Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria)

Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria)

Post by Dogeritos Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 18:23

I'm now working on a new LTTP hack, which lets you play as a Saria-looking girl (not sure if I should make her Saria or not). I know that something similar has already been done with the Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets (where the girl mascot is replaced by either Saria, Malon, or Impa), so yeah, I'm fully aware of that, but I'm sure it hasn't been done yet with LTTP, so yeah, BOOM! Original idea coming your way! I've taken the gfx from the girl mascot from BS Zelda series, and made her hair green.
Here's a screenshot of the Saria character  Woot!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smyhxufxg7z4ue4/lttp_00000.png?dl=0

I hope you all can add some input to this project to make it better. The first patch will be released when I get some more major components changed. Thanks!

***UPDATE***(1-31-15)
I've changed the healing fairy's graphics to look Navi-like!

https://imgur.com/pUIG24T

Sorry about the small image size... I couldn't seem to expand the image without messing it up. I know, I can fix it, but I just want to get this image out for you all, so yeah! Hope you all keep following this hack.

***UPDATE***(2-1-15)
Got the flute to look more like a recognizable ocarina (thanks to puzzledude for helping me find the icon graphics for items:D)

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) 2mx0va2

What's your opinion on the hack? What else should I add? Make suggestions and requests below, thanks!  Very Happy
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Since : 2014-11-24

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty Re: Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria)

Post by Puzzledude Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 6:31

Well, hello on this forum as well, where we are trying to make the best Alttp hacks. Nice new Flute by the way.

Regarding the ideas. Changing gfx definitely makes a difference. Maybe you can gain some ideas from Parallel Worlds gfx and try to change some more inventory items or sprites to look different. And what every player will enjoy: at least remodel the original dungeons to be solved differently. I've done a similar thing of dungeon remodeling years back:
https://www.zeldix.net/t411-the-legend-of-zelda-puzzledude-s-quest.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty Update (2-2-15)

Post by Dogeritos Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 18:25

***UPDATE*** (2-2-15)
I gave the knights faces (like the Parallel Worlds hack).

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) OOBSeaa
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty New Boomerang Graphics

Post by Dogeritos Tue 3 Feb 2015 - 21:25

***UPDATED*** (2-3-15)
Gave the boomerang a new look (subject to change).

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) FIUxtbU

How does it look? How can I improve it?
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty New Look For Numbers

Post by Dogeritos Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 20:43

***UPDATE*** (2-4-15)
Changed the look of the numbers.

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) LoyCk2e
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty New Hieroglyphics Look

Post by Dogeritos Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 20:12

***UPDATE*** (2-5-15)
Attempted to bring back the hieroglyphics from the Japanese version.

https://i.imgur.com/8hMowCe.png
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty Re: Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria)

Post by Dogeritos Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 16:14

Thank you, now I can make the hieroglyphics bigger and make them look more like they did in the Japanese game! Very Happy
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty Tile in Eastern Palace has been Restored

Post by Dogeritos Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 18:01

***UPDATE*** (2-6-15)
I edited the tile in the Eastern Palace where the Big Key appears to where it looks like it did in the original Japanese game. (thanks to puzzledude for helping me find where the graphic was for it in YY-CHR Very Happy) The original design was taken out when it came to America because it looked like the Star of David, and Nintendo couldn't add religious references to their games, so yeah, here's a little restore of how the game should've looked!

https://i.imgur.com/0SleW4y.png
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty Edited the Knight bosses in the Eastern Palace

Post by Dogeritos Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 17:24

***UPDATE*** (2-7-15)
I gave the knight bosses in the Eastern Palace a new look.

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) EPqoTm2
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty Pendents Changed to Pieces

Post by Dogeritos Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 19:22

***UPDATE*** (2-8-15)
I changed the pendents to pieces, so they now make a triforce! Very Happy

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) RcILBPD
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogeritos Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:09

I'm currently working on a demo patch as a sneak preview of all the graphics changes I've made and how the game will potentially look when I'm done with it. The hack itself will be subject to change from this upcoming demo patch. Thank you, and please keep following this hack to the end!
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Empty 1ST PATCH RELEASED!!!

Post by Dogeritos Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 21:05

My first (Alpha) patch is FINALLY available for all of you who've been following this hack. Now note, I just threw this together, and it's subject to change for the final product, and not all the graphics changes are final (I know, the Link replacing Zelda didn't go too well... I'll improve it one way or another though!), but yeah, I hope you all enjoy this little, quick display of what the hack will be like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mr272j9683wp2mr/Zelda%20%28Play%20as%20Saria%29.zip?dl=0
Dogeritos
Dogeritos
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 22 Apr 2015 - 14:41

It seems that the upper link requires for you to have a Dropbox account and have to be sign-in before you can download.

Here the Zip without this requirement (direct download)
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/6hedi1f0levh771/Zelda%20%28Play%20as%20Saria%29.zip?dl=0

Unzip. Get the Alttp rom US with the header on the internet (Roms are not allowed on this site). It should be a SMC file with 1.025KB (and not the 1.024KB) in size. Then patch the IPS in the zip to the SMC file using the LunarIPS program. Then you can play it in Snes9x or Zsnes or any other emu, since the original SMC will be "converted" into the modified one.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Link to the Past Hack (Play as Saria) Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down