Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs

Go down

Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs Empty Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs

Post by Relikk Mon 1 May 2023 - 8:48

Since we don't allow linking to full ROMs on the forum, infidelity recently released an MSU1 version of their NES port of Mega Man 2. The link to the original PS2 audio pack and ROM can be found on their Twitter account. The original link to their Mega Man IV release from August of 2021 is also available on their Twitter.

Here are full PCM packs of Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski's Mega Man II and Mega Man IV guitar playthroughs for them, seeing as some people like that kind of thing.

Mega Man II Guitar Playthrough by Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski PCM's (by Relikk)

Mega Man IV Guitar Playthrough by Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski PCM's (by Relikk)

Bandcamp pages:

https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-2-gp-revised

https://krzysztofslowikowski.bandcamp.com/album/mega-man-4-gp
Relikk
Relikk

Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs Empty Re: Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs

Post by Retroplay Tue 2 May 2023 - 7:21

To get it running properly in Ares/BSNES without glitched out graphics, see this:
https://github.com/bsnes-emu/bsnes/issues/278#issuecomment-1528848232
looks like you just need to double-up the ROM data with a hex editor.

Long story short, the game's code erroneously jumps to a higher bank in the LoROM address space, but there is no data there. That's not saying his code is broken, but flash carts/emulators auto-mask off any address bigger than the original game should be using so if the bank doesn't initialize to the lower half of the address space then it glitches. The SNES Blaster doesn't have a big FPGA in there so it doesn't handle all addresses, so it can't do auto-masking.

I've tested it working on a SNES Blaster here, so just double-up the data in the ROM file and you'll be good to go.
It's running perfectly well in Ares and BSNES after doing that. Smile
Retroplay
Retroplay

Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs Image110

Since : 2019-08-21

Back to top Go down

Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs Empty Re: Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs

Post by Arasoi Sat 6 May 2023 - 10:55

Thank you very much, I'm a big fan of MET's work and it's great to have it on these two games.
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs Empty Mega Man 4 MET looped pcm pack?

Post by Arasoi Sun 25 Jun 2023 - 9:23

Thanks again for making pcm packs for MET's versions of the MM 2/4 ASTs.

I was wondering if perhaps a pack for 4 could be made with proper loop points on the songs, rather than just fading out and restarting?
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 25 Jun 2023 - 9:26

Are you sure you're talking about the one that I edited and linked to above?

Mega Man IV Guitar Playthrough by Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski PCM's (by Relikk)
Relikk
Relikk

Mega Man II & IV MSU1 (infidelity) Krzysztof "MET" Słowikowski Guitar Playthroughs Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasoi Sun 25 Jun 2023 - 13:59

Actually it looks like I was mistaken, not sure where that pcm set I had before came from, but yours are looping perfectly.

Sorry about that. Confused
Arasoi
Arasoi
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 25 Jun 2023 - 14:02

There was a previous version on the forum done by someone else, yeah. I remember saying I'd redo it as I didn't have faith in their ability to do it correctly. Looks like I was right. Anyway, enjoy.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down