Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+) - Page 2 Empty Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+)

-  Patches  -

Use MD+ for MegaSD, Mega Everdrive Pro & Genesis Plus GX
Use MSU-MD for MiSTer & X Series Everdrive w/ physical Sega CD unit

MD+ Patch (v2) (by neodev):
Code:
For original ROM CRC-32: 6a70791b

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590246931234553868/654367536032514048/Michael_Jacksons_Moonwalker_World.ips

Backup link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BZltAbCqLaVXTSnN7kzvZp6pkMrJBV1g

MSU-MD Patch (converted from the original MD+ patch by Krikzz):
Code:
https://github.com/krikzz/msu-md/raw/master/ips/Michael%20Jackson's%20Moonwalker%20(World)%20msu-md.ips

-  MD+ Audio Packs  -

Original Michael Jackson Instrumental Versions (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!4y4lkCzb!apu3lewNYuyJbo8nK3-JlWt-u5GVtK9WTCi1DQTT1As

Original Michael Jackson Vocal Versions (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/8ngijTBQ#mi-yMr9o5EjYk6VZwfHpEpYFMZn4x_vCPvLgCNUKkO4

*Notes: The MD+ audio packs include the original 5 songs from the retail release of the game.

- Smooth Criminal
- Beat it
- Another Part Of Me
- Billie Jean
- Bad

In the pre-release prototype ROM, Thriller was included and used as the music for the "Woods" stage. There is a folder called "Thriller" included in the audio packs, and this is for anyone that wants to substitute Another Part Of Me (the track that is used in the retail version as the music for the "Woods" stage) with Thriller. Just exchange the relevant WAV and CUE files for your desired version.

-  MSU-MD compatible packs (Non-Seamless Loop)  -

Original Michael Jackson Vocal Versions (Non-Seamless) (by TwinFami):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10bP8RJ8834Z-mWPjxgkEkxoHAZV8rg6Q/view?usp=sharing

Alternate Michael Jackson Vocal Version Including Thriller (Non-Seamless) (by TwinFami):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kftk6wmh1FB75cn-QkGM908vyjlE8-9a/view?usp=sharing

MJ Sonic 3 (Non-Seamless) (by Teenage Fansub):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lBVzKiwS6F3CR0AKQLfZoN5jij7tSllZ/view?usp=sharing

-  MD+ Source  -

Code:
https://github.com/Terraonion-dev/MDPlus_Patches/tree/master/Moonwalker

Last edited by Relikk on Fri 31 Mar 2023 - 12:27; edited 18 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+) - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+) :: Comments

Relikk

Post Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 19:50 by Relikk

It could be the directory cache issue that Torgo mentioned a few posts up. I can't remember if there's an option to manually re-scan in the MegaSD options (there might be), but you can delete those cache files off your SD card for the directory where the game is located. Pop your SD card back in to your MegaSD and it should scan again and the game should show and work as intended.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 9 Feb 2020 - 5:45 by fthc

I did the following, downloaded the game here on the website and then put it on the sd card, but when I turn on the megasd on the mega drive it appears the bios of the sega cd, but only the option to choose music, I also find it strange that the files downloaded here the website has .wav and .cue files but does not have .iso

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 9 Feb 2020 - 5:49 by Relikk

You don't need an ISO. It's not a CD image. You only need the patched ROM, the CUE and WAV files in the game folder.

Delete the "dircache.msd" file from your SD card where your MD+ games are stored and let the MegaSD re-scan the directory when you enter it again.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 9 Feb 2020 - 5:58 by fthc

in this case I did not know about this fix, I have several Michael Jackson ROMs on my sd, how to fix these ROM ?? or already have it ready somewhere to download ???

