Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support?

Go down

Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support? Empty Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support?

Post by ABOhiccups Mon 14 Feb 2022 - 17:40

Does anyone want to help out to create MSU1 on a popular ROM Hack Super Mario RPG: Armageddon.

Here's a link to official Discord Server.
https://discord.gg/eMkvNg8

Version 10 patch is in #announcement

Tell the devs I send you! Smile
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2019-08-22

http://abohiccups.crypto

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support? Empty Re: Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support?

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 14 Feb 2022 - 17:54

I can tell you for sure that conn is not going to come anywhere near that game again if he does not have to. Mario RPG was a challenging one to msu. I have heard good things about armageddon though but never tried it. Best of luck finding a hacker
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support? Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support? Empty Re: Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support?

Post by Conn Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 6:30

J is correct, no more ports from my side. The
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/smrpg_msu.zip
contains the source asm.
So anybody creating a patch for this game can adjust the asm to work with their project.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 1:36

JUD6MENT The MSU1 Patch for vanilla Super Mario RPG ROM does work with Armageddon ROM Hack.

The biggest challenge is. Which the following PCM Tracks is brand new / altered for Armageddon ROM Hack?
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 20:33

Does it still have the same number of tracks? Or is it the original game plus more? If the issue is we need different pcm tracks, that is something i can work with. If we need to code to have more tracks on top of the original album, then it sounds like we need a coder that is not retired
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 21:02

JUD6MENT wrote:Does it still have the same number of tracks? Or is it the original game plus more? If the issue is we need different pcm tracks, that is something i can work with. If we need to code to have more tracks on top of the original album, then it sounds like we need a coder that is not retired

You can playthrough the game with PCM Pack for Testing and see which track was replaced and which track was new.

I wish there was God Mode Cheat Code for this ROM Hack to make life easier for testing.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 21:50

Being a teacher and father is crazy busy. I would have to wait until school gets out during the summer and i might look into it then. However, i still think we would need a coder. I am no expert but i would guess the best case scenario is the new tracks are written over old ones and the coding will still be connected to a pcm number. Even then, i still dont think it would be compatible from beginning to end. I sometimes wonder if our current msu patch is not breaking the original game in a secret location. Even though i tried to 100% the game, we found bugs years later with different people playing it and found new areas of the game i never went to before in any of my play through to help fix the problem area. Conn and i are hoping we are truly done with the patch, it is hard to believe this extended rom hack will work.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 0:49

I'd have to look at the code but adding tracks could be pretty easy. I'll volunteer myself for it if code edits need to be done.

edit: from a cursory glance at the code, this game should pretty easily adapt for new tracks added, and you will only need the track numbers to add PCMs to..  may need to add to the noloop table if any of them specifically do not loop, it looks like the table was made with any unknowns as "loop"

What I'd be concerned with is the MSU-1 code overlapping with whatever new data the hack may add, but I can change the addresses of the code or the table if it interferes.

Last edited by Cubear on Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 0:25; edited 1 time in total
Cubear
Cubear

Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support? Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 10:11

My 2 cents on it... I'd talk back with the armageddon authors at
https://discord.gg/eMkvNg8
They know best whether tracks changed and where and such.

Also, they seem to be pretty advanced in terms of coding, my source code is rather short, so I am sure they can merge it into their version and release a msu-1 featured patch themselves.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 21:32

One question though is what would we make the new pcm tracks? I doubt there is remix covers of the new tracks added and i would not even know where to find even the original new tracks. Did you have ideas in mind ABOhiccups?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 22:54

JUD6MENT wrote:One question though is what would we make the new pcm tracks? I doubt there is remix covers of the new tracks added and i would not even know where to find even the original new tracks. Did you have ideas in mind ABOhiccups?

It adds tracks from other SNES games like "The Decisive Battle from Final Fantasy VI", and "Battle with Magus from Chrono Trigger".

It also adds 16-Bit Remix tracks from Non-SNES games like "Rosalina in the Observatory from Super Mario Galaxy", "Overworld 2 Theme from Super Mario Bros. 3", and one of a song from Kingdom Hearts games (I don't know the name of it) used for Xion Boss Battle in Super Mario RPG Armageddon.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 19 Feb 2022 - 0:04

ABOhiccups wrote:
JUD6MENT wrote:One question though is what would we make the new pcm tracks? I doubt there is remix covers of the new tracks added and i would not even know where to find even the original new tracks. Did you have ideas in mind ABOhiccups?

It adds tracks from other SNES games like "The Decisive Battle from Final Fantasy VI", and "Battle with Magus from Chrono Trigger".

It also adds 16-Bit Remix tracks from Non-SNES games like "Rosalina in the Observatory from Super Mario Galaxy", "Overworld 2 Theme from Super Mario Bros. 3", and one of a song from Kingdom Hearts games (I don't know the name of it) used for Xion Boss Battle in Super Mario RPG Armageddon.

Oh, well that makes things slightly easier, especially since some of those tracks you mentioned i have even made pcms for like the chrono trigger. I would be interested in this, though i really can not promise how helpful i will be the next couple months. I really am busy.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 19 Feb 2022 - 12:02

I looked into the game by glancing at different YouTube playthrough. There is no way i am playing this game until summer as it seems it is about 25-30 hours, though i can make pcm music if someone track map for me before summer. And this does seem like a fun project. I have always been curious of this hack and i heard some fun tracks in the clips i watched like bomb bomb battlefield
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 1:11

Well, if anybody would like to collaborate on a track map I've set one up here.

I've even done a preliminary "fill this out" job.

Also some instructions for how to call different tracks than the one called by the game, by hex number, so you don't have to progress in the game at all in order to contribute.

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y2r8POh8lNVwlGEhzoc0D8YmSUbKRBDNgADisJbNh7E/edit#gid=0

another spot of good news is it looks like the patches don't write to the same areas of rom, so there's no need to shuffle around code addresses or anything silly like that.
Cubear
Cubear

Super Mario RPG: Armageddon MSU1 Support? Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down