much for your great work,
tested and working 100% around here,
thanks a lot, show !!!

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Mon 12 Apr 2021 - 12:56 by Retroplay

Fantastic, thank you Super Turrican 2 1f600

About that graphical bug, must be a Snes9x issue.
I didn't see it in BSNES and I don't ever recall it happened on real SNES.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 12 Apr 2021 - 13:08 by pev

Retroplay wrote:About that graphical bug, must be a Snes9x issue.
I didn't see it in BSNES and I don't ever recall it happened on real SNES.
I reproduced it on real hardware too. Same for bSnes. Not sure if it’s due to the enabled cheats during testing. I will try to reproduce in a non cheat environment.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 10:40 by Alopex

Can someone please help clear something up for me? I'd like to swap out the tracks added from other volumes of the anthology and put the originals back in, but I don't know how to proceed...

The file numbers in the alternate tracks folder don't match the default set, I replaced the song 'gas' just fine by replacing the track 8 with 108 from the alt set, but then I notice two tracks ending in 40, two files ending in 88, and as I can't seem to get pcm playback outside of loading the game itself, I don't know how I'm supposed to figure out what replaces what.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 11:58 by Conn

Sorry your message is too cryptic for me to decipher as non-native English speaker, but...
but then I notice two tracks ending in 40, two files ending in 88,
I don't think you can have two files with the same name in one folder (but as said, I don't understand your message).

I suggest using foobar to listen to the tracks, so you can figure out which track to replace with which.
I was collaborating with this patch, but I am absolutely unskilled when it comes to music, PepilloPev did the pcm I think and maybe has a track list. All you can hope for is him to return one day so he can answer your questions (hasn't been seen lately though) Sad

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 12:13 by Alopex

Conn wrote:
I suggest using foobar to listen to the tracks, so you can figure out which track to replace with which.

Don't worry, I have worked out what I needed to do now. Embarassed

The plugins I had installed in foobar were conflicting with each other, and wouldn't let me play the pcm files, I did a clean reinstall, and I can hear them now.

Sad to hear the guy who made the PCM files hasn't been seen for a while though. But thanks for your work on the pack!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 15:37 by Conn

Nicw that you were able to help yourself Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Rockslam

Post Mon 11 Apr 2022 - 23:57 by Rockslam

This was one of the MSU-1 I've been waiting for the most, it turned out really good. I only noticed that the track st2-msu1-4 had the song halfway through, so if you want i made it complete and looped. I hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Apr 2022 - 4:28 by Conn

Thanks, I added your fix to OP Wink

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 12 Apr 2022 - 4:34 by Relikk

The volume doesn't quite match Pev's original. There'll be a disparity there with the rest of the tracks.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Apr 2022 - 19:23 by Conn

Relikk wrote:The volume doesn't quite match Pev's original. There'll be a disparity there with the rest of the tracks.

Feel free to update the track and correct the link in OP if you want to, Relikk until Pev (maybe or maybe not) has the time to re-uplod his pack Smile

Back to top Go down

Rockslam

Post Wed 13 Apr 2022 - 1:10 by Rockslam

Relikk wrote:The volume doesn't quite match Pev's original. There'll be a disparity there with the rest of the tracks.

Oops friend, I noticed how loud it is, I turned down the volume a little. Check it out please. Same download link.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 13 Apr 2022 - 6:06 by Conn

Updated OP again, hope this is better Smile

Back to top Go down