A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions

Go down

A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions Empty A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions

Post by Quadal Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 13:58

I was wanting to make a Wild Arms MSU-1 music pack and had a few questions.

1. When getting samples required from a song, does it matter what format it is in? I've already got the sample info for a few songs done but just wanted to see before going any further.

2. Would it be possible to get a list of what each track is for A Link to the Past? From what I gather there are 35 songs total.

3. If there is a song that I don't want to replace like say the ocarina song when getting the duck, what do I do?

4. Is MSUPCM++ all that is needed to convert the songs to PCM?

5. Do I need Winamp/Chipamp and the Foobar plugins? Also, I'm assuming Winamp 5.8 is the version to use?

Quadal
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-02-14

Back to top Go down

A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions Empty Re: A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions

Post by Puzzledude Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 15:39

2. Would it be possible to get a list of what each track is for A Link to the Past? From what I gather there are 35 songs total.

Code:

dec Hyrule Magic   ACTUAL
    song name
01  Title          Title screen song (on timer)
02  World map      Light world, main overworld song
03  Beginning      Rain-mode at the beginning
04  Rabbit         Dark world song IF rabbit
05  Forest         Light world, forest music

06  Intro          Story at the beginning (on timer)
07  Town           Village (peaceful song)
08  Warp           Warping music (on timer)
09  Dark world     Dark world, main overworld song
10  Master swr     Master sword pull (on timer)

11  File select    File select/ Game over screen
12  Soldier        Soldier attack if snitched by traitor
13  Mountain       Dark world, if on mountain
14  Shop           Psychic, Fortune teller
15  Fanfare        // not used, this is not loaded!

16  Castle         Dungeon, Hyrule Castle music
17  Palace         Dungeon, palace music
18  Cave           Cave music
19  Clear          Ganon defeated (on timer)
20  Church         Church music

21  Boss           Boss music
22  Dungeon        Dungeon, one of the dark world dungeons
23  Psychic        Light world, Shop music
24  Secret way     Cave music
25  Rescue         Rescue Zelda music

26  Crystal        Crystal maiden music
27  Fountain       Fountain music

28  Pyramid        Pyramid, fall down from Ganon if defeated
29  Kill Agah      Kill Agahnim-2, becomes bird (on timer)
30  Ganon room     Fall and meet Ganon
31  Last boss      Fighting Ganon

32  Triforce       Triforce shrine
33  Ending         Ending song (on timer)
34  Staff          Staff, credits (on timer)
35  /              Audio of the video file

3. If there is a song that I don't want to replace like say the ocarina song when getting the duck, what do I do?
You don't. The ocarina song when getting the bird is not included in the MSU pack. If you want MSU, you need to replace all songs, which are in the pack, otherwise no music will be played, where you left out a track. There are 35 songs in total, 15 is not loaded at all, while 35 is the audio of the video intro file. You thus need 33 songs.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions Empty Re: A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions

Post by Quadal Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 16:40

Puzzledude wrote:

Code:

dec Hyrule Magic   ACTUAL
    song name
01  Title          Title screen song (on timer)
02  World map      Light world, main overworld song
03  Beginning      Rain-mode at the beginning
04  Rabbit         Dark world song IF rabbit
05  Forest         Light world, forest music

06  Intro          Story at the beginning (on timer)
07  Town           Village (peaceful song)
08  Warp           Warping music (on timer)
09  Dark world     Dark world, main overworld song
10  Master swr     Master sword pull (on timer)

11  File select    File select/ Game over screen
12  Soldier        Soldier attack if snitched by traitor
13  Mountain       Dark world, if on mountain
14  Shop           Psychic, Fortune teller
15  Fanfare        // not used, this is not loaded!

16  Castle         Dungeon, Hyrule Castle music
17  Palace         Dungeon, palace music
18  Cave           Cave music
19  Clear          Ganon defeated (on timer)
20  Church         Church music

21  Boss           Boss music
22  Dungeon        Dungeon, one of the dark world dungeons
23  Psychic        Light world, Shop music
24  Secret way     Cave music
25  Rescue         Rescue Zelda music

26  Crystal        Crystal maiden music
27  Fountain       Fountain music

28  Pyramid        Pyramid, fall down from Ganon if defeated
29  Kill Agah      Kill Agahnim-2, becomes bird (on timer)
30  Ganon room     Fall and meet Ganon
31  Last boss      Fighting Ganon

32  Triforce       Triforce shrine
33  Ending         Ending song (on timer)
34  Staff          Staff, credits (on timer)
35  /              Audio of the video file

You don't. The ocarina song when getting the bird is not included in the MSU pack. If you want MSU, you need to replace all songs, which are in the pack, otherwise no music will be played, where you left out a track. There are 35 songs in total, 15 is not loaded at all, while 35 is the audio of the video intro file. You thus need 33 songs.

Thanks for the info! 33 songs is quite a lot but I think between Wild Arms 1 & 2 I should be able to find enough songs to fill it out.

Quadal
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 18:50

Quadal wrote:
1. When getting samples required from a song, does it matter what format it is in? I've already got the sample info for a few songs done but just wanted to see before going any further.

5. Do I need Winamp/Chipamp and the Foobar plugins? Also, I'm assuming Winamp 5.8 is the version to use?
1: Not really, pretty much any audio format can be converted to something MSUPCM++ can recognize through Audacity (though the ideal is to work with 16-bit PCM at 44100 Hz, as all the program has to do then to convert to MSU PCM is change the header).

4: Technically, as long as the source audio is something MSUPCM++ can work with... yes. But Audacity (or some other audio editing program) is needed to locate loop points.

5: People still use Winamp  Disgust ? Foobar with Qwertymodo's plugin helps greatly in checking loop points after a conversion, to ensure everything worked properly.

If you have any problems looping/converting your audio selections, just send me a PM, or drop a message in the PCM request thread, and I'd be more than happy to help.

edale

A Link to the Past - Making MSU-1 Pack Questions Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Quadal Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 15:18

edale wrote:
Quadal wrote:

1: Not really, pretty much any audio format can be converted to something MSUPCM++ can recognize through Audacity (though the ideal is to work with 16-bit PCM at 44100 Hz, as all the program has to do then to convert to MSU PCM is change the header).

4: Technically, as long as the source audio is something MSUPCM++ can work with... yes. But Audacity (or some other audio editing program) is needed to locate loop points.

5: People still use Winamp  Disgust ? Foobar with Qwertymodo's plugin helps greatly in checking loop points after a conversion, to ensure everything worked properly.

If you have any problems looping/converting your audio selections, just send me a PM, or drop a message in the PCM request thread, and I'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks for the help. Once I finish the song selection and get all the sample points down I may end up giving you a message if I can't seem to figure out what to do next.

Quadal
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down