Rendering Ranger R2

Go down

Rendering Ranger R2 Empty Rendering Ranger R2

Patch v1.0b6* by PepilloPeV:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kosqqgglz90p5oe/RenderingRangerR2-MSU-Patch_v1.0b6.rar/file

PCM Pack by PepilloPeV (Royalty Free Music from TeknoAxe/HookSounds/AudioBlocks) v4**:
PCM LINK
Track Map:
TRACK MAP LINK

* Consult the readme file for change log changes and fixes. (2019.08.15)
** PCM pack supplied is missing Stage Introduction Theme (falls back to SPC playback).

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 19:03; edited 12 times in total
pev

Rendering Ranger R2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Rendering Ranger R2 :: Comments

Polargames

Post Sun 28 Jul 2019 - 23:28 by Polargames

Way to go dude. :-D Cannot wait to play this. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 28 May 2020 - 20:52 by VVV18

@PepilloPeV
Please see this CRC 1D2D641F...
I didn't find it anywhere!
That wouldn't be the correct one CRC8FB5AC86?

Google Translator here...
Thank you!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 28 May 2020 - 21:05 by pev

@VVV18 I pasted the wrong CRC in the readme file (now updated). The CRC you mentioned is the correct one. Thanks for the heads up.

Now, once again, as I stated before in one of the posts you hijacked in the past, can you just please make a personal list of every issue you find in a simple text file and then send it to me when you are done. It is much easier for me to do it this way as opposed to you hijacking every forum for each game. Please can you do this? I know you mean well but help me out here, will ya? If you keep hijacking and posting like this, I will just leave it up to Conn or Relikk to fix this stuff. You are driving me nuts hijacking every forum. Confused

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 28 May 2020 - 21:33 by VVV18

@ pepillopev
Excuse!!!
I'll do as I said on a notepad ...
Only games that start with S&T are missing!
Only 55 games.
As soon as I finish, I send it, in case I find an error !!!
Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 28 May 2020 - 21:36 by pev

@VVV18 Thank you Smile

I gladly appreciate your assistance...

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 15 May 2022 - 14:06 by Polargames

@Everyone,
A user ( sluffy) has made a patch that address the problem of this game not working for the MiSTer SNES core and playback on the mini system too. Said patch has been play tested on snes9x and no issues had been found in MSU play back, but this will be considered a beta. Patch can be found here.
Credit: sluffy

Link took down due to user reported error that caused msu not to work. Contacting the creator of said patch for a fix.

Last edited by Polargames on Sun 22 May 2022 - 16:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 18 May 2022 - 19:57 by landstalker

I tried the Bugfix patch by sluffy on top on PepilloPeV's latest MSU1 patch. unfortunately, for me MSU1 audio stopped working (it plays the non-MSU-music).

I tried twice: once on my already MSU1 patched rom, once I applied both patches on a fresh rom where I checked CRC first. Any help highly appeciated. Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 18 May 2022 - 22:33 by Polargames

@Landstalker, Thank you for bringing this to attention. Did you play this on an emulator, sd2snes, or Mister? I had tested it with the newest version of snes9x and had no problem at all. But again, that is why it's beta.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 22 May 2022 - 13:27 by landstalker

Sorry for the late reply. I tested the following:
1) bsnes (standalone) v1.15
2) RetroArch: all bsnes cores, SNES9X core (latest versions on date of posting)
3) MiSTer FPGA: SNES_20220519, SNES_MSU_playfix (from MiSTer Discord)
4) SNES (1Chip) with SD2SNES

The effect is always the same:
game + MSU1-patch --> MSU audio plays (not on MiSTer, as the game without bugfix crashes after the 2nd screen, of course)
game + MSU1-patch + bugfix patch --> game audio plays

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 22 May 2022 - 16:27 by Polargames

landstalker wrote:Sorry for the late reply. I tested the following:
1) bsnes (standalone) v1.15
2) RetroArch: all bsnes cores, SNES9X core (latest versions on date of posting)
3) MiSTer FPGA: SNES_20220519, SNES_MSU_playfix (from MiSTer Discord)
4) SNES (1Chip) with SD2SNES

The effect is always the same:
game + MSU1-patch --> MSU audio plays (not on MiSTer, as the game without bugfix crashes after the 2nd screen, of course)
game + MSU1-patch + bugfix patch --> game audio plays

It's all good. Thank you for letting me know. I will take the link down for the time being and contact sluffy to see if there is a fix.

It's strange because on my end snes9x on Android it worked. Oh well. Thank you again for letting me know. Rendering Ranger R2 1f600

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 10 Jun 2022 - 18:41 by Polargames

Update  the Rendering Ranger R2 Mister and mini system playback. Pepv, has made a new patch. He is currently play testing on emulators and will soon test on real hardware. Here is his own words.
"I rewrote the code since there are some lingering bugs not yet resolved in the older, current version patch on Zeldix. The new patch fixes them and is now Canoe compatible. Once MiSTer and Bsnes are fully tested; I will have to pull out my SNES and FXPakPro to test there for stability issues too."
Will be released when Pepv fells it's good and ready. Thank you for your understanding and patience on the matter. Rendering Ranger R2 1f60a

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 10 Jun 2022 - 19:09 by landstalker

Thank you for the info, Polargames and special thanks to Pepv for rewriting the patch. That are great news.

Yesterday, I checked the available patches (canoe and MSU1) in a Hex Editor. I surpassed the crash in MiSTer with MSU working by overwriting the confliced code lines from the canoe patch with those from the MSU1-patch. As I'm not really sure what I was doing (not really knowing the content of the program code I was overwriting and if this method will work out in a full playthrough) I'm really looking forward to Pepv's multi platform compatible and bugfixed patch.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 10 Jun 2022 - 19:18 by Polargames

Your very welcome landstalker. I am happy that the info help you out. Rendering Ranger R2 1f60a Also it's cool that you could over ride that crash.

Back to top Go down