list of all msu1-enhanced games

Go down

list of all msu1-enhanced games Empty list of all msu1-enhanced games

Post by socke Wed 10 Nov 2021 - 6:43

Hello,

does something like a complete list of all known msu1-enhanced games exists?
Ideally something which includes all the needed files per game with some sort of checksums (since some of them have multiple versions available and it's not always easy to identify the "latest" or "best" one) so I can resort all of my over the years collected stuff? This would really be great.

Thanks!

socke
Newcomer

Since : 2021-11-10

Back to top Go down

list of all msu1-enhanced games Empty Re: list of all msu1-enhanced games

Post by Relikk Wed 10 Nov 2021 - 7:53

Not as such. You can either look through all the release articles or take a look at this spreadsheet. Conn keeps it up to date, links to all the patches and available music packs and it's much quicker and easier to have a look at that (navigating with the category tabs on the bottom) rather than opening each release article.

As far as checksums go sometimes they are specified in the ReadMe's, but the general rule of thumb for the vast majority of MSU1 patches is that they use headerless ROM dumps, mainly found in the "No-Intro" ROM set.
Relikk
Relikk

list of all msu1-enhanced games Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 10 Nov 2021 - 11:58

Like Relikk pointed out I keep track of the files at:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1470-msu1-file-links

and the

Google Spreadsheet

However I track only msu1, not MD or stuff alike. It's hard enough to maintain the list with every new patch/pcm set added, so I will not add CRC stuff. Few people have problems with that, and if they do, they post in the forum Wink
Conn
Conn

list of all msu1-enhanced games Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by socke Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 8:57

Ahh, Thanks for the Spreadsheet, it's a start.

Unfortunately most of the used storage providers won't work with a simple wget/curl. Some of the google-shares won't work with gdown, for the ms-drive or mediafire shares no real scriptable client exists, only mega has such a tool.
So I can't fetch them automatically to an empty directory tree (one subdir per game per msu/bgm-set) and run something like after unpacking everything:

find /path/to/all/bps+msu+pcm-files -type f -exec md5sum {} \;

Maybe someone here has such an actual complete tree and can enter this simple statement (maybe plus "|tee /tmp/logfile") and let his computer running over night so all the files will be checksumed.

Thanks!

socke
Newcomer

Since : 2021-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 9:53

@Conn, @Relikk Thanks gentlemen for reminding me that the MD+/MSU-MD section needed updating. I totally forgot this part of the process when a new patch is released. Lol.

MD+/MSU-MD has been updated to reflect what has changed in Zeldix up to this point.

Link:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0wXM4T_-7zFY-GJnAo-E7uIivyE9WYrfgtoIhxPRMg/edit#gid=500319599

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 9:54; edited 1 time in total

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 9:54

I was planning on doing that soon, but thanks for saving me the trouble. list of all msu1-enhanced games 1f605
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 11 Nov 2021 - 9:55

Relikk wrote:I was planning on doing that soon, but thanks for saving me the trouble. list of all msu1-enhanced games 1f605
It really is no trouble for me. I am pretty quick with this spreadsheet. I am pleased you were spared the pain. Confused

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down