Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches

Go down

Would you like new MD+/MSU-MD patches?

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote109%Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote11 9% 
[ 1 ]
Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote100%Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote109%Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote11 9% 
[ 1 ]
Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote1082%Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches I_vote11 82% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 11

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Empty Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 5:32

Is this still a thing?
I was wondering because feedback is little to none in the development section.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Image111

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Empty Re: Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches

Post by Relikk Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 6:43

We may host and develop almost everything here, but this site is fairly obscure in the grand scheme of things. Not a lot of people know about it. When you see people linking to MSU1 stuff in particular, it's usually a link to some outdated, cherrypicked pack that someone compiled and stuck up on Archive.org, and without any proper accreditation for whoever contributed to the project, so not a lot of people know where to find the source.

So, essentially limiting the exposure of your hacks to here is probably a bad idea. I don't know if you've become adverse to the idea of using Twitter, but I know Bob from RetroRGB used to pick up on your tweets about your hacks when you were previously active. Maybe making a little more noise and letting people know where to find your development patches might help get more people on board. The people here that would be interested are quite busy, or are already burned out from the work they've already done, so trying to find time to create and test isn't always possible.

One of your options in the poll is sadly a true reflection of what people want. Rarely anyone who is not involved in the creation of them wants to test them. They just want the finished result. There's also the question of interest in the specific games that are being worked on, and whether or not direct replacements for the original soundtracks are available.

Lastly I'll say that, whether you like it or not, Krikzz divided the scene when he pushed MSU-MD and refused to implement MD+ when he first released his MEDP, and as a result of his name carrying more weight in the community there was a manifestation of misinformation surrounding the standards that still continues to this day, and a lot of people are tired of it.
Relikk
Relikk

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Empty Re: Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 6:55

That sums it up very good indeed. Thank you for this, Relikk.
*sigh* ok, then at least we 2 are having fun ^^
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 9:28

I cannot really give my 2 cents here, I hardly follow this sections. I am (was) a SNES nerd, but also MSU and SNES interest grew smaller, we all get older and retro games maybe doesn't attract youngsters anymore.

I see it in the dev for Der Langrisser, there's maybe a handful of people interested in it's progress, but that's it. I'd recommend to msu (or MD) the games you like most. I did that for bszelda, Zelda, Mario and 5-10 other games I played in my youth. The majority of the hacks I created was only for fun, because I was able to do it. I never even played them.
To avoid frustrations, enjoy what you are able to do and hack the favorite games of your childhood that you want to feature with better nusic Embarassed
Conn
Conn

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 9:55

Yes, that's also very true and even if it's hard to accept those facts I guess it's time to do so.
Thanks for your input on this!
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 11:23

i'm sort of in the same boat as conn lol, i wind up working on many games and not actually playing the result.

i've been posting up betas etc for about a year and it is fairly rare (but highly appreciated) for people to test and report back.

i think conn's advice here is good. work on what you want to see, and try to enjoy it when it's done.
Cubear
Cubear

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 19:08

Arcade TV, what do you think about being moderator in this forum? I think you are the main dev for this section Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 19:13

I was unaware of the poll; had I known, I would have participated. My vote would consider producing more patches if it helped. Anyhow, could I suggest a game Contra Hard Corps if there is a chance for one? It was a well-known Sega game with amazing graphics. This is merely a recommendation.
Polargames
Polargames

Interest-Check for new MD+/MSU-MD patches Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcadeTV Wed 12 Apr 2023 - 20:19

Conn wrote:what do you think about being moderator in this forum?
Thanks but I won't be able to moderate properly when my son gets older - he's 7 weeks today and while I enjoy some spare time tinkering with Mega Drive stuff I dunno how long this will last.
ArcadeTV
ArcadeTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 2:59

Oh, congratulations for being father! Very Happy It was just a proposal since you'd had more options to edit this sections better. This forum is luckily quite relaxed nowadays anyways Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down