The Legend of Zelda: Allhallows Eve

Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Allhallows Eve Empty The Legend of Zelda: Allhallows Eve

Trailers:

Patch Download (v1.03):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VroLZpkAbnhO4Oo6JOomedHQnbm-1q9k/view?usp=sharing

Description:
Code:
The Legend of Zelda: Allhallows Eve is a romhack of A Link to the Past which consists of new Halloween-themed Overworlds, Dungeons, Sprites, Music, and plenty of ASM surprises to see! This hack was put together in just two months by Myself, Jeimuzu, Scawful, Zarby89, and JaredBrian, and because of the short development time we had, there may still be some small bugs but they shouldn’t affect too much or crash the game. However, we do plan to release a v1.01 or v1.10 later on to fix what bugs people do find in the game. That being said, we hope that you enjoy this hack and we hope it’ll inspire people to start their own hack or collab!

v1.01 Update:
While this version doesn't fix everything, it does fix some stuff like balancing issues inside of the Manor, some music fixes (No more beeps and boops in the rain sections of the game), and some other minor fixes. We plan to obviously continue development on the game but for now this is a quick hotfix for some things.

v1.02 Update:
Text Fixes - Which should be mostly good overall now but there's still probably more to be edited. The Masks also actually tell you how to use them, and there was some new texts added since some remained vanilla and were just forgotten about entirely.
Dungeon Fixes - For example there are now dash doors in the Pumpkin Patch, Manor fixes to make the dungeon less cryptic to solve, and Mineshaft fixes to make it so you couldn't cheese a part of the dungeon. We also added items to areas that needed it, like the Final Boss area has fairies near it, the Church has full magic, and more spots just have safety items which can help make the hack a lot less irritating.
Bug Fixes and Rebalancing - Lots of things are now fixed, like holes you can fall into without escaping, Overworld bugs that move the camera in incorrect ways, etc. The game has also been slightly rebalanced, but there are still enemies that need to be rebalanced for the game.

v1.03 Update:
Major Collision Issues in Dungeon 4 and One of the Caves - Somehow, a code slipped into the game which allowed you to walk out of bounds in a couple of the rooms, so we fixed that here in this version.
Dungeon Fixes - Jared made some fixes to his Pumpkin Patch Dungeon, so it should be even better than what it was previously. :eyes:
Enemy Damage - We rebalanced the game a bunch by taking down some of the damages of enemies such as Stalfos Knights, Wizzrobes, Snapdragons, etc. As far as we know, no normal enemy should be doing 3-4 hearts of damage and we hope that you enjoy this change.

Last edited by Letterbomb on Fri 17 Nov 2023 - 18:56; edited 16 times in total
Letterbomb
Letterbomb

The Legend of Zelda: Allhallows Eve Image211

Since : 2020-03-01

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda: Allhallows Eve :: Comments

Letterbomb

Post Fri 20 Oct 2023 - 20:21 by Letterbomb

Here are some more teasers for the hack itself! I posted these on discord already on each day since the first of October, but I decided not to put them here since I thought it would be a little more clunky to do compared to discord lol.

The Legend of Zelda: Allhallows Eve Allhallow

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sat 28 Oct 2023 - 3:16 by sinistra

I can hardly wait ;-) Spin

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 2 Nov 2023 - 5:55 by M1CR0H4CK3R

LB, you're late. Get a move on already!
Jokes aside, I'm so excited to play this. Quick question, though, is this hack tested working with ZSNES FuSoYa 8MB (75% support for exlorom), or will I need to whip out Snes9x? Thanks either way.

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Fri 3 Nov 2023 - 12:35 by Letterbomb

M1CR0H4CK3R wrote:LB, you're late. Get a move on already!
Jokes aside, I'm so excited to play this. Quick question, though, is this hack tested working with ZSNES FuSoYa 8MB (75% support for exlorom), or will I need to whip out Snes9x? Thanks either way.

Lol sorry yeah we announced that it was delayed on discord to November 10th.
As far as I know no one on the team uses ZSNES though so we really have no idea lol.

Back to top Go down

MotorDuck

Post Fri 3 Nov 2023 - 14:28 by MotorDuck

Hey sorry you guys ran into bugs and couldn't release on time. Hopefully you've figured out how to squash most of them. Looking forward to the release on the 10th! This will be my first romhack!

