Super Mario Kart

Go down

Super Mario Kart Empty Super Mario Kart

I've merged together an IPS that restores censored content from the Japanese version with Special Cup available on 50cc and MSU1 by others.
Restoration + MSU

Last edited by Mike Prince Sharpe on Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 15:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing link and patch)
Mike Prince Sharpe
Mike Prince Sharpe
Snap Dragon
Snap Dragon

Since : 2022-03-29

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Mario Kart :: Comments

Post Mon 26 Sep 2022 - 17:19 by GeneralMorden

Hello. Thanks for your  work! Which MSU1 patch version did you use for your patch? On FXpak i have the same issues i have with older versions of the MSU patch.

Back to top Go down

Mike Prince Sharpe

Post Mon 26 Sep 2022 - 17:33 by Mike Prince Sharpe

GeneralMorden wrote:Hello. Thanks for your  work! Which MSU1 patch version did you use for your patch? On FXpak i have the same issues i have with older versions of the MSU patch.
Thanks, I used the latest patch from he original Super Mario Kart post on here.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 26 Sep 2022 - 17:46 by Conn

No you didn't (at least not in my check whether the latest code is in it). Patch has been updated to 1.4b in the meanwhile. Check OP: https://www.zeldix.net/t1451-super-mario-kart
Smile

Back to top Go down

Mike Prince Sharpe

Post Mon 26 Sep 2022 - 18:49 by Mike Prince Sharpe

Conn wrote:

No you didn't (at least not in my check whether the latest code is in it). Patch has been updated to 1.4b in the meanwhile. Check OP: https://www.zeldix.net/t1451-super-mario-kart
Smile

Hi Conn, thanks for the excellent MSU patch for Mario Kart, I got it from this link earlier today in your original post using the no resume in the zip file, it's still named v13 in the linked zip
https://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/smk_msu.zip

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 4:07 by Conn

Yes, this is my confusing naming. I rechecked, it is v14b, though it says v13. If the creation date says 22th september 2022 it is correct (Patch Size NoResume: 540 bytes, Resume: 555 bytes). Best is you clear browser history and download again.

Also to verify: Open the patched rom (or ips/bps) in a hex editor and search for the byte string 8f 66 1F 7E. If it is is found you have the latest version, if not, not.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 12:03 by Retroplay

Yup, I smelled a rat.
Also, if you try and change internal header to use LoRom+SlowROM+MarioChip1/GSU after applying either of the two patches, the game will not run, at all.
So, yeah, it's bogus.

[edit]
Fake patch has been pulled from romhacking, good. Smile

Back to top Go down

Mike Prince Sharpe

Post Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 15:48 by Mike Prince Sharpe

I've updated the patch in the original post removing that fake Super FX patch and made sure that Conn's MSU1 patch is the latest version 1.4b. As a result of removing the fake FX patch, it's fixed all of the little graphical glitches.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 16:09 by GeneralMorden

Mike Prince Sharpe wrote:I've merged together an IPS that restores censored content from the Japanese version with Special Cup available on 50cc and MSU1 by others.
Restoration + MSU

Also works with FXPak correctly now.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 27 Sep 2022 - 17:26 by Conn

I checked the patch, now it also looks looks good from the code that indeed 14b is applied.
I corrected the patch names from v13 to 14b to avoid this confusion in the main thread patch download, sorry for that.

Back to top Go down