How to move fog overlay in lost woods

Go down

How to move fog overlay in lost woods Empty How to move fog overlay in lost woods

Post by kibble Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 2:24

I'm currently using zscream to make my romhack, I think that it's much better than hyrule magic. I want to move the fog of the lost woods to a different area but I don't know how, If you know how to do this on hyrule magic or zscream that would be good.

kibble
Bee
Bee

Since : 2022-12-09

Back to top Go down

How to move fog overlay in lost woods Empty Re: How to move fog overlay in lost woods

Post by Letterbomb Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 21:04

kibble wrote:I'm currently using zscream to make my romhack, I think that it's much better than hyrule magic. I want to move the fog of the lost woods to a different area but I don't know how, If you know how to do this on hyrule magic or zscream that would be good.

What area are you trying to move it to? Curious because I had to move the fog somewhere else for my hack too and the only way to do this right now is through ASM. Which I could probably help you with the ASM since I think I just have to adjust some of the code for you, could be wrong though lol.
Letterbomb
Letterbomb

How to move fog overlay in lost woods Image211

Since : 2020-03-01

Back to top Go down

How to move fog overlay in lost woods Empty Re: How to move fog overlay in lost woods

Post by kibble Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 21:47

Letterbomb wrote:

What area are you trying to move it to? Curious because I had to move the fog somewhere else for my hack too and the only way to do this right now is through ASM. Which I could probably help you with the ASM since I think I just have to adjust some of the code for you, could be wrong though lol.

I'm trying to move the lost woods to the kakariko village area, and I don't know how to move the background fog. Thanks for the help.

kibble
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Letterbomb Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 22:02

kibble wrote:
Letterbomb wrote:

I'm trying to move the lost woods to the kakariko village area, and I don't know how to move the background fog. Thanks for the help.

Yeah no problem Smile Here's the ASM for it then:

Code:

;Change Fog Area
;By Letterbomb, Zarby89
;=================================

norom

org $12FC3
LDX.w #$0097
LDA.b $8A
CMP.w #$0018
skip 2
CMP.w #$0005 ; Another foggy area if needed.
skip 2
CMP.w #$0007 ; Another foggy area if needed.

I don't know if it will delete the fog in the forest area, but I'm pretty sure this should work for moving it to Kakariko.

If you don't know how to apply asm:
1. Get Asar from romhacking.net or SMW Central
2. Save this code as a .asm file
3. Open Asar and drag this .asm file and your rom into the program (Make sure the rom is a .sfc file and not a .smc file
4. Hope that it works lol (If not just tell me and I or some others will figure what the problem is)
Letterbomb
Letterbomb

Back to top Go down

Post by kibble Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 22:38

Letterbomb wrote:
kibble wrote:
Letterbomb wrote:

Code:

;Change Fog Area
;By Letterbomb, Zarby89

norom

org $12FC3
LDX.w #$0097
LDA.b $8A
CMP.w #$0018
skip 2
skip 2

I don't know if it will delete the fog in the forest area, but I'm pretty sure this should work for moving it to Kakariko.

3. Open Asar and drag this .asm file and your rom into the program (Make sure the rom is a .sfc file and not a .smc file
4. Hope that it works lol (If not just tell me and I or some others will figure what the problem is)

It adds the fog and everything, but the one problem is that the fog only loads once I enter and exit a room in the area. I think it has to something to do with how when I enter the area there is no transition effect that loads the fog like in the original location of the lost woods.

kibble
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Letterbomb Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 23:27

kibble wrote:
Letterbomb wrote:
kibble wrote:
Letterbomb wrote:

Code:

;Change Fog Area
;By Letterbomb, Zarby89

norom

org $12FC3
LDX.w #$0097
LDA.b $8A
CMP.w #$0018
skip 2
skip 2

It adds the fog and everything, but the one problem is that the fog only loads once I enter and exit a room in the area. I think it has to something to do with how when I enter the area there is no transition effect that loads the fog like in the original location of the lost woods.

Yeah that might be the problem, all you have to do though in ZScream is find a little checkbox that says "Mosaic" at the top and then check the box to make the transition like the one in the original forest.
Letterbomb
Letterbomb

Back to top Go down

Post by kibble Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 23:56

Letterbomb wrote:
kibble wrote:
Letterbomb wrote:
kibble wrote:
Letterbomb wrote:

Code:

;Change Fog Area
;By Letterbomb, Zarby89

norom

org $12FC3
LDX.w #$0097
LDA.b $8A
CMP.w #$0018
skip 2
skip 2

Yeah that might be the problem, all you have to do though in ZScream is find a little checkbox that says "Mosaic" at the top and then check the box to make the transition like the one in the original forest.

Thanks, it may have taken a while but I couldn't find the mosaic tool, then I realised I was using an older version of zscream and I upgraded to the newer version. Now I can change the mosaic and everything works perfectly Smile thanks.

kibble
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by Letterbomb Mon 12 Dec 2022 - 15:31

kibble wrote:

Thanks, it may have taken a while but I couldn't find the mosaic tool, then I realised I was using an older version of zscream and I upgraded to the newer version. Now I can change the mosaic and everything works perfectly Smile thanks.

No problem! Also yeah ZScream is currently at v3.0.6 so if you don't have that version now you don't have the most recent one.
Letterbomb
Letterbomb

Back to top Go down