Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue

Go down

Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue Empty Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue

Post by NitroHedgehog Tue 30 Aug 2022 - 21:11

Hi! I'm new here. I simply wanted to make a hack where you play as a girl. So far, everything is good... exept for one thing. I need to slightly edit Ganon's monologue to make it fit for a girl, but every time I do so, the Triforce's monologue gets messed-up.

I want to edit these monologues:

''I never imagined a boy like you
[2]could give me so much trouble.
[3]It's unbelievable that you[K]
[V]defeated my alterego, Agahnim
[V]the Dark Wizard, twice![K]
[V]But I will never give you the
[V]Triforce.  I will destroy you
[V]and make my wish to conquer[K]
[V]both Light and Dark Worlds
[V]come true without delay.''

and

''You are doing well, lad.  But
[2]can you break through this
[3]secret technique of Darkness?[K]
[V]En Garde!''

to

''I never imagined a girl like you
[2]could give me so much trouble.
[3]It's unbelievable that you[K]
[V]defeated my alterego, Agahnim
[V]the Dark Wizard, twice![K]
[V]But I will never give you the
[V]Triforce.  I will destroy you
[V]and make my wish to conquer[K]
[V]both Light and Dark Worlds
[V]come true without delay.''

and

''You are doing well, lass.  But
[2]can you break through this
[3]secret technique of Darkness?[K]
[V]En Garde!''

Here are 3 screenshots, before (what I want) and after (the results with Hyrule Magic/SuperZ and ZScream)

WHAT I WANT
Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue Monolo10

HYRULE MAGIC / SUPERZ RESULTS
Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue Monolo11

ZSCREAM 3.0.5 RESULTS
Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue Monolo12

So yeah, it's been 3 days that I'm trying to fix that... Can this monologue be Hex Edited without damaging the four ''...'' monologue? Thank you.

NitroHedgehog
Newcomer

Since : 2022-08-30

Back to top Go down

Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue Empty Re: Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue

Post by Jared_Brian_ Sat 3 Sep 2022 - 14:17

Are you using save states to get back to that area? because save states mess up the text pointers if you try to change it after you make the save state. So you will have to change your text, reload the game, and then renavigate to the triforce room every time you make a change.
Jared_Brian_
Jared_Brian_

Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue Image213

Since : 2019-05-06

Back to top Go down

Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue Empty Re: Editing Ganon's monologue in ZScream messes-up the Ending Triforce monologue

Post by NitroHedgehog Sat 3 Sep 2022 - 18:56

Yes, I used savestates to test the monologue. However, after seeing your post, I used a copy of the files on ZScream to delete Ganon and open the door to the Triforce immediately... and it worked! Very Happy Monologue no longer messed-up! Guess it was the savestate's problem after all Wink

NitroHedgehog
Newcomer

Since : 2022-08-30

Back to top Go down