Zelda3 Puzzle of Life

Go down

Zelda3 Puzzle of Life Empty Zelda3 Puzzle of Life

Zelda3 Puzzle of Life Puzzle_of_Life_4screen

Description
Puzzledude presents:
The most difficult puzzle in the Zelda universe.
What could be better.

If you solve it, then this would be one of your importaint life's achievements.

Download PATCH
https://mega.nz/file/HpUyiB4b#7OWlJP6ir2omprivR-hhcV7n2G-ekirgxz9O7hKRi-A

Download README
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/Puzzle_of_Life_text.txt

UPS patcher
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Zelda3 Puzzle of Life Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Zelda3 Puzzle of Life :: Comments

Puzzledude

Post Sat 6 Nov 2021 - 7:17 by Puzzledude

Block pushing rules:
You can push a block multiple times. You can not push any blocks while you stand in the water, since it is slippery. You need to stand on dry land to push any block. You "undo" the water with a "regular" block (the one that does not make a water trail). The ones that make a water trail are "water blocks". You can not push the block over brown or blue elements/pegs even if they are down, but you can walk over them if they are down. If they are up, you can not walk over or push the block over. You can push the block over a red peg after it has been hammered to the ground.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sat 20 Nov 2021 - 6:09 by sinistra

Mad Very Happy

Did anyone get past the first puzzle yet...?

WTF

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 20 Nov 2021 - 8:46 by Puzzledude

sinistra wrote:Mad Very Happy
Yes, surprisingly they did. So far I know only of one user called phonymike, who did it with no help. That one room is the majority of the game actually.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sat 20 Nov 2021 - 8:53 by sinistra

Puzzledude wrote:
sinistra wrote:Mad Very Happy
Yes, surprisingly they did. So far I know only of one user called phonymike, who did it with no help. That one room is the majority of the game actually.

I almost got it... ;-) nice design b.t.w. very challenging. Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 20 Nov 2021 - 9:53 by Puzzledude

sinistra wrote:I almost got it... ;-) nice design b.t.w. very challenging. Razz (Conn)
Nice. I was trying to make it the most complex it can be. That's probably the most difficult design I've done, even more complex than what the Cube/IQ hacks have.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 29 Nov 2021 - 9:13 by phonymike

Zelda3 Puzzle of Life Puzzle_of_Life_solved

This is a challenging puzzle. I think it took me 2 hours to finish it the first time (using many, many savestates), but the second time around I finished it in under 1 hour (using several savestates).

I did have quite a warmup prior to this experience. I had just finished Cube after watching a playthrough on YouTube, and was making my way through IQ test RotE when Puzzledude released this hack.

These puzzle hacks are very fair and don't have any cheap obstacles (like the invisible block in kaizo hacks). You can think your way through every puzzle. You'll develop block control where you can move a water block in certain ways, and follow behind with the regular block to clean up the water path. It feels very much like a Rubik's cube or like the SFC game Cu-On-Pa. The puzzles in this series are genius.

The entire puzzle is the main room, with short trips to the starting room. The only special move you'll need is the dash jump a few times. When you're moving the blocks, keep in mind you probably have to go the long way around.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 29 Nov 2021 - 13:06 by Wolfcat

I just got through this one. I still haven't been through the Cube, because of a drop floor which requires knowing where to hookshot and insane speed. The Cube even glitched on me with the lazer eye on the left wall that shoots to the right where somehow I was able to get to the next room at the top right, but the drop floor wasn't activated which messed up making further progress, but I would rather get through fair and square, but I just had to see what would happen.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Mon 29 Nov 2021 - 22:39 by Puzzledude

Thank you for playing. You are those rare players who can actually appreciate this unorthodox desing of the hacks such as Cube, IQ series and POL. I also have to say that one room in POL hack is the most difficult I could make it, and yet players are capable of solving it, which clearly means I underestimated what compelx desing players can actually solve.

Also, the MSU Deluxe hack coming soon. This one only changes the music though, the game is otherwise the same as original ALttP, but it is quite an experience playing it with over 100 new CD-quality songs.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 30 Nov 2021 - 10:49 by Wolfcat

As far as how long it took me, clearly phonymike solved it much faster, but I am not competitive. I appreciate the work you and everyone else involved put into these hacks. I always want to be humble, for one because sometimes I get lucky. Part of it is a matter of giving something a try we wouldn't have otherwise thought we could do. I still have a lot of puzzles to play you and or others have made.

This puzzle is like a block puzzle times 2, because of the switch. It's so brilliant.

Last edited by Wolfcat on Tue 30 Nov 2021 - 10:51; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I usually miss something when posting, so I edit a lot of my posts for this reason.)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 2 Dec 2021 - 14:19 by MrKoippa

Heh..The game is good as it it is..I have spent probably over 30 hours to trying to solve it..I haven´t tried Cube..So if there where any solutions..I don´t have them..I have thought this like  a chess..I have used one save state..Just one..
Unlike chess,it´s impossible to think what has ben thinked Puzzledudude..
I also have not any knowledge of can this be opened with some another program..
So..the first one I figured out, the second until I got the hookshot..Many mess ups because I could not remember..When I got the hookshot I saw the complexity of the puzzle..And I had to remove it aside for a while,because so far I could eventually count in my head the possibilities of movement´s and then two more to add more..
I had to make backup to game and i´s save to to continue later...Good game  still..

Last edited by MrKoippa on Thu 2 Dec 2021 - 14:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ultimate grammar mistake explosion)

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 4 Dec 2021 - 13:13 by Wolfcat

If you got the hookshoot, then you are doing well. I believe in you, don't give up. Sometimes I take a break from a video game here and there which helps sometimes. I find it helps to make at least 3 save states of at least the furthest progress you have made on save states 0, 1 and 2. Save state 0 is save state one, but we already know that. Then the next time you proceed you can play off of the default save state without worry. If a puzzle is short enough, just start a puzzle over of coarse or what ever to see where things came from and to.

By the way, I got past the drop floor in the Cube barely recently, then finished playing that game. I have so many more Zelda hacks to play as well.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 29 Dec 2022 - 13:25 by Jeffreygriggs2

DISCLAIMER: You have to do this after you obtain the Power glove and Hookshot.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 9 Jan 2023 - 3:30 by Wolfcat

LOL, great. I was able to do this. I also tried to do this on the original alttp, but it didn't work, so I am assuming that this only works for one of three reasons. Because of not being able to walking around when holding the sword out, or because of the running water, or because of both.

I failed at solving this block puzzle a whole night, then the next day I solved it again, which just goes to show not to give up as long as you are not hurting yourself in trying to do something.

Back to top Go down

Entity1037

Post Mon 18 Dec 2023 - 14:47 by Entity1037

The download link is dead. Could someone reupload this?

Back to top Go down