ZScream Magic

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ZScream Magic

Post by zarby89 on Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 12:22

Not Available yet

Hi, i'm creating this new thread for my Dungeon Editor ZScream Magic
it is not available yet, that post will be used to post updates
and new informations about it here a video of what it looks like
and what it can do so far Smile



the ui is not final at all !, if you have any suggestion for it i would really like to hear them Smile i think the possibility to save/load layout , copy paste, undo redo, and multiple objects selection will speed up thing by alots, it still not in a useable state this is not possible to change/move doors yet, not possible to add new objects
here's the progression of the missing stuff for the 1st version release (i'll update them frequently) :
- Doors ~95%
- Sprites ~85%
- Tiles Objects ~90%
- Load and Save ~90%
- UI ~70%
- Blocks ~100%
- Torches ~100%
- Entrances Stuff ~50%
- JP Text Editor ~100%


Last edited by zarby89 on Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 15:20; edited 5 times in total
avatar
zarby89



Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by SunGodPortal on Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 17:24

Nice.
avatar
SunGodPortal



Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 18:17

Make sure that this program does not bug out after using the over world editor with HM. One thing I suggest is to have every feature HM had such as editing the room properties, the music, and entrance exit data. It could also use a memory limit detection as a failsafe mechanic for roms.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by zarby89 on Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 9:26

hahaha Razz you say that as if it was easy to do, i will probably do an overworld editor in the future to go with the dungeon editor but nothing else planned for now, there's already some people working on music another thing to note is my editor should be able to be used fine with HM..., it could take 1-2 years until i have something as complete like HM

what i will add though is a rom recovery thing, even if the rom is corrupted it will try to get as much data as it can and patch a new rom with it, so if your rom end up being corrupted for whatever reason you'll be able to recover most of your work
avatar
zarby89



Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 9:35

That would be really helpful. HM's over world editor might be disorganized, but at least it is a bit more stable. With the rom recovery option, could it apply to individual rooms as a patch so that way if one room is corrupted, you can reset it back to the way it was during its native release? I have a patch where one room is corrupted so HM cannot edit it unfortunately. The rest of the game, however, is still playable.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by zarby89 on Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 9:41

the way my editor is working that should never happen anyways, it pretty much impossible to corrupt data since i'm rewriting everything when you save, i think HM is only modifying data so it can cause corruption if you go too far or something

but yeah the recovery option will have multiple option on it if it can't load a room for whatever reason it will ask you if you want to try to recover it or not so you should be able to keep all the others rooms and that one won't be restored
avatar
zarby89



Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by Puzzledude on Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 15:27

Make sure that this program does not bug out after using the over world editor with HM.
And why should he do that. Because some random person who can't do anything himself is asking for it. You think opening one Rom with 2 different editors is a smart thing to do, when hex transfering the dungeons from one rom (edited with zarby's indoor editor) to another rom (edited with HM overworld editor) is a lot better and a bugfree choice.

I suggest you do the latter, the author on the other hand can make an editor the way he wants. If you ask me, its completely irrelevant and unnecessary fot the editor to be compatible with HM edited rom (in fact this is not recommended from a debug perspective). You just don't mix one rom with 2 editors, specially not if one is known for its buggy nature.
avatar
Puzzledude



Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 18:52

When did Sephiroth3 vanish from the boards?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by SunGodPortal on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 3:38

wizzrobemaster wrote:When did Sephiroth3 vanish from the boards? 

When he saw you coming. Cool
avatar
SunGodPortal



Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 5:19

SunGodPortal wrote:
wizzrobemaster wrote:When did Sephiroth3 vanish from the boards? 

When he saw you coming. Cool

Are you saying he saw the future?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by SunGodPortal on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:02

wizzrobemaster wrote:
SunGodPortal wrote:
wizzrobemaster wrote:When did Sephiroth3 vanish from the boards? 

When he saw you coming. Cool

Are you saying he saw the future?

