How to put gifs into snes rom

Go down

How to put gifs into snes rom Empty How to put gifs into snes rom

Post by Polargames Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 17:39

Hello everyone, While I was on romhacking.com they had posted a very indepth guide how to put gifs into snes rom. I know that Conn had posted his own guide, I think this could be a add on to his. I hope everyone likes it. I take no credit in this at all, I just was shareing it.
Attachments
How to put gifs into snes rom Attachment
intro_tutorial_rhdn.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(743 Kb) Downloaded 20 times

Last edited by Polargames on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Polargames
Polargames

How to put gifs into snes rom Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

How to put gifs into snes rom Empty Re: How to put gifs into snes rom

Post by Conn Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 19:44

Yes, this is the code by damarsman I edited to work with zelda3, e.g.:
https://www.zeldix.net/f34-ending-adjusting

But this is no video, so your topic is misleading, it places a gif image (256x224, 256 colors) into the rom... a video is not working with normal snes hardware, only with msu1, so this has nothing to do with the asm I posted :-/
Conn
Conn

How to put gifs into snes rom Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

How to put gifs into snes rom Empty Re: How to put gifs into snes rom

Post by Polargames Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 22:04

Conn wrote:Yes, this is the code by damarsman I edited to work with zelda3, e.g.:
https://www.zeldix.net/f34-ending-adjusting

But this is no video, so your topic is misleading, it places a gif image (256x224, 256 colors) into the rom... a video is not working with normal snes hardware, only with msu1, so this has nothing to do with the asm I posted :-/

Ok, I did not know that, I had gone off what the description from rom hacking.com I will change my title. Ok I have fixed my errors that I had made. Thank you Conn for pointing them out for me and sorry for my misleading title. Next time I will do a better check before I post.
Polargames
Polargames

How to put gifs into snes rom Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down