Shin Megami Tensei I and II

Go down

Shin Megami Tensei I and II Empty Shin Megami Tensei I and II

Post by AlfredoDore Mon 28 Jun 2021 - 9:32

Shin Megami Tensei I and II are two of my favorite games, it came out for Sega CD as well and it has cut scenes that are really cool, wouldn't it be possible to make an MSU-1 including Japanese voices on the SNES?  
op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P092sp8KwJY
ost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENWcUwX9leA&list=PLB-py7ylAoF9sMKECAqqyzAf63Zow6uFr
AlfredoDore
AlfredoDore
Bee
Bee

Since : 2020-08-19

Back to top Go down

Shin Megami Tensei I and II Empty Re: Shin Megami Tensei I and II

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 2 Jul 2021 - 14:52

I doubt this will happen. We no longer have any active rom hackers with the skills to do these msu-1 hacks anymore. I still make new music for our finished games but i do not have the knowledge to create entirely new hacks. The ones who have done our msu-1 games are done making new ones so if it did happen we will have to wait for someone new to show up to the website.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Shin Megami Tensei I and II Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kyletempest Thu 8 Jul 2021 - 14:09

Why they leave?
kyletempest
kyletempest
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 8 Jul 2021 - 14:19

kyletempest wrote:Why they leave?

The majority haven't left but rather don't desire to continue to take requests. We do have one guy who is currently making new games occasionally but he seems to be focusing on Gameboy games.

The problem with answering public requests is the more you do them the more people asks until it becomes a never ending cycle. It is like fighting a hydra, you take care of one head just to have two more take its place. Not going to lie, I contribute to requests as well and I am very grateful for the ones that were answered but very much understanding when a ROM hackers told me no. However, after awhile ROM hackers get burned out and have to start saying no to the public requests as these things are very time consuming. In fact, just maintaining the existing patches is a lot of work. New bugs and glitches are frequently found and need fixing as well as download links being taken down and needing replacement.

That does not mean new msu-1 are never being made, they are on rare occasions, they are just far between. Who knows, maybe someone will take on this game requests in enough time.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Shin Megami Tensei I and II Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bsinky Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 3:37

I finished up MSU-1 audio support for Shin Megami Tensei 1 just the other day: https://www.zeldix.net/t2353-shin-megami-tensei#39400

I plan on doing the same for Shin Megami Tensei II at some point, I haven't played it yet but when I start I'll probably work on the MSU-1 audio patch at the same time.

The patch I did for SMT1 is audio-only though, no support for FMV cutscenes. So you could certainly replace the audio with Sega CD audio, but it'd be limited to replacing the music.
bsinky
bsinky

Shin Megami Tensei I and II Image111

Since : 2021-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kyletempest Fri 15 Apr 2022 - 11:32

bsinky wrote:I finished up MSU-1 audio support for Shin Megami Tensei 1 just the other day: https://www.zeldix.net/t2353-shin-megami-tensei#39400

I plan on doing the same for Shin Megami Tensei II at some point, I haven't played it yet but when I start I'll probably work on the MSU-1 audio patch at the same time.

The patch I did for SMT1 is audio-only though, no support for FMV cutscenes. So you could certainly replace the audio with Sega CD audio, but it'd be limited to replacing the music.

I´m not requestin you, or almost... in first thank you for make this happen, but could check it out Majin Tensei II Spiral nemesis? it has already english patch released and have a orchastred ost... omg should be great!
kyletempest
kyletempest
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-12-07

Back to top Go down