Neo Geo (Arcade/AES/MVS) (by Relikk)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/4ngR0IJZ#T-1Q1aZgbYTVM-1nOnrC3r06oQYnDjDkugIcfB0p1Bo

Neo Geo CD (Arranged) (by Relikk)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/Mqg0kToY#ormRmS_VwX-7LV6S8QgWPtEgV5e3whzwNZxEd6L-jH0

-  Track Map  -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lJy51NZzvYzrHBOQaI5RBu5h8mdU14JKOFDi5X1YnkE

Last edited by Cubear on Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 0:42; edited 11 times in total
Cubear
Cubear

Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits :: Comments

Conn

Post Sun 2 Jan 2022 - 16:08 by Conn

Congrats on the release, however I think we need a pcm pack now Wink

If possible, please only post in database if the game is fully playable with msu, means release the patch with a pcm set (until then it is development) Wink

Also, if anything gets updated (patch or pcm set), please notify it in the comments, so the community knows. I also have a backup on my HDD and I also update the links in the file lists. If there are silent updates, they are unnoticed

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 2 Jan 2022 - 17:20 by Relikk

Okay I've added the Neo Geo AES/MVS PCM pack for the meantime. I still need to tweak some things, but I'll sort them out hopefully tomorrow. It's "fine" for the time being.

I'll add the Neo Geo CD version along with it, or shortly after.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 2 Jan 2022 - 17:23 by Conn

Much thanks relikk Very Happy
I wait with backup until it is set final and you give an ok, so I don't have to do the backup work twice

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sun 2 Jan 2022 - 17:43 by Cubear

Oh, I wasn't aware that was a requirement for posting in this section. My apologies.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 2 Jan 2022 - 18:57 by Conn

No worries, and thanks for all your efforts! We only have after years of work and 200+ patches our structures that proved itself Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 3 Jan 2022 - 13:30 by Señor Ventura

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...

This was one of the must have. Congratulations, and thanks to all... awesome!!...

edit:

Jubai stage and tam tam stage music are interchanged, samsho_msu-9 and samsho_msu-10 must be renamed to samsho_msu-10 and samsho_msu-9

I mean:
-samsho_msu-9 is samsho_msu-10
-samsho_msu-10 is samsho_msu-9

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Mon 3 Jan 2022 - 19:40 by Cubear

Yeah, Relikk noted that error in my track mapping earlier today. there's also an updated patch with a no-loop track that I had missed.  I'm glad there are people here to catch my mistakes Smile

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 22:04 by Cubear

Updated the version with a bugfix (for the game's original code) where it played the incorrect music tracks in two cutscenes.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 7:31 by Relikk

The latest patch seems to hang just before the 3rd cutscene where the first suggested change to the code occurs. It doesn't transition to the cutscene after the screen goes black and hangs there.

I've updated the Neo Geo AES/MVS PCM set to what should be the final version.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 9:51 by Conn

@Cubear, I think this is the error:

org $c1caa6
lda $13 ;changing cutscene music to match arcade version
org $c1d7da
lda $14 ;same as above
You load ram 7e0013/7e0014
instead the value 13/14
So it should be
lda #$13
lda #$14

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 11:12 by Relikk

It works perfectly now with Conn's fix. Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits 1f44d

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 12:28 by Cubear

whoops! sloppy mistake on my part. ty conn.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 5 Jan 2022 - 15:14 by Conn

whoops! sloppy mistake on my part. ty conn.
Such things happen all time to me  Smile that's our business Wink

I think when you had time to update to 1.03 we are eventually done with this project Wink

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 7 Jan 2022 - 8:59 by Relikk

Neo Geo CD Arranged PCM pack added. I'll get a video up soon, also.

Back to top Go down

Cyber_Yagami

Post Fri 7 Jan 2022 - 18:39 by Cyber_Yagami

Thanks !

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Jan 2022 - 19:47 by VVV18

@Cubear and @Conn by port;
@Relikk for the albums, I loved it, it was wonderful, thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 7 Jan 2022 - 21:48 by Señor Ventura

I have a suggestion. In the original neo geo aes version there is no music in the menu options, but in the snes character selection screen sounds in all the menu screens, and it does look not so good. The song is constantly restarted every time the screen changes... to be later played once more in the character selection screen.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 0:30 by Cubear

If I'm interpreting you correctly, you're asking for the game to not restart the song if the same music track is already playing? I can manage that easily enough... just note that this is a change to the normal operation of the SNES game (restarting on screen change)

edit: completed.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 8 Jan 2022 - 20:33 by Señor Ventura

Cubear wrote:If I'm interpreting you correctly, you're asking for the game to not restart the song if the same music track is already playing? I can manage that easily enough... just note that this is a change to the normal operation of the SNES game (restarting on screen change)

edit: completed.

Now the navigation flows well, and even the sensations are more than satisfactory. Well done, for real Smile

It is not necessary to improve it, you can consider the work done, but for illustrating what I was mentioning I leave here a video in which it can be seen how the "selecting character screen" sounds only when the characters are ready to be selected, and not when there is the navigation of the screen options (in neo geo is only about selecting the difficulty level, in wich doesn't sound any music).

https://youtu.be/Aq9k5Gbh9xg?t=42

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 0:22 by Cubear

That could be possible to do but I think I'm satisfied with things the way they are. I'm glad you're enjoying the hack.

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 5:32 by Shadowrun

well done !! Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits 1f603

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 21:42 by Señor Ventura

Cubear wrote:That could be possible to do but I think I'm satisfied with things the way they are. I'm glad you're enjoying the hack.

Yes, is really good as it is. Completely rounded Smile

I never did this question... When you hook the msu1 music in a game, Do the music get silenced, but still using the spc700 resources?.

It could be interesting, cause maybe could be usable all the 8 pcm channels for voices and sound effects.

This (samurai shodown), is one of these games that has a very low bit rate for voices and sfx samples. Maybe one day this changes and can get improved due to that.

I'm looking at art of fighting 2, but for now these are just ideas that i'm having... i'm for now i will be stuck at least during all this whole year, so we'll see...

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Sun 9 Jan 2022 - 22:49 by Cubear

This patch was hard muted on the APU side by Conn. 

The data transfers etc. are likely the exact same as the default rom. It does mean that there are DSP channels that would normally be used for music goin "unused", but it would be far, far beyond my abilities to increase the sample quality or use the music DSP channels to play sound effects.

With the hack the way it is, the music is loaded to APU and still running, just silently, in the background. the game's sound engine requires the music to run to play the SFX.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 11 Jan 2022 - 12:08 by Señor Ventura

Cubear wrote:This patch was hard muted on the APU side by Conn. 

The data transfers etc. are likely the exact same as the default rom. It does mean that there are DSP channels that would normally be used for music goin "unused", but it would be far, far beyond my abilities to increase the sample quality or use the music DSP channels to play sound effects.

With the hack the way it is, the music is loaded to APU and still running, just silently, in the background. the game's sound engine requires the music to run to play the SFX.

So, the only way to go to save spc700 resources (in terms of bandwidth), is to rewriting the sound engine itself to not transfer all the music samples... but, well, at least possible it is i think.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next