Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly

Go down

Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly Empty Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly

Post by Jeffreygriggs2 Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 12:07

Castle Graphics originally from Lyra Islands (original version)

Jeffreygriggs2
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly Empty Re: Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly

Post by Puzzledude Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 14:09

I'm sorry to say that this is not so easy to fix. It is actually not an exit, but an entrance that's not working and this usually happens with custom gfx. Not only do you need an entrance definition (ie placement of a yellow dot in Hyrule Magic), you also need a specific spot of this element (yellow dot) in regards to the gfx on the screen.

The entrance will only react to specific pre-programmed sequence of the smallest gfx tiles (usually 2 or 4 in a row) onto which a yellow dot must be placed exactly for this to work, while the sequences for entrances can be changed, so you can also fit custom entrances. But this is of course not so easy to do, since you need to identify all the sequences for an entrance trigger (I've done that only for what I needed) and then document each smallest gfx tile of your custom gfx set. Usually hackers don't change this at all, we already edit the existing gfx in such a way so that entrance gfx remains "in place" of where the original has them to avoid this problem (which is specially true for cave and house entrances).

But of course I did manage to make completely custom gfx sets with entrances which work, I just needed to draw the gfx set exactly according to the trigger tiles for entrances. This is doable since every custom gfx set must be overdrawn over the existing one, so I knew which tiles were needed for the entrance to work.

On how this works, you can try to study (for reference) the placement of yellow dots for so called big entrances (wide ones) which are otherwise not recommended, in the Hyrule Magic guide.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly Empty Re: Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly

Post by Jeffreygriggs2 Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 15:03

Puzzledude wrote:I'm sorry to say that this is not so easy to fix. It is actually not an exit, but an entrance that's not working and this usually happens with custom gfx. Not only do you need an entrance definition (ie placement of a yellow dot in Hyrule Magic), you also need a specific spot of this element (yellow dot) in regards to the gfx on the screen.

The entrance will only react to specific pre-programmed sequence of the smallest gfx tiles (usually 2 or 4 in a row) onto which a yellow dot must be placed exactly for this to work, while the sequences for entrances can be changed, so you can also fit custom entrances. But this is of course not so easy to do, since you need to identify all the sequences for an entrance trigger (I've done that only for what I needed) and then document each smallest gfx tile of your custom gfx set. Usually hackers don't change this at all, we already edit the existing gfx in such a way so that entrance gfx remains "in place" of where the original has them to avoid this problem (which is specially true for cave and house entrances).

But of course I did manage to make completely custom gfx sets with entrances which work, I just needed to draw the gfx set exactly according to the trigger tiles for entrances. This is doable since every custom gfx set must be overdrawn over the existing one, so I knew which tiles were needed for the entrance to work.

On how this works, you can try to study (for reference) the placement of yellow dots for so called big entrances (wide ones) which are otherwise not recommended, in the Hyrule Magic guide.

Did Some Rearranging of Tiles, This worked, Thanks

Jeffreygriggs2
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 28 Jul 2022 - 17:23

Great. I'm assuming you changed those exact two tiles, which in the video are still not infront, so Link's head goes over them instead of the other way around. Now you just put the properties of these 2 tiles in front, like the right 2 ones, which then gives the illusion that Link's is going into the building.
Nice snow overlay by the way.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Need help, Trying to get dungeon exit to work properly Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down