Enhancement Patches

Go down

Enhancement Patches Empty Re: Enhancement Patches

Post by Lightning Hunter Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 4:02

I actually know about that hack, but it seems to crash my game in the first ocean level when I apply the MSU-1 hack over the major fixes hack. They don't work together, unless I need to try a different patching order... They work independently of each other, of course.

Lightning Hunter
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 6:46

Polargames wrote:Hello everyone, If your in the mood to try something new, this link my be what your looking for http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3572/
The link is for a patch that fixes typos in the game and also uncensored the game to bring it back to its OG form. Happy gamming

Really need to be sure that these patches work with MSU1 hacks (i.e. playtesting the hell out of them), as any of the patched addresses could be altered.
Relikk
Relikk

Enhancement Patches Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 17:07

@Lightning Hunter, You need to put the msu1 hack first then the other hack.

@Relikk, I 100% understand, all of the links that I have posted for hacks I have used and played at least 1-2 hours. This was actually the last link that I played, any others never worked for me. I have tested it on lib retro and stand a lone emulators bsnes and snes9x.

If that is not enough time given to test them out, I am more then happy to take them down. As I never intended to cause any issues, I just was trying to help. :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Enhancement Patches Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Hunter Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 19:06

Polargames wrote:@Lightning Hunter, You need to put the msu1 hack first then the other hack.

@Relikk, I 100% understand, all of the links that I have posted for hacks I have used and played at least 1-2 hours. This was actually the last link that I played, any others never worked for me. I have tested it on lib retro and stand a lone emulators bsnes and snes9x.

If that is not enough time given to test them out, I am more then happy to take them down. As I never intended to cause any issues, I just was trying to help. :-)

The game does not launch at all if I apply the MSU1 patch first. Here is the order I used:

-Started with a USA sfc with the CRC32 of 'DD49911E' and NO header.
-applied the latest evo_msu.ips file on the USA sfc mentioned.
-applied the latest "Major Fixes for E.V.O. - Search for Eden.ips" file over the resulting rom from the last step.

I then tried testing the result on SNES9x, Zsnesw, and SnesGT. All of them say the rom is bad and fail to launch.

Lightning Hunter
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 22:19

Lightning Hunter wrote:
Polargames wrote:@Lightning Hunter, You need to put the msu1 hack first then the other hack.

The game does not launch at all if I apply the MSU1 patch first.  Here is the order I used:

-applied the latest "Major Fixes for E.V.O. - Search for Eden.ips" file over the resulting rom from the last step.

I then tried testing the result on SNES9x, Zsnesw, and SnesGT.  All of them say the rom is bad and fail to launch.

I see, Here is what is used and this worked for me
-https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/400/ use the link to dl this program, if you do not use windows it also comes in mac and linux also.

-When the file is done downloading, and you extracted it, click on the nf.exe, that will open the program, then go to the edit tab and click on options,

- In the options menu go to the area where it say rom fixing and make sure to check
in the over dump handling  detect and safely trim, then under that area check the box deinterleve and use built in list to fix broken.

-Move onto the tab that said headder and make sure to check remove headder.

- The final part is click on the Scanning tab and make sure to check caluate MD5 hash, and SHA-1 hash and then check the box that said enable 64mb support. After that click the Apply button and then the save button and close the program, reopen it and scan the file with the program.

If by doing all of that still gives you the same results, then I would just skip the patch that I have linked, and I will take this link and all of the other ones down.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning Hunter Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 18:21

I actually already had NSRT (I hack other games; I am only new to MSU-1). Unfortunately, that did not fix the ROM. Has anyone actually gotten the Major fixes patch to work alongside the MSU-1 hack? Somehow I doubt it. I have patched a lot of ROMs, and usually if they result in an emulator crashing like this, it means the patches are not compatible without some work on behalf of the authors who created them.

Lightning Hunter
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 10 Nov 2019 - 23:08

Lightning Hunter wrote:I actually already had NSRT (I hack other games; I am only new to MSU-1). Unfortunately, that did not fix the ROM. Has anyone actually gotten the Major fixes patch to work alongside the MSU-1 hack?  Somehow I doubt it. I have patched a lot of ROMs, and usually if they result in an emulator crashing like this, it means the patches are not compatible without some work on behalf of the authors who created them.

Oh, did not know you had that program, I have gotten it to work with msu1 and what I had described to you is what I did, and had no issues at all. But I will stay true to my word and take the links down.

I do want to say thank you because I did not know this patch was causing problems. Smile, Sorry that you could not get it to work for you though.Sad

Edit: Just got done removing the links. Sorry for any extra issues I had cause.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsolo Mon 11 Nov 2019 - 15:07

Lightning Hunter wrote:

The game does not launch at all if I apply the MSU1 patch first.  Here is the order I used:

I then tried testing the result on SNES9x, Zsnesw, and SnesGT.  All of them say the rom is bad and fail to launch.

Have you tried to apply the fix in first place and second in second place the MSU1 patch? I've just tried it in BSNES 112, and work like charm. If I try the way you said, it just crashes.

Tsolo
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2016-11-24

https://www.nochesskyperas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Mon 11 Nov 2019 - 15:45

Hmm, just a suggestion, there is a tool a while back Conn used to compare two patches to determine if they are truly compatible with each other. Perhaps, Conn can chime in on this.

Sometimes a patch may appear to work, but this alone is not a guarantee the game will not crash later. No point going through a patching charade if the patches are not verified to be compatible 100% to one another.

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 11 Nov 2019 - 16:10; edited 2 times in total

pev

Enhancement Patches Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Enhancement Patches Empty Enhancement Patches

Post by Lightning Hunter Mon 11 Nov 2019 - 15:51

Tsolo wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:

The game does not launch at all if I apply the MSU1 patch first. Here is the order I used:

I then tried testing the result on SNES9x, Zsnesw, and SnesGT. All of them say the rom is bad and fail to launch.

Have you tried to apply the fix in first place and second in second place the MSU1 patch? I've just tried it in BSNES 112, and work like charm. If I try the way you said, it just crashes.

Yes, this was the first method I attempted (we talked about it in the last page). If I apply the Major fixes hack first, THEN apply the MSU-1 hack, the game will be fine until you play a few levels - then it will crash. Have you actually tried playing past the first handful of levels?

I only tried the second method you quoted above because someone else said they got it working. For me, none of the methods work, and I'm not convinced someone has actually gotten any method to work and successfully played through the whole game.

Lightning Hunter
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 14:22

I use a lot of these 'enhancement patches' here, just give me a break and I'll post a list of them here (I'm currently out of time for everything).

Sad

darthvaderx

Enhancement Patches Image110

Since : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx Fri 3 Apr 2020 - 3:33

See what I did with Super Metroid (read in the video description):

darthvaderx

Enhancement Patches Image110

Since : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down