A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses

Go down

A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses Empty A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses

Post by P-Tux7 Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 19:37

Hi guys I am ripping some enemy and boss sprites because the rips on Spriters Resource are a little weird so it would really help me if someone could fulfill this request thanks Very Happy

P-Tux7
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-11-12

Back to top Go down

A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses Empty Re: A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses

Post by P-Tux7 Wed 14 Nov 2018 - 1:53

This could mean to make the shadow sprites invisible or to hack the enemies to not make shadows, I think the former would be easier

P-Tux7
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-11-12

Back to top Go down

A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses Empty Re: A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses

Post by Puzzledude Wed 14 Nov 2018 - 4:49

There you go. I hacked the game so, that the GFX was edited. Namely all shadows are loaded from separate GFX set. So I just made the shadow transparent on all GFX sets with a shadow.

Custom shadows to remove were for Armos and Agahnim, which were both on the actual sprite gfx, thus not loaded separately.

Download here and apply the IPS to an US non-headered rom with Lunar IPS patcher (do not apply to any other rom, like EU, or US headered rom):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/474308548319510539/512200733626728469/Zelda3_No_shadows.ips
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

A hack or game genie code to remove shadows from enemies and bosses Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down