Rasberry pi and msu-1

Go down

Rasberry pi and msu-1

Post by JUD6MENT on Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 14:13

Hey, i got a question. Is rasberry pi a good way to play msu-1 games? Will it play it without lag? Does it allow save state without a screw up? Right now i play msu-1 on my soft mod wii, which i like, but it doesnt save state msu-1 right and the amount i use my soft mod wii i am wearing down my controllers and a new wii pro controller is $80 right now, so i am looking for a new option. Also, if someone does recomend, what is a good guide to follow how to set up a rasberry pi to play all the fun old games as well as msu-1?
JUD6MENT
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Rasberry pi and msu-1

Post by Polargames on Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 17:08

JUD6MENT wrote:Hey, i got a question. Is rasberry pi a good way to play msu-1 games? Will it play it without lag? Does it allow save state without a screw up? Right now i play msu-1 on my soft mod wii, which i like, but it doesnt save state msu-1 right and the amount i use my soft mod wii i am wearing down my controllers and a new wii pro controller is $80 right now, so i am looking for a new option. Also, if someone does recomend, what is a good guide to follow how to set up a rasberry pi to play all the fun old games as well as msu-1?

Oh yes, It does great with MSU1 games, that is how I have played them. Now the game that I had ran into issues with was kirby 3 because my power supply was underpowered, but it did struggle with SA-1, but I have heard it has gotten better. Yes you can use save state state, Retroarch allows for that. The program needed is retropie and an SD Card, the kind theat you use for video cams and smart phones, I would say at least 64 GB because of the size of MSU games. I have a ton of info for you, check your PM. Smile
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 17:24

Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 17:59

Conn wrote:I found this info, maybe it helps
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/13144/snes-msu-1-guide/2

Nice I was just about to post this also lol. This is great Jud6ment for MSU1, I had used this also. Well done Conn Very Happy
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 18:36

Thanks so much Polar and Conn. One question Polar, would a regular size SD card work or does it need to be a micro sd card? Im ok with investing in a micro if needed but I already own a regular size 64 gb sd card that I was hoping to use.
JUD6MENT
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Wed 10 Oct 2018 - 21:21

JUD6MENT wrote:Thanks so much Polar and Conn. One question Polar, would a regular size SD card work or does it need to be a micro sd card? Im ok with investing in a micro if needed but I already own a regular size 64 gb sd card that I was hoping to use.

It needs to be a micro sd card. Thats is the only way it will work for a raspberry pi because thats how big the slot is for it.
Polargames
Crystal Maiden
Crystal Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 3:57

The author of this article, edale is also a member here,
https://www.zeldix.net/u1196

maybe you want to write him a pm, or he will read this and give you further advice Wink
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 4:39

Polar sent me a pretty detailed message of how to do a retropie so i think i am set once i buy the stuff.
JUD6MENT
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum