What does the ranks mean?

Go down

What does the ranks mean? Empty What does the ranks mean?

Post by Polargames Sat 16 Mar 2019 - 2:07

Hi everyone. I had this question on my mind for some time, but I was wondering what does those ranks mean? I know what PCM artiest means, but the rest of it I am confused on. Thank you for reading my post, I hope you have a great day.
Polargames
Polargames

What does the ranks mean? Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

What does the ranks mean? Empty Re: What does the ranks mean?

Post by Erockbrox Sat 16 Mar 2019 - 3:52

There is this trend that follows:

The more badass of a zelda hacker you are then the higher your rank.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

What does the ranks mean? Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 16 Mar 2019 - 17:02

Is it possible to request getting a title? Im not going to be upset if i cant, but i think having PCM artist would be kinda cool on my account. I do have 7 PCM sets and a 8th one done and being tested at the moment.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

What does the ranks mean? Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sun 17 Mar 2019 - 0:08

@JUD6MENT Ask Conn, he will setup as soon as "humanly" possible. I'm surprised you have not asked sooner.

pev

What does the ranks mean? Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 17 Mar 2019 - 4:51

@Polar, there are the colored ranks, like purple for people having done pcm:s, orange for mods and such. ASM hackers is, as the name suggests, people who can code hacks. HM hackers is preserved for people with excellent Hyrule Magic knowledge that maybe already have released a zelda hack like Goddess of Wisdom, Parallel Worlds and such.

The normal ranks come along with the posts numbers you made, like you have the rank Ganon. The special ranks are well... special ranks, like I gave Jud6ment (of course) now also the title music artist (that is for people who can not only convert wav into pcm but may also compose or clip a track themselves).

Any rank should be asked for, with the sheer number of people here around I cannot assign a (deserved) title for any user myself.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 16:44

Thanks Conn
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Devan2002 Mon 18 Mar 2019 - 23:52

I typically use HM, but I am pretty mediocre at making romhacks, like I have one which is notorious for being a kaizo maze requiring no errors. Simply due to the fact I'm a masochist and a slight sadistic.
Devan2002
Devan2002

What does the ranks mean? Image213

Since : 2017-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 21 Mar 2019 - 22:30

@To All, Thank you very much for all of your answers, I had always wounder what those were about, know I know. :-), Cool more motivation for me to get my project done that I been working on for a while.
Polargames
Polargames

What does the ranks mean? Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 5:06

Conn wrote:Any rank should be asked for, with the sheer number of people here around I cannot assign a (deserved) title for any user myself.
I wasn't aware of this, I want in! lol.

I'm pretty sure I'd qualify for PCM Artist, given the number of sets I've done and projects I've worked on (I think I'm at around 20 sets for about 12 different projects), including quite a bit of actual editing and some custom SFX tracks. No actual skill as far as composing or creating new music though (editing what's there, sure, make it from scratch? nope).

edale

What does the ranks mean? Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 6:00

@edale: you already are a pcm artist (purple name). I assigned you the special rank "music artist" now as well. This is for people not only able to convert wav into pcm but also have audacity skills to compose tracks or whatever.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 6:55

Conn wrote:@edale: you already are a pcm artist (purple name). I assigned you the special rank "music artist" now as well. This is for people not only able to convert wav into pcm but also have audacity skills to compose tracks or whatever.
Audacity skillz I have. Composing otoh... Disgust

Well... There was that track in one of the Ys games where I recorded my heartbeat and overly stressed breathing to give the track the proper "oh fuck, serious shit's about to go down" ambience, as it was originally expressed in the game's SPC; but I don't think that counts as composing, lol. Very Happy

Thanks for the rank!

edale

What does the ranks mean? Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 4 Apr 2019 - 14:29

Ah well, there are no strict rules. I think cutting the wav files and adjust the volume count as music artist as well Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum