Go down

Pokémon Yellow Empty Pokémon Yellow

Patch r2021.07.06 (US)
https://mega.nz/folder/IToEEayC#HOG_CNOnwN2617kOM7oSzg

Orchestral PCM Set by JUD6MENT
https://mega.nz/file/GOpE1KLb#ZUIR9BEltUG8YE1-3bJMxjd8kPBo3ymyZ_KIJ7j9Dzk

Patch version history: https://mega.nz/folder/lKhwyR5B#TsXofMWsQarfeVKhaCVLvQ

Notes
This is a Super Game Boy patch, compatible with both BSNES and FXPak (SD2SNES). Some assembly may be required (see README.md)

Any bug should be reported on this page or on the issues page.

Use a bulk rename tool to match the PCM file names to the SFC. For Windows, Bulk Rename Utility or Ant Renamer might do. On Linux, the Thunar file manager comes built-in with a bulk rename utility.

JUD6MENT PCM Pack Credits
See this link to support the authors! For the individual track list, refer here.

• Braxton Burks
  • DavidChirol
  • Jfaferrie Music
  • Kunning Fox
  • Pokestir
  • String Player Gamer
  • Symphonic Gamer Orchestra
  • The 8-Bit Big Band
  • The Noble Demon
  • TreyProRemixer
  • William Vuong
  • Wurtzel
  • Zame
  • Shota Kageyama
  • Shinji Miyazaki

Source Repository
https://github.com/ZoomTen/pokeyellow-sgb-audio/tree/msu1
Zumi

Pokémon Yellow Image111

Since : 2020-10-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Pokémon Yellow :: Comments

Post Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 17:15 by SuperFeistyFox

I believe I tried to mention on the development page, but most Game Genie codes from gamehacking.org either have no effect or mess up the game with the MSU patch. Can you change the code of the MSU so that Game Genie codes can work again?

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 18:19 by JUD6MENT

SuperFeistyFox wrote:I believe I tried to mention on the development page, but most Game Genie codes from gamehacking.org either have no effect or mess up the game with the MSU patch. Can you change the code of the MSU so that Game Genie codes can work again?

I can't speak for zumi and he might think differently than I do but I don't think it is worth the effort. I help find glitches with silver and gold versions, and a little in the gen one games, and sometimes when you fix one thing with the coding a new problem happens. It is complex stuff to code msu-1. I don't think anyone has done a full playthrough of yellow version yet too so we may still have glitches in the coding to find. We might just have to appreciate what we got.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 21:30 by Zumi

SuperFeistyFox wrote:I believe I tried to mention on the development page, but most Game Genie codes from gamehacking.org either have no effect or mess up the game with the MSU patch. Can you change the code of the MSU so that Game Genie codes can work again?

Red/Blue and Yellow patches were built off of the disassembly, I think I need to redo them all completely using the method I used in Gold/Silver to make them compatible with Game Genie and to make it easier to support other languages

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 21:57 by SuperFeistyFox

Zumi wrote:

Red/Blue and Yellow patches were built off of the disassembly, I think I need to redo them all completely using the method I used in Gold/Silver to make them compatible with Game Genie and to make it easier to support other languages

That would be cool.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Wed 7 Jul 2021 - 4:26 by Zumi

Brutapode89 wrote:Great, Zumi. And when you have the time, can you make the french of Pokémon into MSU-1, please? Thanks. And after that, I think there will not be other french versions of Game Boy games to make into MSU-1 anymore.

Yeah - as I said, that will require a complete patch redo (with its own testing, debugging and whatnot). I'll do that given enough time and interest. Till then, hang in there Wink

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Sun 25 Jun 2023 - 23:47 by erpster2

i wonder if this will be updated to include the music track that is played during pikachu's beach minigame

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 26 Jun 2023 - 5:06 by JUD6MENT

erpster2 wrote:i wonder if this will be updated to include the music track that is played during pikachu's beach minigame

I couldn't find music for it and i dont know how to access that mini game. If you know a track i can use i can convert it for you.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 25 Oct 2023 - 14:05 by Jorge2222

I try to play this on android on retroarch with BSNES core but sometimes when I close the content the app crashes, it's totally random and it only happens with super game boy games because with SNES games this doesn't happen.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 25 Oct 2023 - 14:13 by Jorge2222

I think this was the song erpster2 was looking for:
https://youtu.be/wQeuPa5lHvM?si=2D6-tV2TBRwpkiAo

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 Mar 2024 - 16:58 by grandosegood

hey all, is it possible to use romhacks on the gameboy rom, so that it loads on SGB? such as pokemon 151, pure blue and pure red, etc?

edit: my mistake, they do work on bsnes

Back to top Go down