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 9:17 by Relikk

No, I'm afraid we're not allowed to link to ROMs.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 10 Aug 2020 - 23:45 by conango

The music pack of MJ Sonic 3 has become invalid, could anyone re-upload it?
Many thanks

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 11 Aug 2020 - 7:16 by Relikk

I've made a note beside that link to say it's dead for the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 18 Aug 2020 - 23:09 by mfbranscombe

flex wrote:Hi Guys,

I've noticed an odd bug where if you pause the game the voice samples go really quiet to the point of being inaudible until the audio hardware is reset e.g. when the boss appears or a new level is started.

Voice samples being when you locate a child and they say "Michael" or when the boss is activated and it says "who's bad".
It seems to happen on my model 1 and 2 hardware.

I just wanted to confirm this user's observations. While playing on Analogue Mega SG - if you ever pause the game, when you unpause all vocal effects are inaudible. The attack sound effects still play.

Upon reset, the vocals went back to normal - but if you ever pause the game during any play session, the bug is reactivated.

This issue persisted for me even after deleting the Mega SD config file (as suggested by the previous user).

[Edit]: Just wanted to add that returning to the Mega SD menu from the game has not worked for me on this MD+ project. Menu seems to work for all other MD+ projects, just not this one.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 19 Aug 2020 - 4:24 by Relikk

mfbranscombe wrote:I just wanted to confirm this user's observations. While playing on Analogue Mega SG - if you ever pause the game, when you unpause all vocal effects are inaudible. The attack sound effects still play.

Upon reset, the vocals went back to normal - but if you ever pause the game during any play session, the bug is reactivated.

This issue persisted for me even after deleting the Mega SD config file (as suggested by the previous user).

The issue was reported to neodev when flex posted about it, but he never did anything with it. I reminded him of it at the end of that month, as the image below shows.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (MD+) - Page 2 GBxqQeC

He would have been busy with MODE development. Anyone else is free to remind him on Discord if they wish.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 19:33 by darthvaderx

This is the Moonwalker MSU-MD version that contains the 'Thriller' track in place of 'Another Part of Me' which was inserted from the prototype and mixed to sound like the others in the game. Obs: Use on .bin (REV00) rom.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (W) (REV00) [Thriller-MSU-MD Hacks].zip

And here the tracks for MSU-MD that I put together, there are some differences like the addition of the original 'Beat It' introduction and obviously 'Thriller', I don't even need to talk about the possibility of converting to .ogg (Genesis Plus GX) or .mp3 (Kega Fusion):

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker Mode 1 Tracks.7z

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Nov 2020 - 18:38 by El_Sabroso

does anybody has a backup of these that can share a link to download please?
TwinFami wrote:Here are my packs with the vocal versions. Original uses Another Part of Me, Alternate uses Thriller instead. In my playthroughs, Thriller works best as the ROM patched is the REV00 one.

Original: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MdoPQcDeB_y_wAA-2nRP33-ZKcMFlHEx

Alternate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=100RuXAq7fRQSfFToRAQLcUj4agjCXcn8

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 3 Dec 2020 - 18:59 by SuperFeistyFox

darthvaderx wrote:This is the Moonwalker MSU-MD version that contains the 'Thriller' track in place of 'Another Part of Me' which was inserted from the prototype and mixed to sound like the others in the game. Obs: Use on .bin (REV00) rom.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (W) (REV00) [Thriller-MSU-MD Hacks].zip

And here the tracks for MSU-MD that I put together, there are some differences like the addition of the original 'Beat It' introduction and obviously 'Thriller', I don't even need to talk about the possibility of converting to .ogg (Genesis Plus GX) or .mp3 (Kega Fusion):

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker Mode 1 Tracks.7z

I can't get this working on my Mega Everdrive Pro! It works fine on Kega Fusion on my computer, why not real hardware?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 3 Dec 2020 - 19:09 by darthvaderx

Does the game not work or just the soundtrack?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Fri 4 Dec 2020 - 11:53 by Retroplay

Did you convert audio to lossy ogg vorbis or mp3 format by any chance ?
If you did, don't, only use proper uncompressed PCM 44.1Khz wav files and it should be fine on real hardware.

