How to put gifs into snes rom

Go down

How to put gifs into snes rom

Post by Polargames on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 17:39

Hello everyone, While I was on romhacking.com they had posted a very indepth guide how to put gifs into snes rom. I know that Conn had posted his own guide, I think this could be a add on to his. I hope everyone likes it. I take no credit in this at all, I just was shareing it.
Attachments
intro_tutorial_rhdn.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(743 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Last edited by Polargames on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put gifs into snes rom

Post by Conn on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 19:44

Yes, this is the code by damarsman I edited to work with zelda3, e.g.:
https://www.zeldix.net/f34-ending-adjusting

But this is no video, so your topic is misleading, it places a gif image (256x224, 256 colors) into the rom... a video is not working with normal snes hardware, only with msu1, so this has nothing to do with the asm I posted :-/
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 22:04

Conn wrote:Yes, this is the code by damarsman I edited to work with zelda3, e.g.:
https://www.zeldix.net/f34-ending-adjusting

But this is no video, so your topic is misleading, it places a gif image (256x224, 256 colors) into the rom... a video is not working with normal snes hardware, only with msu1, so this has nothing to do with the asm I posted :-/

Ok, I did not know that, I had gone off what the description from rom hacking.com I will change my title. Ok I have fixed my errors that I had made. Thank you Conn for pointing them out for me and sorry for my misleading title. Next time I will do a better check before I post.
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum