Bigger Map?

Go down

Bigger Map? Empty Bigger Map?

Post by Andcool on Fri 10 Feb 2017 - 17:27

So I looking to start, and I am wondering, is there any way to expand either the over world or underworld, or both. I have a lot of cool ideas, and especially with the over world, I won't have a lot of space. Is there already maybe a ASM patch for this?

Andcool
Newcomer

Since : 2017-02-10

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Bigger Map? Empty Re: Bigger Map?

Post by wizzrobemaster on Fri 10 Feb 2017 - 19:25

Is this why it is not recommended to have a connecting cave/dungeon lead from the DW to the Light World?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 4:06

wizzrobemaster wrote:Is this why it is not recommended to have a connecting cave/dungeon lead from the DW to the Light World?

I'd say that isn't recommended because the game would probably still think you were in the other world. The overworld would probably end up being glitched if it even loaded at all.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Bigger Map? Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 2:16

I have experienced this through glitching in the GBA port. if you exit a DW dungeon when entering a LW dungeon, the game still thinks you are in the LW and vise versa. Even the jars are LW and Cuccos are normal.  

Keep in mind that I am not even requesting to make this change. It is fine as it is (although an Ocarina warp point would have been nice, but the limitations prevent that from being possible).

Wasn't there a hack that had this connection?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by wizzrobemaster on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 7:39

Do you have an ASM patch?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 7:55

The game will not allow DW to LW cave, but this can be overcome with ASM, which Conn did and I already used it for the Kaizo Lite hack.
Oh wow... Almost forgot that Moegami had this request once. Didn't know it survived the years. Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Bigger Map? Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropylium on Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 21:45

Puzzledude wrote:
wizzrobemaster wrote:Is this why it is not recommended to have a connecting cave/dungeon lead from the DW to the Light World?  
The game will not allow such a connection at all, since there is a byte which tells the game in which world the character is. No matter what you do in a dungeon, the game will not swap worlds, which basically means you also can not (for instance) make a light world with double amount of areas and no dark world.

In other words entering any indoors in light world will no allow exit in dark and vice versa. The result will be a heavy gfx and sprite glitch, since the game will think it is in the light world while loading dark world sprites and gfx uppon area transit.
If memory from my EG days serves, graphics glitching upon exit from this kind of a connection is really quite light, no worse than the nicer variants of Death Mountain Descent. Theoretically you could maybe remove the relevant distinct DW graphics/palettes entirely, and set them to be a copy of the LW graphics/palettes instead? which should mostly then avoid visual clashes. The result could be that the "DW" exit leads to a duplicate screen, which can however have minor gameplay-relevant differences; that then disappear if you leave the screen and return. (E.g. an entrance going in turn again to a different area than on the corresponding LW screen.)

Alternately, if the DW area were walled in (no screen transitions possible), then it could be too built to be an "extended LW" overworld area all of its own.

The only thing that the cave-entrance DW screen would have to share with its LW counterpart are probably the sprites (≈ enemies) and map position?

(But this is all thinking out loud, not tested — maybe something else would still get in the way.)
Tropylium
Tropylium
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer on Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:55

I find that idea abit too complicated and screwy to work out.
How much space can zelda 3 hold altogether without going flop and corrupting something else important ?
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Witch
Witch

Since : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum