RHDN Rule

Zeldix :: General :: News

Go down

RHDN Rule Empty RHDN Rule

Post by Polargames Thu 9 Feb 2023 - 15:16

Hello everyone,

The people over on RHDN have made a new rule. You can read more about it from this link here. https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=36499

But the TLDR is this.

" In the past several years there have been a number of users submitting work they did not create. While many have been well intentioned and some even had direct permission, situations have still taken place which caused severe workload problems for RHDN staff and a lot of bad feelings in the ROM hacking community. This is something staff can not continue to allow. Effective immediately, no user may submit any new(to RHDN) work or project unless they are the author/creator or contributor of said work. Going forward, all authors must also create a forum account before making a submission so users of said works can report bugs, glitches and problems with the work directly thru the RHDN forum."

I just wanted to let people know because this rule change has cause a lot of uproar on how it will be enforced and that it puts a lot if rom hacks in limbo now. I do not know if msu1 hacks are effected at all, I assume they are. More information can be found in the link.
Polargames
Polargames

RHDN Rule Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

RHDN Rule Empty Re: RHDN Rule

Post by Cubear Thu 9 Feb 2023 - 18:47

Many MSU-1 hacks are only hosted here: it can be difficult to publish the patch with the music on RHDN.
Cubear
Cubear

RHDN Rule Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 9 Feb 2023 - 22:04

Cubear wrote:Many MSU-1 hacks are only hosted here: it can be difficult to publish the patch with the music on RHDN.

True, I was just covering msu1 patches like sailor moon that started out on RHDN before they came over here. Yes, I have read a lot of posts on RHDN on the policy. It affects psx games a lot.
Polargames
Polargames

RHDN Rule Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 10 Feb 2023 - 0:06

I tried submitting MSU-1 before on romhacking net and it is frustratingly hard. For one thing, they ONLY allow the patch and Readme file and nothing else. They also really press hard you dont include links to other websites or download, which makes giving the music files insanely hard. I swear the ones on Rom hacking net are ones where whoever reviewed was more relaxed because I have submitted before and got denied because my Readme file had a link to the music files. It is kind of why you do not see MSU-1 on the website, and the ones that are there are really outdated music and patches.

Personally, I think it would be better if we had no MSU-1 on rom hacking, everyone that finds it there end up asking for help patching here anyway.

Also, I do not think previously submitted rom hacks are in limbo, I doubt the moderators there are going to review 10,000 patches. They will probably deal with cases as they pop up.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

RHDN Rule Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 10 Feb 2023 - 14:38

JUD6MENT wrote:I tried submitting MSU-1 before on romhacking net and it is frustratingly hard. For one thing, they ONLY allow the patch and Readme file and nothing else. They also really press hard you dont include links to other websites or download, which makes giving the music files insanely hard. I swear the ones on Rom hacking net are ones where whoever reviewed was more relaxed because I have submitted before and got denied because my Readme file had a link to the music files. It is kind of why you do not see MSU-1 on the website, and the ones that are there are really outdated music and patches.

Personally, I think it would be better if we had no MSU-1 on rom hacking, everyone that finds it there end up asking for help patching here anyway.

Also, I do not think previously submitted rom hacks are in limbo, I doubt the moderators there are going to review 10,000 patches. They will probably deal with cases as they pop up.

Yes, I also encountered problems there. I eventually got it published after resubmitting it appropriately, but I'm now considering removing the hack from there. There certainly appears to be a lot of drama there without any assistance. I might be mistaken, though. I had these hacks in mind when I used the word limbo.

"Brazilian Portuguese romhacking scene, we have a few dozen translations that were created 10~20 years ago, and whose authors aren't active anymore. These guys left our community for years and all facts suggest they retired from romhacking. For preservation purposes, could we upload these translations, even though we might not necessarily be contributors to some of these translations?"
I apologize for not making that clearer.

This new rule might work against them, in my opinion. I concur that it won't effect submitted hacks, only the new. The policing system will probably end up being a disaster. I agree with your statement on no MSU1 hacks be there. The're better of being here in my opinion.
Polargames
Polargames

RHDN Rule Image112

Back to top Go down

Post by lexluthermiester Mon 20 Feb 2023 - 0:15

For the record, people are over-reacting. Submissions based on an effort to archive abandoned hack/translations will still be accepted.

The purpose of this new policy was to stop people submitting work they did not create as their own. It's been a serious problem that required us to make a slight change. Honest contributors to the community are unaffected.

This policy has been in effect since fall of last year and has shown to be more effective than previous policies.

I hope that clarifies things.

lexluthermiester
Bee
Bee

Since : 2019-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Tue 21 Feb 2023 - 17:20

lexluthermiester wrote:For the record, people are over-reacting. Submissions based on an effort to archive abandoned hack/translations will still be accepted.

The purpose of this new policy was to stop people submitting work they did not create as their own. It's been a serious problem that required us to make a slight change. Honest contributors to the community are unaffected.

This policy has been in effect since fall of last year and has shown to be more effective than previous policies.

I hope that clarifies things.

Yes, thank you for the clarification on it. 😀
Polargames
Polargames

RHDN Rule Image112

Back to top Go down