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Fri 10 Nov 2023 - 17:01 by Letterbomb

It's finally out everyone! Enjoy!!

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 18:59 by Letterbomb

Just now updated the hack to v1.01!
While this version doesn't fix everything, it does fix some stuff like balancing issues inside of the Manor, some music fixes (No more beeps and boops in the rain sections of the game), and some other minor fixes. We plan to obviously continue development on the game but for now this is a quick hotfix for some things.

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Wed 15 Nov 2023 - 19:01 by Letterbomb

This hack has been updated to v1.02!
Sorry for the long wait, but we're finally here. This version fixes a lot of non-asm stuff that people either found to be incorrect, buggy, too obscure, or even irritating about the hack. Some of these changes we made include:

Text Fixes - Which should be mostly good overall now but there's still probably more to be edited. The Masks also actually tell you how to use them, and there was some new texts added since some remained vanilla and were just forgotten about entirely.
Dungeon Fixes - For example there are now dash doors in the Pumpkin Patch, Manor fixes to make the dungeon less cryptic to solve, and Mineshaft fixes to make it so you couldn't cheese a part of the dungeon. We also added items to areas that needed it, like the Final Boss area has fairies near it, the Church has full magic, and more spots just have safety items which can help make the hack a lot less irritating.
Bug Fixes and Rebalancing - Lots of things are now fixed, like holes you can fall into without escaping, Overworld bugs that move the camera in incorrect ways, etc. The game has also been slightly rebalanced, but there are still enemies that need to be rebalanced for the game.

Overall we Added More Polish to Sections of the Game - In conclusion, this should be the most polished Jeimuzu and I can get with the non-asm stuff, unless there is more stuff reported. Thank you for waiting and enjoy the v1.02 patch of Allhallows Eve!

Back to top Go down

MotorDuck

Post Thu 16 Nov 2023 - 0:00 by MotorDuck

Thanks for getting out a patch fairly quickly. Noob question, but can you just repatch the rom with the new fix? Or do you have to patch a base US rom again to play? If so do you lose your progress?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 16 Nov 2023 - 6:08 by Puzzledude

MotorDuck wrote:Thanks for getting out a patch fairly quickly. Noob question, but can you just repatch the rom with the new fix? Or do you have to patch a base US rom again to play? If so do you lose your progress?
You patch the bps 1.02 to the original game. The bps will not allow you to patch it wrong anyway, since it only works on a specific rom, which is original ALTTP US no header. So if you use the Japan rom it will not work for instance.

Regarding the save. You can continue from where you were, you just need to rename the save file. In snes9x for instance it is the .srm file. The file name needs to be identical to your new patched rom (which basically means renaming it from v100.srm to v102.srm). However it is not really recommended to change rom versions mid game, since you don't know what was changed in the game. Maybe you already have an item early which you should not have yet in the new version.
To be on the safe side, you might want to start 1.02 from the beginning.

Also @Letter this is one fine project you and the Council made. Good to see talented people continue the hacking scene of this game after my old generation has retired.

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Thu 16 Nov 2023 - 22:23 by Letterbomb

Puzzledude wrote:
Also @Letter this is one fine project you and the Council made. Good to see talented people continue the hacking scene of this game after my old generation has retired.

Thanks Puzzledude! Hopefully you enjoyed it despite the bugs still present inside of the game. Hopefully The Council will bring more romhacks in the future!

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Fri 17 Nov 2023 - 18:57 by Letterbomb

Hello! We realized that the previous patch had a major problem with it so here's another fix.

Major Collision Issues in Dungeon 4 and One of the Caves - Somehow, a code slipped into the game which allowed you to walk out of bounds in a couple of the rooms, so we fixed that here in this version.
Dungeon Fixes - Jared made some fixes to his Pumpkin Patch Dungeon, so it should be even better than what it was previously.
Enemy Damage - We rebalanced the game a bunch by taking down some of the damages of enemies such as Stalfos Knights, Wizzrobes, Snapdragons, etc. As far as we know, no normal enemy should be doing 3-4 hearts of damage and we hope that you enjoy this change.

