Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack?

Post by undeon Wed 22 Mar 2023 - 16:09

Conn wrote:Yeah, well. Darkshock and kurrono are gone.
Also I don't know which code you use, there's this kurrono patch:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1743-top-gear-2-more-racing-tracks-hack
Darkshock didn't share his source and kurrono is complicated, he has attached 2 source codes. So maybe we must live with that

The bug exists in the game itself. It's not related to any of the MSU-1 mods. Embarassed

undeon
Newcomer

Since : 2023-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 22 Mar 2023 - 19:59

I see, in this case you're in the wrong forum unfortunately, we are Zelda and MSU related only.
You need to request at romhacking.net
Conn
Conn

Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack? - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Thu 23 Mar 2023 - 18:13

Conn wrote:Darkshock didn't share his source ...
Actually, he did previously made all his source codes available, but at some point he took down several of his repositories in github related to MSU-1 (Maybe people were driving him crazy with so many requests \o/).

Fortunately, I have made backups of them including Top Gear 2 and its ASM file.

It's written in bass assembler syntax, though (But I do remember a first iteration of it written in Asar syntax). So anyone who is willing to take a look at it to fix bugs may need a bit of time to be acquainted. Anyway, taking another look at github, it seems a few of his repositories are back online!!

Might be a good idea to retrieve the MSU-1 repositories pages and link them into the DarkShock MSU-1 entries ;-)
Attachments
Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack? - Page 2 Attachment
TopGear2-MSU1-master.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(10 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Colines on Thu 23 Mar 2023 - 18:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Attach Top Gear 2 MSU-1 source code)
Colines
Colines

Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack? - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Thu 23 Mar 2023 - 20:08

undeon wrote:Hi, there's a bug in this game related to the engine sounds. The four engines available has its unique sound, but due to this bug, the sound of engine from player 1 is swapped with the sound of engine from player 2. If you're playing alone, you keep the engine 1 sound forever, since there's no player 2 to change the engine.

I don't know nothing about programing on SNES, but since this forum is related to change the game music, I'm hopping to someone saying it's not thaaat difficult to correct.

It's easy to replicate the problem. Just use any 2-player password with enough money to buy any engine.

Thanks in advance

More information is needed to issue a proper fix for this, are player 1+2 engine sounds swapped? do both players use player2's sound?

i can issue a fix that makes the sound load from player1's inventory if only single player performance matters, only instruction $9ff5e4 needs to be changed, from
lda $1d2c
to
lda $1d03

if you wish to do this for yourself, you can open the rom in a hex editor and replace:

byte 0FF5E5

2C with 03
Cubear
Cubear

Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack? - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2021-11-17

https://www.patreon.com/Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by undeon Fri 24 Mar 2023 - 8:50

Cubear wrote:More information is needed to issue a proper fix for this, are player 1+2 engine sounds swapped? do both players use player2's sound?

i can issue a fix that makes the sound load from player1's inventory if only single player performance matters, only instruction $9ff5e4 needs to be changed, from
lda $1d2c
to
lda $1d03

if you wish to do this for yourself, you can open the rom in a hex editor and replace:

byte 0FF5E5

2C with 03

Both engine sounds are swapped. Player 1 uses Player 2 engine sound in single and multiplayer and Player 2 uses Player 1 engine sound in multiplayer. I tested the fix you suggested and it solved the Player 1 engine sound in both single and multiplayer. The Player 2 engine sound is still swapped in multiplayer. Making the same kind of change on the right place will completely fix this issue.

undeon
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Fri 24 Mar 2023 - 13:18

This should fix the issue, then.  I've also submitted it to RHDN for other people who might be bothered by such a thing (but not track down this unrelated forum in order to fix the problem.)

rhdn link to patch:
Code:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7664/
Attachments
Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack? - Page 2 Attachment
Top Gear 2 (USA) -sound fix.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Last edited by Cubear on Sat 25 Mar 2023 - 16:32; edited 1 time in total
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by undeon Fri 24 Mar 2023 - 17:18

Cubear wrote:This should fix the issue, then.  I've also submitted it to RHDN for other people who might be bothered by such a thing (but not track down this unrelated forum in order to fix the problem.)

I tested in single and multiplayer and it really solved the issue. Thanks for your help Smile
And sorry for asking this here. I didn't know about the request session on Romhacks.

undeon
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock Fri 24 Mar 2023 - 17:42

Colines wrote:
Conn wrote:Darkshock didn't share his source ...
Actually, he did previously made all his source codes available, but at some point he took down several of his repositories in github related to MSU-1 (Maybe people were driving him crazy with so many requests \o/).

Fortunately, I have made backups of them including Top Gear 2 and its ASM file.

It's written in bass assembler syntax, though (But I do remember a first iteration of it written in Asar syntax). So anyone who is willing to take a look at it to fix bugs may need a bit of time to be acquainted. Anyway, taking another look at github, it seems a few of his repositories are back online!!

Might be a good idea to retrieve the MSU-1 repositories pages and link them into the DarkShock MSU-1 entries ;-)

Hi!

Wow it felt weird getting forum notifications from that thread.

I did make my MSU-1 repos private for a while due to the company were I was working got bought by a big company and they were very keen on copyright assignment and such so I didn't want to risk anything (I was not able to work on a SNES assembler just because it had SNES in the name). Now that I long gone from that, I put then back online a while ago.

Enjoy: https://github.com/mlarouche/TopGear2-MSU1
DarkShock
DarkShock

Since : 2014-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubear Fri 24 Mar 2023 - 17:55

Let me just say Darkshock, I watched your videos on hacking this game to get myself started on making MSU1 hacks.  Thank you for making them.
Cubear
Cubear

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkShock Fri 24 Mar 2023 - 18:04

Cubear wrote:Let me just say Darkshock, I watched your videos on hacking this game to get myself started on making MSU1 hacks.  Thank you for making them.

Glad that you enjoyed it and got you started Very Happy
DarkShock
DarkShock

Since : 2014-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 25 Mar 2023 - 10:47

Welcome back, I didn't expect hearing from you ever again Smile I'd wish I had known how to reach you as I had a hard time with MegaMan, I had to hex hijack since I couldn't find the source. But they are stable now, and all is working fine 😃
Conn
Conn

Top Gear 2 SNES MSU1 Hack? - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2