Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Captain America and the Avengers :: Comments

Polargames

Post Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 6:38 by Polargames

Cover Art. I hope you like it :-)
Captain America and the Avengers Servei12

All rights belong to there respected parties. I just found this on google. :-)

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 6:39 by kurrono

Its great

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 20 Jul 2018 - 6:42 by Polargames

kurrono wrote:Its great

Thank you very much Kurrono Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 1:39 by MadK9

ty again for a great patch, but i am also just getting a black screen, tried 3 diff roms all the same.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 2:14 by Polargames

MadK9 wrote:ty again for a great patch, but i am also just getting a black screen, tried 3 diff roms all the same.

@Fullgamezone and @MadK9. Did you two make sure the rom was unheaded. It you did then you should not had an issue. I have at times thought that I had it unheaded but in fact I did not, Also did you make sure you named it right and put it in the folder with the pcms and stuff. I have this game all set up and I have no issues with it. I hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 2:29 by MadK9

Polargames wrote:
MadK9 wrote:ty again for a great patch, but i am also just getting a black screen, tried 3 diff roms all the same.

@Fullgamezone and @MadK9. Did you two make sure the rom was unheaded. It you did then you should not had an issue. I have at times thought that I had it unheaded but in fact I did not, Also did you make sure you named it right and put it in the folder with the pcms and stuff. I have this game all set up and I have no issues with it. I hope this helps

While i appreciate the advice, i would only post here when i know something is wrong, and as such my post stands, and i already know of 3 other people that have the exact same issue.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 2:33 by Conn

Quick fix, use lunar expand
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=4599
and expand the rom to 1.5 MB first, then apply the patch.

K, you use rom space after the 1.0 MB restriction. This isn't accepted by snes9x before expanding the rom first to 1.5 MB (maybe it works on bsnes)...

Either you make the ips between the original rom and an expanded rom (and apply the xkas asm on the expanded rom) or you shift your code into the 1 MB region, like:

org $208000
change to
org $1FFF00

Last edited by Conn on Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 2:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 2:33 by Polargames

MadK9 wrote:
Polargames wrote:

While i appreciate the advice, i would only post here when i know something is wrong, and as such my post stands, and i already know of 3 other people that have the exact same issue.

I understand, Come to find out it does not have a manifest.bml file with said game. I played another one game with out the bml file and I got the same results. So I am sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 2:38 by MadK9

Conn wrote:Quick fix, use lunar expand
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=4599
and expand the rom to 1.5 MB first, then apply the patch.

K, you use rom space after the 1.0 MB restriction. This isn't accepted by snes9x before expanding the rom first to 1.5 MB (maybe it works on bsnes)...

Either you make the ips between the original rom and an expanded rom (and apply the xkas asm on the expanded rom) or you shift your code into the 1 MB region, like:

org $208000
change to
org $1FFF00

Ty Conn works fine now

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 24 Jul 2018 - 9:51 by Conn

I uploaded a 1.2 on K's request on my server and linked in the first post (redownload), that should work on the native rom without expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 18:18 by VVV18

Good afternoon!

Playing here at SD2SNES:
After the copyright screen (has a noise)
A silent / silent PCM appears to be missing ...

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 19:56 by Conn

hmm. strangely we have 2 patch versions (1.2, 1.3) and the asm look ideantical. I can't remember what is what and why we left 1.2 link (and who updated to 1.3 - can't find anything about an update in the comments).

Maybe Pev knows more here?

Edit:
last edit was by Kurrono, with no updated asm. Hmmm

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 21:20 by VVV18

Conn wrote:hmm. strangely we have 2 patch versions (1.2, 1.3) and the asm look ideantical. I can't remember what is what and why we left 1.2 link (and who updated to 1.3 - can't find anything about an update in the comments).

Maybe Pev knows more here?

Edit:
last edit was by Kurrono, with no updated asm. Hmmm

@conn Thanks for responding!

I downloaded everything again and reapplied the patches because (it could have corrupted when downloading) but it remains the same;
in patch V1.3 there are two patches,
191 bytes: (this corrupts the rom)
108 bytes: (it works but it has a noise as I mentioned earlier)
anyway: it looks like a tiny mistake somewhere!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 21:33 by VVV18

@conn ...
After applying the patch the rom expands to (1,572,864)
Right after the copyright screen the screen goes dark,
there's nothing left, the game is silent!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 21:37 by Conn

So it crashes? I left k changes... But on emu it doesn't crssh, right?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 21:43 by VVV18

Conn wrote:So it crashes? I left k changes... But on emu it doesn't crssh, right?

Neither...
I tried on Snes9x ...
Higan Plus and it didn't work!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 22:03 by Conn

Ok no idea what K talking in his 1.3 about
Patch v1.3:character select music from arcade

But I used the old 108 byte patch, made an error check, so it is 119 bytes. Try this "v4":

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 22:21 by VVV18

I downloaded and tested it here ...
Now it only worked on ZSnes!
On Snes9x, Higan, Bsnes and SD2SNES still didn't work,
the black screen continues after the copyright screen.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 22:42 by kurrono

I haven't said nothing since yrs back..my patch is way different to that one..I added another hook up on character select screen ..that one doesn't do that.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 22:54 by Conn

Attached is v5, one is old v2(Conn-suffix), the other is that with Kurrono fixes (v3) (Kurrono-suffix).

Just test caa_msu1_v5_Kurrono.bps. If this works, we are clear, that is that with the v3 changes.

If it crashes, test caa_msu1_v5_Conn.bps. If this works and Kurrono not, we take that one for good
Attachments
Captain America and the Avengers Attachment
capt_america_msu1_v5.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(11 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 23:10 by kurrono

You don't say hi?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 23:20 by VVV18

Conn wrote:Attached is v5, one is old v2(Conn-suffix), the other is that with Kurrono fixes (v3) (Kurrono-suffix).

Just test caa_msu1_v5_Kurrono.bps. If this works, we are clear, that is that with the v3 changes.

If it crashes, test caa_msu1_v5_Conn.bps. If this works and Kurrono not, we take that one for good
Sorry for the delay, finishing the tests here, we just need to test the Kurrono's Patch!

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 6 Jul 2020 - 23:20 by VVV18

kurrono wrote:You don't say hi?

A minute, finishing here!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next