The Legend of Zelda - Gerudo Exile

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Gerudo Exile Empty The Legend of Zelda - Gerudo Exile

Discord: https://discord.gg/2FdXaT3

v1.2 Final (ips patch)
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/siwtv1b1xk0gl5w/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Gerudo_Exile.ips/file

[old] v1.1 (ips patch)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/M7B0HbzA#h3vWMwtm3Za7YUZ5NSvL-fHigWyttQk8OrYXFrhgKkw

[old] beta v1.5 (ups patch)
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/k3QyVQbD#d5VHaIn_0HxpacU2zxd3DOaOzAEKRhkYUqa3kh-3oIk
The patch needs to be applied on ALTTP (US), no header. You need a UPS patcher.

Last edited by Floki on Fri 23 Apr 2021 - 17:23; edited 5 times in total
Floki

The Legend of Zelda - Gerudo Exile Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - Gerudo Exile :: Comments

Puzzledude

Post Wed 23 Sep 2020 - 19:01 by Puzzledude

The version is now Final 1.1, instead of the last ups patch I had, which was beta 1.5. Then it was beta 1.7. So the order is: beta 1.5, beta 1.7, final 1.0 and final 1.1. It's on the website. Otherwise this ups patch here is beta 1.5. There are some minor differences though.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 24 Sep 2020 - 5:33 by Conn

updated the link, thanks Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 7 Oct 2020 - 15:37 by Floki

GweiloGopher wrote:Updated to version 1.2, someone found a softlock that I fixed.

Also updated screenshots as per the author's request!

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 11 Oct 2020 - 3:06 by sinistra

@Orochimaru , Thank you for providing us with another great episode, i'm playing it now and so far i totally like it.

Very Happy Breakdance

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Fri 30 Oct 2020 - 19:28 by GweiloGopher

Hey Brutapode,

Anyone can feel free to work on our change my hack as they see fit. MSU-1 would be sweet... could that mean OoT Forest Temple music in the Poe Manor?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 31 Oct 2020 - 5:23 by Conn

The lite patch should be compatible with any patch:
bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/zelda3_msu.zip
subfolder "lite(novideo)_pal_ntsc_allVersions_compatible" - alttp_msu1_short.ips

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 2 Nov 2020 - 13:25 by Pamfafoofle

I've been working through this hack for the past couple of weeks and think I'm almost finished (19 Heart Containers). However, the game completely freezes when I draw the Master Sword from the pedestal. Can anyone confirm if they have the same problem? Playing version 1.2 on ZSNES.

I expect that I could bypass this problem with a code to get Sword2 (the Master Sword IS coded as Sword2, correct?) and keep going, but just want to check to make sure that I won't be missing any important deep coding enacted by the event of drawing the sword from the pedestal. Any chance you could tell me what storyline I'd be missing by doing this?

This might be minor spoilers at this point, but is every Y item in this game? I noticed that King Zora's Heart Piece originally showed up as the Ether Medallion (which I believe is a relic of Hylian Legacy's recoding of this event) so I was wondering if that means the Ether Medallion is not present in the game, and if so maybe a bunch of other items aren't either. Still 9 Y item slots open on the menu.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Nov 2020 - 0:42 by Wolfcat

With version 1.4 I have 19 hearts, the master sword, but there isn't a medallion on my item listed. I just checked version 1.4 in zsnes and Zora wasn't there, so I had already been there.

I've been playing through version 1.2 in zsnes and Zora did say he gave me an old rusted coin(which I assume is one of the medallions) and a quarter piece of heart, but there isn't a medallion in any of the versions I had played in ZSNES and snes9x, but I haven't checked all the versions through and through on both ZSNES and snes9x(which are v1.4, v1.2 and v1-94. I never grabbed versions 1.5 and 1.1.

It's hard to keep up. This is one of the harder games to play through, so I had a hard time even thinking of posting a response until I got far enough that I might be able to say anything.

I still have the Desert Palace to play through which I have the big key for now, but I need to chill from playing this game for a while. If the master sword freezes the game of version 1.2 in ZSNES, I will let you all know. I am running zsnesw151.

Also, I should say how snes9x is preferred over zsnes because unless I mistaken it is more updated and thus more secure but also less buggy. So although I still run ZSNES which I sort of prefer because it is better IMO(In My Opinion) for quicker save state saving and loading, I try to use snesx9 to get used to the idea of only running it instead.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Nov 2020 - 2:57 by Wolfcat

OK, I have the master sword with alttp - Gerudo Exile version 1.2

Here is my item list:

If you had a glitch when pulling the master sword out of the stone in version 1.2 but not for me, then there must be a reason why. What version of ZSNES are you running? Are you running Linux or Windows? I don't know how to fix this and this could happen for someone else.

I once had a alttp rom hack with the halo from here freeze when using the halo which is supposed to be used to save "Link" by using bees I think. At the time I was usng ZSNES on Ubuntu Linux from way back some 10 years ago I think.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Nov 2020 - 8:36 by Pamfafoofle

Thanks for your research Wolfcat! I did end up applying the code to get the Master Sword, which worked fine--I just imagine that I missed some backstory text from pulling the sword and also from exiting the grove. Applying the code still triggered the priest to be slain. I went on to beat the game...and then I decided to go back and play it again, so I am working through it for a second time. We'll see if the same thing happens pulling the Master Sword this time (it'll be a while before I get there.) If it still doesn't work, I'd really love to know what story text I missed.

I've got ZSNES 1.51 for Windows, so it's technically the "latest" version although it's now 13 years old!

Comments on your item list:

Yes, this is a difficult quest. In addition to the puzzles, there are lots of races which require pretty precise movements to complete on time. I've been pretty addicted to using savestates ever since Parallel Worlds, so I suppose I don't notice the demands on one's life nearly as much as I ought to, but even so it's challenging to time everything right. Certainly not the most casual of games to play through.

Last edited by Pamfafoofle on Sat 14 Nov 2020 - 8:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hide spoilers text)

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Nov 2020 - 14:45 by Wolfcat

For number 2:

Back to top Go down

Entity1037

Post Mon 18 Dec 2023 - 16:46 by Entity1037

The download link for the V1.2 Final patch is dead. Could someone reupload it?

I would recommend not hosting things on MediaFire. From my experience downloads tend to die on there quickly, especially if they're fangame or romhacking related.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 18 Dec 2023 - 17:51 by StratosVX

If you go to their site (linked in the OP) you can download v1.3, which could be why the old version's link doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Entity1037

Post Tue 19 Dec 2023 - 20:17 by Entity1037

Ah I see, the thread is just outdated. Thank you. It's strange though, the link for V1.1 still works.

Back to top Go down