No. If he could he wouldn't have invested so much time in an editor that he was never going to finish.
avatar
SunGodPortal



Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:10

I think the bottom line is that he was being a troll. The fact that it took more than a decade to finally have other editors in the works (I still want to know the status updates on Zeldix Magic). I really hope this one gets a release so that way the community can actually expand and we get more good hacks.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by Puzzledude on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:14

I think the bottom line is that he was being a troll.
Not really, he was doing it the way anyone would start, he just never got through the "debug" procedure.
avatar
Puzzledude



Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:16

Is the debug the most part? what I don't understand is why did he not allow anyone to finish his work and why did he give the condition that no one was allowed to give the source code if he never intended to finish it?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by Puzzledude on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:21

wizzrobemaster wrote:Is the debug the most part? what I don't understand is why did he not allow anyone to finish his work and why did he give the condition that no one was allowed to give the source code if he never intended to finish it?
This is indeed odd. But do note: most coders and programers will Not share the source code, since with it you can alter the program they made. He didn't want this, which is understandable, what is not logical though, is why not share the source if the program needs to be altered for debug.
avatar
Puzzledude



Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 18:36

Puzzledude wrote:
wizzrobemaster wrote:Is the debug the most part? what I don't understand is why did he not allow anyone to finish his work and why did he give the condition that no one was allowed to give the source code if he never intended to finish it?
This is indeed odd. But do note: most coders and programers will Not share the source code, since with it you can alter the program they made. He didn't want this, which is understandable, what is not logical though, is why not share the source if the program needs to be altered for debug.

Because it could either fall into the wrong hands or the program could get ruined?

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by SunGodPortal on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 19:23

wizzrobemaster wrote:
Puzzledude wrote:
wizzrobemaster wrote:Is the debug the most part? what I don't understand is why did he not allow anyone to finish his work and why did he give the condition that no one was allowed to give the source code if he never intended to finish it?
This is indeed odd. But do note: most coders and programers will Not share the source code, since with it you can alter the program they made. He didn't want this, which is understandable, what is not logical though, is why not share the source if the program needs to be altered for debug.

Because it could either fall into the wrong hands or the program could get ruined?

It more likely has to do with the embarrassment the author would feel after releasing such a poorly coded program. The source code would reveal just how awful it really is.
avatar
SunGodPortal



Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by zarby89 on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 19:38

Meh to be fair HM is very well made, the code is not really good to look at but still really solid code in my opinion this is actually really hard to do an editor of that complexity for a snes game but yeah this is not really a reason to not share code my code is probably more awful than HM and i'm sharing it...
avatar
zarby89



Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Wed 27 Dec 2017 - 20:37

Well, at least it is a start. Once the program is released by having a more stable dungeon editor that is easier to use, then hopefully someone else who is skilled could expand on the program.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by zarby89 on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 12:00



starting work on the entrances, i also added a new way to move between room instead of the arrows in HM
avatar
zarby89



Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 14:57

One of the reasons I took a break from HM was because my laptop did not have a num pad to move the doors.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by zarby89 on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 16:12

Speaking of doors, is there a difference between a door on layer 1,2,3 ? , i completly forgot about layer for doors i might just put all of them on layer 3 unless there's a specific reason they should not

wizzrobemaster wrote:Well, at least it is a start. Once the program is released by having a more stable dungeon editor that is easier to use, then hopefully someone else who is skilled could expand on the program.

it will be probably easier to use, more stable not so sure about that for now at least probably not the first version... and i don't think anyone will continue my work if i ever stop haha, same as HM i would not work on it... it easier to create a new app entirely and would be more efficient too
avatar
zarby89



Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by wizzrobemaster on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 16:28

Well I hope this editor becomes a success.

wizzrobemaster
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2015-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by SunGodPortal on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 17:35

zarby89 wrote:Speaking of doors, is there a difference between a door on layer 1,2,3 ? , i completly forgot about layer for doors i might just put all of them on layer 3 unless there's a specific reason they should not

From what I understand the door types determine which layer you are on when you enter the room. Using the wrong door type could have you entering a room and then walking over or under everything. Same goes for the staircases that lead to other rooms.
avatar
SunGodPortal



Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by Puzzledude on Thu 28 Dec 2017 - 18:25

Speaking of doors, is there a difference between a door on layer 1,2,3 ? , i completly forgot about layer for doors i might just put all of them on layer 3 unless there's a specific reason they should not
You can put them all on layer 3 by default and there should/will be no problems.

Same goes for the staircases that lead to other rooms.
Not really. Both, the vertical and round staircases that lead to other rooms are basically objects, usually inserted on layer 1. The BG in which you enter another room is then specified in the room header properties under "plane".
avatar
Puzzledude



Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: ZScream Magic

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum