Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games

Go down

Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games Empty Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games

Post by PittStone Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 14:23

Compatiblity with Retroarch Cores! Walking

Windows Version of Retroarch

Some Games are work with "bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll" (need .bml to load Game)
Some Games are work with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll" (need .sfc or .smc to load Game)
Some Games are only wokr with "snes9x_libretro.dll"     (need .sfc or .smc to load Game)

Since snes9x has audio interference (crackling), I avoid the core for MSU1 games as far as possible.
Compatiblity List:

Last edited by PittStone on Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 18:41; edited 1 time in total
PittStone
PittStone

Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games Image110

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games Empty Re: Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games

Post by Polargames Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 18:22

PittStone wrote:Compatiblity with Retroarch Cores! Walking

Some Games are work with "bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll" (need .bml to load Game)
Some Games are work with "bsnes_cplusplus98_libretro.dll" (need .sfc or .smc to load Game)
Some Games are only wokr with "snes9x_libretro.dll"     (need .sfc or .smc to load Game)

Since snes9x has audio interference (crackling), I avoid the core for MSU1 games as far as possible.
Compatiblity List:

Pitstone, Have you tried or did you forget to list lr-snes9x libretro. I have used that core for all of the MSU1 games that I played, I also only had crackling on the Top Gear games, but I am not huge into them. For the rest of the games they play fine Smile. I am just trying to help
Polargames
Polargames

Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games Empty Re: Retroarch Cores Compatiblity for MSU1 Games

Post by PittStone Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 18:38

@Polargames You talk about a core for raspberry pi. I tested the games for Retroarch on Windows. The lr_snes9x_libretro is not on Windows. Only "snes9x_libretro" "snes9x2002_libretro" "snes9x2005_libretro" "snes9x2005_plus_libretro" and "snes9x2010_libretro". And all of these have Crackling.
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 3 Sep 2018 - 21:38

PittStone wrote:@Polargames You talk about a core for raspberry pi. I tested the games for Retroarch on Windows. The lr_snes9x_libretro is not on Windows. Only "snes9x_libretro" "snes9x2002_libretro" "snes9x2005_libretro"  "snes9x2005_plus_libretro" and "snes9x2010_libretro". And all of these have Crackling.

I am sorry Pittstone, I did not know that was a raspberry pi only core. I thought it was also on windows as well. Have you also updated all of the cores to the latest binary code? I was haveing issues with crackling also and that seems to fix that. If you have already, I did find this that might fix the sound issue. It was writen for a raspberry pi, but retroarch should have the same for windows.
Code:
Audio Driver = alsa
Audio Resampler Driver = sinc
Audio Resampler Quality = Normal
Audio Output Rate = 48000

and this

Code:
Default emulator for snes = snes9x
Default video mode for snes9x = CEA-1 (640X480)

This might help with the sound. Again I am sorry about the lr core, I only use a raspberry pi because of its light footprint on the hardware resources. I hope this helps you out a bit. :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by MadK9 Wed 5 Sep 2018 - 3:19

I been using snes9x_QwertyModo_MSU.dll in RA not had too many issues with it.

MadK9

Since : 2018-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 6 Sep 2018 - 21:32

MadK9 wrote:I been using snes9x_QwertyModo_MSU.dll in RA not had too many issues with it.

Darn, I forgot that QwertyModo had done that. I will have to test it out. Thank you MadK9 for that :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone Thu 6 Sep 2018 - 22:16

Where can i find the "snes9x_QwertyModo_MSU.dll"?
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down