SPC placeholder

PepilloPEV/Kurrono patch v1.4
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/aladdin_msu1-patch.zip

Kurrono PCM set v1.1:
https://app.box.com/s/aq8mkx2zm97w8wqllpn15dpko1024noc
Track 10 (intro) with voice:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvX_RmSPv95RgQCLdMGwsaNKEs8A
(just replace that from the set with this one if you want to have voice over the intro)

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 18:40; edited 7 times in total
pev

Aladdin - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Aladdin :: Comments

Conn

Post Tue 29 May 2018 - 15:11 by Conn

I put it below your pcm set in the first post, thanks K Wink

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 29 May 2018 - 15:15 by kurrono

Your welcome ,Conn Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 29 May 2018 - 21:50 by loloff

Thanks so much...great intro track

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 29 May 2018 - 22:45 by kurrono

Bro u made my day... thank u so much ... i like that Salaaaam ans good evening

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Thu 1 Oct 2020 - 18:24 by Conn

yes, anybody here?
I used a spc placeholder until we get a new msu video

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 18:24 by Bonenanza

I produced a crash on the FX Pak Pro (SD2SNES) when i visited the BGM soundtest (or whatever it is called) in the options menu..
is that a known bug? i went backwards in the numbers if that helps...
are there any specifications for the FX Pak settings that I should remember or should i just go with the default settings?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 3:24 by Conn

The bgm menu doesn't work in msu, but I fixed some of the code. In the asm, it says:
sd2snes only plays msu pcm at CAPCOM logo then no more
Maybe this works better

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 3:44 by Conn

alex_tenjo requested to move the code to be more compatible with pal versions.

Can anybody test sd2snes and whether the sound menu still crashes (the sound menu test will not work, but a crash should be fixed. Then I'd replace the first post link.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 6:05 by alex_tenjo

Unfortunately, your last version does not fix the sound test.
The bug is not systematically occurring, you need to keep on selecting tracks and after a few attempts the game will keep playing a loud sound with no way to stop it except by starting a new game. However I did not encounter any crash during my tests, but one thing is constant: you cannot play the song 01 (Capcom Logo) at all. It plays normally when you launch the game, but never when selected in the sound test, while all other tracks play normally.

Thanks for moving you code, unfortunately there is code on your new range in every other ROM regions (PAL-E, PAL-F, PAL-G and NTSC-J). This a just a suggestion but does expanding the ROM to 12Mbit and moving the MSU main code to the new area is something easily possible? Once again this is just a suggestion, I do not known if expanding the ROM will not require heavy other changes on the remaining code.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 7:07 by Conn

Alright, try this Smile
Attachments
Aladdin - Page 2 Attachment
aladdin_msu1-patch-pev-kurrono-v1.4.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.1 Mb) Downloaded 5 times

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 9:23 by alex_tenjo

Thanks Conn, I can now confirm that track 01 is working in the sound test with your last iteration. That menu also seems to be more stable even if I still encountered the bug: "the game will keep playing a loud sound with no way to stop it except by starting a new game". As you previously wrote, "The bgm menu doesn't work in msu", but it is now working a way better.

Thanks for moving the MSU main code, it allow a NTSC-J compatibility. I have attached an ips file if someone is interested to patch the Japanese version (there is more or less nothing to change from the US patch to make it compatible). On another side, reallocated the code is not enough for the PAL versions, none of them are correctly working (no crash but random tracks playing and no proper stops for some of them). Thanks for your time and for the changes you have made.
Attachments
Aladdin - Page 2 Attachment
aladdin-j_msu.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 9:33 by Conn

Is this sound sd2snes only or also emu? If yes on emu, how to reproduce
Edit, and why did you attach a japa ips if my code is compatible... Is it because I made it bps? If yes I can publish it as ips Very Happy

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 10:06 by alex_tenjo

I have not test the sound test in emulation. I have observed what I described above on SD2SNES only because you have asked to make a SD2SNES sound test in one of your last posts.

Sorry for my poor previous explanation, putting your main MSU code in a new area of the ROM allow your code to be successfully applied on the Japanese ROM with a little shift of the two first value ranges of your code. A separate file that contents the needed code moves is require. Sorry for having wrote "compatible", where "possible to make it compatible with a few changes" seems more appropriate. Really sorry for the introduced confusion. Confused

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 10:34 by Conn

Alright, sorry here as well. I couldn't reproduce it on emu, so for now, I'd say: avoid sound menu in sd2snes.

I also added your japa version to the archive. Since it is bps it isn't much compatible with pal versions (you'd need to extract a ips).
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/aladdin_msu1-patch.zip

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 10:57 by alex_tenjo

The patch is unfortunately too unstable to be apply on any PAL ROM, that is why I made a bps files to avoid any problem.
Maybe someone interested and skilled will one day dig into your last version code's to make it fully PAL compatible.
Thanks Conn, for making a shift in your code to allow a MSU1 Japanese version.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 12:21 by Conn

bad news for the pal versions. Though it is easy to port, the X and Y registers are different for msu track mappings. So I ported the code, but only half of the tracks were playing. Let's skip that, otherwise there would be requests to port all other 160 hacks as well into pal Confused

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 14 Nov 2021 - 15:01 by pev

@Retroplay Aladdin FastROM patch moved to Merged Section. There is a reason that section was created.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2