Oh and btw, the patch is intended for this version of the rom.
(up-to-date No-Intro naming)
Code:

Name: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Japan) (En).md
Size: 524288
CRC32: 6a70791b
MD5: 7baf9fb775ee130bd7a4a779cb3bb612
SHA1: 8960bac2027cdeadb07e535a77597fb783e1433b

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 4 Dec 2020 - 18:44 by SuperFeistyFox

Retroplay wrote:Did you convert audio to lossy ogg vorbis or mp3 format by any chance ?
If you did, don't, only use proper uncompressed PCM 44.1Khz wav files and it should be fine on real hardware.

Oh and btw, the patch is intended for this version of the rom.
(up-to-date No-Intro naming)
Code:

Name: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Japan) (En).md
Size: 524288
CRC32: 6a70791b
MD5: 7baf9fb775ee130bd7a4a779cb3bb612
SHA1: 8960bac2027cdeadb07e535a77597fb783e1433b

Actually, the game doesn't even boot when I select it in Mega Everdrive Pro, it hangs on a black screen. And I never convert songs, I always use what is just there. I used the No Intro Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (World) rom. Not Rev A mind you, but that's probably what went wrong on my end. I will have to find the rom you mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 4 Dec 2020 - 19:32 by darthvaderx

Have you tried using FixCheckSum in your rom? Generally emulators already come with this option enabled, hence perhaps the explanation of working well on Kega and not on Everdrive.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 4 Dec 2020 - 19:38 by SuperFeistyFox

darthvaderx wrote:Have you tried using FixCheckSum in your rom? Generally emulators already come with this option enabled, hence perhaps the explanation of working well on Kega and not on Everdrive.

Actually, I did, which is what I always check before putting it on my Everdrive. I wonder if the fact that it has a long file name has anything to do with it.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 5 Dec 2020 - 3:28 by zaphro72

El_Sabroso wrote:does anybody has a backup of these that can share a link to download please?
TwinFami wrote:Here are my packs with the vocal versions. Original uses Another Part of Me, Alternate uses Thriller instead. In my playthroughs, Thriller works best as the ROM patched is the REV00 one.

Original: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MdoPQcDeB_y_wAA-2nRP33-ZKcMFlHEx

Alternate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=100RuXAq7fRQSfFToRAQLcUj4agjCXcn8

Yes would be great if there was an updated source for these

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 22:40 by TwinFami

Hi. I finally got a MiSTer working (hopefully), so in the next few days, I'll be uploading versions compatible with the Mega EverDrive Pro and the MiSTer.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 6:04 by LG30

Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time understanding these patches. Is it possible to patch this game and run the music directly on the MEGA-CD by burning the music CD? In the same principle as with Pier Solar. If so, which patch should I use? Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 6:08 by Relikk

Use the MSU-MD patch if you want to use an original CD unit.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 6:10 by LG30

Thanks. I have a V3 everdrive, will it work?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 6:20 by Relikk

It should work with any version as long as you have a CD unit attached. If Pier Solar works for you then it should be fine.

Bearing in mind that the original patch was developed for the MD+ standard for use on Terraonion's MegaSD cartridge, and was then converted to MSU-MD by Krikzz. If there are any problems you'll need to contact Krikzz himself.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 10:13 by pev

@Mario64 Thanks for letting me know some links were broken. Luckily, I backed them up a while back. I changed to the RAR compression format and naming convention. Let us see if this helps the links survive a little longer. As before, copyright trolls have been hard and heavy these past few months.

I also changed the descriptions at the top a bit. So far, only Relikk's pack is loop-optimized which benefits MD+ at the moment. Everyone else, just use the MSU-MD compatible ones. They are standard loop (song starts, fades out at end, and restarts). Seamless loop is still in the works for MSU-MD users.

Back to top Go down

reesekaine

Post Wed 5 May 2021 - 0:37 by reesekaine

I wonder: Would it be feasible to have different tracks for all three stages of a chapter, or does the game only call for one track per chapter?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum