Ys IV - Mask of the Sun

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ys IV - Mask of the Sun Empty Ys IV - Mask of the Sun

PepilloPEV MSU1 Patch v1.2:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yvxbh77by54mngr/ys4-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.2.zip/file

edale Ys IV Perfect Collection Album:
https://mega.nz/#!WFBnTA4D!iJnHGL4LRcO6PtVqRY3LqRiW20EgfNrNqfc_qfmktcs

edale Ys IV PS2 OST v2:
https://mega.nz/#!XNo2EKDS!i9rzVT8A6E4lPVUIcuW-hCymCVYZiCZugerxmHTSrTI

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 19:16; edited 33 times in total
pev

Ys IV - Mask of the Sun Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Ys IV - Mask of the Sun :: Comments

Post Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 14:29 by pev

@edale Ok, I updated the patch to version 1.1 which includes SPC fallback for missing PCM files.

Let me know if you encounter any issues. I am aware that this game has three points in the game that involve too much text (it corrupts the graphics). This happens on the original clean ROM too (Aeon Genesis release). Only way to remove them is too save the game, restart, and CONTINUE the game. I verified the graphics bug when I was watching a long play video from this YouTube user, linked below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2HQ7en65ZY
1st one happens at the 21:04 time mark
2nd one happens at the 1:27:47 time mark
3rd one happens at the 2:17:58 time mark

P.S. In the same dummy pcm set, I inserted some of your TG-CD sampes (that I could match). The rest are just dummy tracks that call out the track number. If the track number is played once (this is non-loop). If the dummy track number is called repeatedly (this is a looping track). Yes, I played through the annoying lady calling out track numbers, lol. Don't bother me one bit. I got this idea from Conn. Makes it easier to troubleshoot if correct track is playing.

Wink Now for Ys V

Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 11:04; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 16:04 by Shiryu

Great work man, didn't know you were going for the whole 3 SFC games in a row. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 16:07 by pev

Ys has always been one of my favorite games. This gives me the opportunity to finish the SNES versions with improved audio.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 6:57 by pev

My PCM set is not complete, therefore, missing PCM tracks will default to SPC. This game is very difficult to get matching tracks due to how many iterations of the game were released (with different music too!).

If anyone wants to make tracks, just use the track list excel file that is part of the MSU1 patch zip file. Reference the missing tracks, make your own, and once you put in the game folder, MSU1 will start playing for that added track.

If you do not like using the excel track list, you can just fire up Snes9x and use the cheat editor to monitor the following addresses (forgot to mention that I coded this in my patch for msu debugging):

$7E0101 Shows currently playing track (in HEX, not sure if you can make it show in DEC)
$7E0111 Shows loop value [01] NoLoop, [03] Looping

Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 10:59; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 7:01 by pev

@Shiryu, @smokemonster If either of you have time to make a video to post, please, do so at your convenience. No rush.

I too, am slowly approaching the retirement phase. Once I'm done with Ys5 and Jurassic Park, I am truly done (not a break, but full pull out from the patching scene). I will still help moderating the site and fix any bugs from already released patches.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 7:05 by Shiryu

ASAP, I too am swarming in Nintendo Life works, I got 7(!) pending reviews... Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 27 Apr 2018 - 7:08 by pev

Thanks Shiryu.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 10:50 by pev

@Shiryu, I know you have been busy, so, I will post my own soon, for now. As soon as you have an opportunity to do your own video, I will replace mine with yours.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 10:52 by Shiryu

No worries. I hope to have videos up by tonight for this and "Super Scope 6".

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 10:54 by pev

@Shiryu Fantastic!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 10:55 by Shiryu

Oh right and "Battletoads" as well. z_z Ill manage somehow...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 11:32 by Conn

Just for the sake of my curiousity... Smile , is the partial pcm set final (the "partial" sounds like to you are going to add further pcm:s when available (by edale e.g.))?
And if final, did you code a spc fallback?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 11:34 by pev

@Conn Partial (meaning continuing work in progress), and yes, spc fallback is present (so no mute when PCM is missing). I have to check every part of the game and find a suitable soundtrack that fits that part of the game (not easy).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 11:40 by pev

@Conn You can see SPC fallback at work on my posted video at the 7:52 mark (when leaving the town).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 11:44 by Conn

Alright, thanks. Just wanted to know because I'm used to backup the releases, so I wait for next pcm packs releases before doing so.
Watching your video, it looks great so far Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 12:00 by pev

@Conn I will probably remove my PCM pack once edale is done with his. I just posted mine up in order to make a video and have something people can use to test the patch (and help find other potential bugs). Otherwise, the patch would have just been largely ignored since no PCMs accompanied it.

Wink edale has a great talent in making well looped PCMs (with an elegant and striking balance in volume too). I cannot forget the great Relikk too. Ah, and the omni-present Shiryu (it is the year of the Shiryu after all).

Back to top Go down

Rockslam

Post Sat 28 Apr 2018 - 20:53 by Rockslam

Good work guys!

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 8:34 by Shiryu

Strangely I am unable to properly patch the rom file. I have downloaded the JP version, added v2.00 AGTP translation patch and then flips tells me I am trying to patch the incorrect version of the ROM. Could this be a header problem?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 8:43 by Conn

I think not (unless your rom has a header), I guess you have the incorrect rom. Pev released in bps format, and this only patches the rom if it matches exactly.

Try maybe with different versions (like prepatched roms). Pev's readme says US version of YS IV, but there was never a US release I guess.

Edit: I tried both the J and the prepatched E rom, neither worked... Pev, if both are compatible I'd maybe suggest to release the patch as ips.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 11:01 by pev

@Conn, @Shiryu Apologies for the mishap. I used my standard template readme file and forgot to make the necessary adjustments in the text to refer to the Japanese ROM.

The BPS file included was derived out of an already patched Ys4 Japan ROM (v2.10 Aeon version). I since then corrected this with version 1.2 (please re-download). Now, the BPS will work on a clean Ys4 Jap ROM with a CRC value of CA7B4DB9 and includes MSU1 and Aeon's english patch in one package. My readme document was also updated to reflect this change.

I chose to do an all in one patch to avoid any additional confusion (ie, someone downloading an older version of Aeon's English patch and then not matching, etc).

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 12:33 by Shiryu

All fixed, video up!

- VIDEO MOVED TO THE TOP AND NOW IS MAIN ONE, REMOVED MINE -

Thanks, Shiryu (pev) Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 29 Apr 2018 - 12:58 by pev

@Shiryu Two more games to go and getting closer to retirement. Officialy retired from new projects.
Smile

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 6 May 2018 - 15:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 11:30 by edale

I've verified the new patch, with the v2.10 translation, fixes the graphical glitching.

The v2.10 patch was released 6 years after the 2.0 patch, so it's understandable why if your grabbing an English-pre-patched ROM you're likely getting the 2.0 patch instead.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 11:51 by pev

Cool, I’m glad Aeon’s latest English translation patch fixed the GFX issue. His fix not mine.

As for using an older Aeon Ys4 english patch, I admit, I was lazy to look for the ROM and patch separately. I took the lazy and easy way out, got the ROM prepatched. Luckily the new 2.10 patch did not affect MSU1 patch code.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next