Couple of Things Still Need to be Fixed - This should be an even more polished version of this game, but there are still things that need to be fixed, but we'll leave that for v1.04 or v1.10. With this version, you'll at least not be able to sequence break out of dungeon areas and such. Anyways, thanks and enjoy the v1.03 patch of Allhallows Eve!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 18 Nov 2023 - 9:18 by M1CR0H4CK3R

Okay, I've been playing on v1.00 (I know I need to update, but am waiting on the asm fixes before doing so), and I just beat the second dungeon and am now running into (no pun intended) a lack of Pegasus Boots, but a very clear need for them to access the next sword. I have traversed the entire map so far, and found only the Bug Catching Net in the Graveyard, but imagine that the gravestone that requires Pegasus Boots to move contains progression. I assume I needed to talk to the elder before starting the second dungeon, which I failed to do. I REALLY don't want to start over, so hopefully this isn't a known v1.00 bug that was fixed in v1.01... or worse, a bug that hasn't been reported yet.

Back to top Go down

Letterbomb

Post Sat 18 Nov 2023 - 14:58 by Letterbomb

M1CR0H4CK3R wrote:Okay, I've been playing on v1.00 (I know I need to update, but am waiting on the asm fixes before doing so), and I just beat the second dungeon and am now running into (no pun intended) a lack of Pegasus Boots, but a very clear need for them to access the next sword. I have traversed the entire map so far, and found only the Bug Catching Net in the Graveyard, but imagine that the gravestone that requires Pegasus Boots to move contains progression. I assume I needed to talk to the elder before starting the second dungeon, which I failed to do. I REALLY don't want to start over, so hopefully this isn't a known v1.00 bug that was fixed in v1.01... or worse, a bug that hasn't been reported yet.

Well, I can give a hint.
Boots Location:

Also it's important to note that if you do switch over to v1.01 or v1.03 you don't have to actually start over, you just have to patch the rom again and then rename it the same thing as your v1.00 rom.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 26 Nov 2023 - 6:01 by sinistra

Since i patched V1.03 over V1.00 every dialog is messed up, not that it bother me, i'd thought i'd give a heads up on that.

For the rest i want to thank you guys for building this beautiful hack (imho it's not fair to call this a hack), with all the details, new music, atmosphere, and game play it's a complete new alttp on it's own.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 26 Nov 2023 - 10:39 by StratosVX

sinistra wrote:Since i patched V1.03 over V1.00 every dialog is messed up, not that it bother me, i'd thought i'd give a heads up on that.

For the rest i want to thank you guys for building this beautiful hack (imho it's not fair to call this a hack), with all the details, new music, atmosphere, and game play it's a complete new alttp on it's own.

Generally, patching over a previous version gives you a corrupted file. You should patch to a clean rom unless the instructions explicitly tell you otherwise.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sun 26 Nov 2023 - 10:59 by sinistra

StratosVX wrote:
sinistra wrote:Since i patched V1.03 over V1.00 every dialog is messed up, not that it bother me, i'd thought i'd give a heads up on that.

Generally, patching over a previous version gives you a corrupted file. You should patch to a clean rom unless the instructions explicitly tell you otherwise.

Thanks, maybe i should be elaborated that a bit, so what i did was patch the new 1.03 rom to a clean version of alttp US unheadered, then renamed it back to V1.00 so i wouldn't have to start all over.

Those instructions have been mentioned by LetrterBomb before.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 30 Nov 2023 - 13:22 by Puzzledude

Since i patched V1.03 over V1.00 every dialog is messed up, not that it bother me, i'd thought i'd give a heads up on that.
Thanks, maybe i should be elaborated that a bit, so what i did was patch the new 1.03 rom to a clean version of alttp US unheadered, then renamed it back to V1.00 so i wouldn't have to start all over.
Or you leave the new rom's name at 1.03 and rename the save file from 1.00 to 1.03.
Also, your monologues were wrong if you used savestates, you need to restart from the srm save. If you've done that and the monologues are still wrong, then it was indeed a overpatching issue.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Sat 2 Dec 2023 - 4:08 by sinistra

Puzzledude wrote:
Or you leave the new rom's name at 1.03 and rename the save file from 1.00 to 1.03.
Also, your monologues were wrong if you used savestates, you need to restart from the srm save. If you've done that and the monologues are still wrong, then it was indeed a overpatching issue.

I see, so i should have renamed the *.SRM file, instead of the *.SMC, anyway, i re-patched it and started over, it works good now.

Back to top Go down